Thread: Emulating on cell phones

Thanks

Cool Emulating on cell phones

I've been emulating game boy color on my blackberry curve using me boy builder to build a jar file version of the game boy game and then sending it through jar to alx converter to upload it to the berry as blackberry only supports alx applications. so I guess what this is about is any one who wants gameboy on their black berry I just provided you the clues to it, happy hunting.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,055 Times in 323 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Indeed, On the Symbian Platform there is Nes, GB, MS and Genesis if memory serves me. there is even a PSX one on the Windows Mobile Platform, its a shame my Pocket PC doesn't have any 3D acceleration or a Strong CPU.

Thanks

How do you find out if the emulators can run on a cell? I have a Samsung Impact, would anyone know?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kouen View Post
    Assuming its this phone?
    http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_impact_sf-2443.php

You can run MeBoy 2.2
    http://handheld.softpedia.com/get/Em...oy-65783.shtml

Java Based GameBoy Color Emulator

Hope this helps ya!
    Nope, this is mine; http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_t746_impact-2870.php (Mines is black... that orange is ugly...)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Same applies mate unfortunately its a proprietary format, if it was Symbian, Android, iOS, Blackberry or Windows Mobile you could have got more

Thanks

What do you mean by proprietary format? Does this mean it'll lag? I'll be putting it on an SD card if that makes a difference.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by alpha2zulu View Post
    What do you mean by proprietary format? Does this mean it'll lag? I'll be putting it on an SD card if that makes a difference.
    Proprietary as in its a Phone OS made by Samsung, and from what I can tell they dont allow for apps outside of Java. (Even then GSMArena Claims it has Java and the Samsung Site says it doesn't)

Only Phone Java Emulator I know of is MeBoy, but you have a lack of keypad so Im not sure you would even be able to run that, You can try though

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kouen View Post
    Proprietary as in its a Phone OS made by Samsung, and from what I can tell they dont allow for apps outside of Java. (Even then GSMArena Claims it has Java and the Samsung Site says it doesn't)

Only Phone Java Emulator I know of is MeBoy, but you have a lack of keypad so Im not sure you would even be able to run that, You can try though
    Ok, thanks for the info, I'll definitely try it and see what happens. Lol, what a predicament I put myself in, I took this phone cause I got it for 15$ to replace my shitty LG. I didn't think much of not having a key pad, I didn't even know about emulating on cell phones that weren't BB or iPhones. Stay tuned!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Thanks

hey can anyone ehelp me find a correct guide or walkthrough on how to put some emulaters or roms on my blackberry curve if its possible (witch i assumed)

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by heartofdestany View Post
    I've been emulating game boy color on my blackberry curve using me boy builder to build a jar file version of the game boy game and then sending it through jar to alx converter to upload it to the berry as blackberry only supports alx applications. so I guess what this is about is any one who wants gameboy on their black berry I just provided you the clues to it, happy hunting.
    must have