Page 59 of 410 FirstFirst ... 949545556575859606162636469109159 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you playing right now #2

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

You will learn to appreciate Marcus, especially if you wait until around chapter 20 to use him, since that's when everybody should start promoting. But still, he's a magnificent utility unit with great weapon ranks, solid stats, the weapon triangle on his side and has the mounted movement bonus making him an omnipresent threat to all enemies.

The gaiden missions aren't hard to get in 7, unlike some of the missions in 6. Unless you're going for 19xx, but I assume you're not playing in Hector mode so that's moot.

Easiest: FE8 (Sacred Stones) for the GBA. It's so easy that promoted enemy units have the stats of the same level UNPROMOTED enemy units. So you'll be running into Druids with stats of Shamans. Also, if you get the Japanese version, the rookie units have higher growth rates than the US version, even though they get 50 levels (10 for their rookie class, 20 for base and 20 for promoted). That was their attempt to balance them out... even though they never bothered to make promoted enemy units, you know, have better stats.

Hardest: That's up for debate, really. Though a lot of people say FE5, AKA Thracia 776 for the Super Famicom (SNES). I personally haven't played it beyond one mission, so I can't say for certain if it is the hardest.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Decided to start up FFFXII again, pretty fun so far.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Playing Mega Man 10 at the moment.

Thanks

Alright, thanks Aeolus. I'll reconsider using Marcus more, but I think I have a team that wipes the floor with every enemy (I'm at chapter 20 right now) as is, so I think I'll be fine for the rest of the game. Half of my guys are promoted and at level 20 and the other half are at level 20 and awaiting promotion items as I get them.

It's funny that you say that the Sacred Stones are the easiest Fire Emblem game, though, because I actually thought you might say that one. I've played it before and I remember it as being pretty darn easy. I took a look at Thracia 776 before, and I think you might be right when you say it's the hardest. It certainly looks challenging if anything.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

That's because Sacred Stones tried to be FE2, only they made random battles far too easy to abuse for level ups. In FE2, random battles tended to be more of an annoyance and the EXP gains were low, so unless you were crazy (like me, who played the game about 4 times because of bad roms), you wouldn't reach high levels very easily, especially when you got to the monster battles. About the only way they could have made Sacred Stones easier is if they included third tier promotions and made the Falcon Knights able to do three times damage to monsters like in FE2.

But you should be happy because Sacred Stones doesn't use magic like FE2. With the use of HP to cast spells.

Thanks
    EP Points

Playing some Alice: Madness Returns as well as the first game.

I love me some American McGee.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealSpiders View Post

How's Madness Returns, if you are far enough to judge?

I finished the first game and thought it had some excellent art direction and level design, but pretty meh gameplay/combat.

Thanks

Currently playing Pinball Dreaming - a PSP minis release of Pinball Dreams. Go go 1992!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealSpiders View Post

I'm curious as well as to how the game is. I was a fan of the first one, and from seeing other people play it and the previews of it I thought it looked pretty good, but I don't know if it's worth the buy or not.

Anyways, I finished Fire Emblem 7 and I'm onto Fire Emblem 6. Hopefully I'll be able to get through this one unscathed.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

ha ha ha... no. Enemies actually have Luck in that game, and they have Killer weapons. So yeah, enjoy the crits! And the War Dragons! And Thieves not being able to promote at all! And having to find and keep all of the Divine Weapons (as in not letting them break) along with Fa's Dragon Stone to get to the real final boss!

Also, like axes? Well then you won't because they have really crap accuracy now!

Thanks
    EP Points

Playing Hitman: Blood Money going for the 5 silent assassin rankings on pro for the achievement.

Thanks

I just started playing GRAW 2.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    How's Madness Returns, if you are far enough to judge?

I finished the first game and thought it had some excellent art direction and level design, but pretty meh gameplay/combat.
    I'm not too far into it yet, haven't been able to get a proper gaming session in recently, but it's pretty much like the original in terms of aesthetics although much more polished. Just like the original it more platformer/action rather than action/platformer, but so far I am really digging it.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Sweet. I've been curious about Alice: Madness Returns as well. Probably gonna pick it up next weekend for my PS3.

Thanks
    EP Points

Kamen Rider Climax Heroes OOO