Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hmmm.. youre not fat if you play gaemz?

Thanks

Default hmmm.. youre not fat if you play gaemz?

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6286817.html

It has been said

now my fellow friends, Discuss!

Rewardsgaming.net

Thanks
    EP Points

i think rather than the correlation being between kids and video games, it's between kids and parents who let their kids be lazy bastards. (many times of which, video games are involved)

It's not where you are, but where you've been that matters
    Thanks

I always thought it was a dumb stereotype. Gaming does not make someone fat; eating crap food and never exercising does. They can choose to do it and keep a daily/weekly/monthly/annual exercise schedule but still game all they want. It's rather annoying to hear "go play WoW fat faggot" from those of us that think they are better than the entire games universe. Maybe once more people see that study, gamers won't be tagged so unfairly anymore.

Thanks
    EP Points

I hate these so-called studies. Yeah let's grab 482 kids, that's gonna make it accurate. Any kind of study like these are ridiculous and in no way do I ever believe in the results. Whether it's games, politics, health or whatever. Do a study with a million people involved and then maybe I'll raise an eyebrow.

Not saying all gamers are fat or not, I'm just against these stupid money wasting studies.

Thanks
    EP Points

hmmm. all of my gaming friends are not fat. they are very skinny, i weigh only 130 pounds

Thanks

i think there are many different characteristics of people and personalities

so to make these studies completely accurate, we need to do a study of EVERYONE in one area(United States for example), or in this case, children

Rewardsgaming.net

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

heh, Michigan.
    I want to say yes and no. I know one guy who had rich parents, bought him any game he wanted. He is the fattest, most obese-est person I know.
    I on the other hand, had basically any game I wanted as a child as well. And I could play them as much as I wanted. But my parents had me enrolled in Soccer teams, baseball, and track. For some odd reason, I enjoyed each one of them too.

Now as an adult (20), I have a more healthy diet than even my parents and am 150lbs and 6'1". Maybe it was something they instilled, but either way it cannot be the fault of video games, but was due to the parents' choices.

Thanks

Hell if they are fat just lock them in a room with wii resort or sports. saying games make people fat is a lie..ddr burns plenty of calories on hard.

they could make a study on how games help you lose weight..oh wait thers the wii fit

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zaladane View Post
    I hate these so-called studies. Yeah let's grab 482 kids, that's gonna make it accurate. Any kind of study like these are ridiculous and in no way do I ever believe in the results. Whether it's games, politics, health or whatever. Do a study with a million people involved and then maybe I'll raise an eyebrow.

Not saying all gamers are fat or not, I'm just against these stupid money wasting studies.
    480-odd is actually more than enough to get an accurate spread of test subjects, provided that the selection is done properly.

Where they really fucked up is in using BMI as a measure of obesity. It's crap for measuring individuals.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Hypnos View Post
    480-odd is actually more than enough to get an accurate spread of test subjects, provided that the selection is done properly.

Where they really fucked up is in using BMI as a measure of obesity. It's crap for measuring individuals.
    I agree. BMI IS crap.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Shoot the fatties and their parents.

*plays moar gaemz*

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by deadlegion View Post
    Shoot the fatties and their parents.

*plays moar gaemz*
    Fat kids make easy targets
    Last edited by Zaladane; 26th-January-2011 at 10:57.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zaladane View Post
    Fat kids make easy targets
    Slower moving target, even more so if you superglue a twinky to the ground, its like trying to hit the broad side of a barn

Im 21, 6 foot and weigh 170lbs, up until a few weeks ago (damn this summer weather) i would cycle nearly every day, never been fat, always played games. Some gamers choose to be fat and lazy, others don't.
    Under 500 subjects is not an accurate spread. If they selected them from area (which they did) I don't believe this is a fair result. They probably made their life even easier by going to one school and doing the test there. Needs to be on a larger scale and from various regions imo. My worthless 0.02

I am your usual forum loiterer...depleating bandwidth one post at a time.

If you download, don't forget to thank

Must keep kouen off the front page of PSP Uploads

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Myself existing makes this study complete crap.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Actually 250 is the accepted sapmle for studies such as these, but as Hynos said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypnos View Post
    ...provided that the selection is done properly...