Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: hmmm.. youre not fat if you play gaemz?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Same reason I don't trust any study about how games can make you violent and crap like that. It's always the unstable that pull crap and get the idea from a media, never a sound minded person. We have no way to protect against all unstable minds, so censorship because of them is just silly.

In this case, study doesn't really work. You would need to do a much bigger scale with people from different areas. There's also the chance the subjects lied on certain things in the study, I know I did when I was a part of a small health food study as a kid.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hypnos View Post
    480-odd is actually more than enough to get an accurate spread of test subjects, provided that the selection is done properly.

Where they really fucked up is in using BMI as a measure of obesity. It's crap for measuring individuals.
    This, that's pretty much why they say that Mexico has the most obese-population in earth.

Yeah, based on BMI. Because we all know that muscles are just hardened fat.

Thanks

BMI more or less works for doing entire populations (the outlier athletes/bodybuilders and those with oversized frames tend to get evened out by the naturally undersized and lean-but-small athletes) and similar large scale work. Its just so vulnerable to distortions in small-scale studies that it can be worse than useless.

Thanks

All the chicks in avatars and signatures seem pretty thin to me. Case closed.

FUCK YEAH 31 DAYS REGISTERED ACHIEVEMENT

Thanks

if people are eating bad and not going outside of course they are gonna be fat all they need to do is eat healthier and see daylight

Quote Originally Posted by Darkseid View Post
    Same reason I don't trust any study about how games can make you violent and crap like that. It's always the unstable that pull crap and get the idea from a media, never a sound minded person. We have no way to protect against all unstable minds, so censorship because of them is just silly.

In this case, study doesn't really work. You would need to do a much bigger scale with people from different areas. There's also the chance the subjects lied on certain things in the study, I know I did when I was a part of a small health food study as a kid.
    if anything i learned from games
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 6th-February-2011 at 01:12. Reason: don't double post, read the rules...

Thanks
    EP Points

I'm Slim, and I have 160 GB. (¿?).

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by James Weingart View Post
    if people are eating bad and not going outside of course they are gonna be fat all they need to do is eat healthier and see daylight
    That's.... a remarkable oversimplification of things.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Prude View Post
    I agree. BMI IS crap.
    Truth. As a polynesian, I can testify. I'm 6'5 and weigh 310 lbs, but everyone is shocked when I tell them so. Too many other factors.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Once again, people can solve their problems by beating their children. Then they wouldn't be fat. They'd be tenderized.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KnightofNachos View Post
    All the chicks in avatars and signatures seem pretty thin to me. Case closed.
    This i can agree with