Thread: ePSXe unbuntu 10.10 HELP!

Thanks

Default ePSXe unbuntu 10.10 HELP!

I recently have tried to help a friend install ePSXe on his laptop (which has unbuntu 10.10 on it) We install ePSXe 1.6.0 I gave him all my plugins and dumped my Bios file for him, I get everything in one folder (like it looks on windows) but when I click on the epsxe executable nothing happens. Please help, Ive checked everywhere.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Windows applications won't run on Linux based operating systems (at least, not straight away. There may be a way to do it). He would have to download the Linux version, which you can find on their download page

Thanks

Yes, that is the exact place I downloaded the linux version from. then I transfered Ill my plugins via usb. but when I click on the icon to start up the program nothing happens. Im not a linux/mac user so I feel like a blind man....lol.

Thanks

Windows plugins won't work with Linux either. You needto download the linux versions of the required plugins, most of which can be found the same places the Windows ones are.

Thanks

Hey, thanks man. I guess that is a big, duh. lol. Just didnt see the linux plugins. Ill see how far I get and then respond back here. thanks for all the help so far.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,387 Times in 124 Posts
    EP Points

The easiest solution on this thread is to delete his and paste your epsxe 1.6.0 to his laptop if it can run windows programs. If windows plugins or emulators aren't working on Linux (I don't have it myself honestly, but usually a prob) just search/download a linux based version w/ all plugins included.
    My inbox IS NOT A REQUEST BOX , if you want to make requests maybe do it here? Someone w/ working links might help you there (I don't do requests obviously, however, feel free to let me know if a DLC file doesn't work* and needs an update ) *ex:"container error"

How to use DLC files? Use Jdownloader
    Still looking for PS2 undubs by any chance? Try searching "PS2 undub project 2.6" @ google, it's hard to miss and you can maybe find most of em in a single search/post .