Page 58 of 410 FirstFirst ... 848535455565758596061626368108158 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you playing right now #2

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Raype View Post
    As an initial precaution: Be prepared for A LOT of rough spots on the story line. The plot itself is good enough (although perhaps over hyped for what ultimately boils down to LOLALTERNATIVE-RELIGION-INTERPRETATIONLOL), but the presentation does leave a good deal to be desired.....
    Yeah, I think I'm more than prepared for stuff like that. I'm not expecting the second coming of Christ, just a pretty good game. I'm quite liking it so far.

I'm still undecided whether or not I want to play the Xenosaga games after I'm finished with Gears. I've heard mixed things about them. Not to mention that even those who like it tend to agree that Gears is better.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

They're good, but much like Xenogears they have a lot of rough patches. Hilariously, it's the complete OPPOSITE from Gears. Gears has a great start, a poor middle, and a decent ending.

Saga has a decent start, a poor middle, and a great ending.

I think I might prefer Saga myself, but opinions are funny like that. There's plenty of reasons to dislike one or the other. And I think at least some of the dislike for Saga runs off the fact it's not really a sequel to Xenogears. At all. So it suffers from a bit of Chrono Cross syndrome from the more hardcore fanboy crowd. And...well.... the cutscenes. Not everyone's on board for a game that spends as much (or more if we're talking about Episode 1) time telling the story as it does letting you actually play the game.

Thanks
    EP Points

X-Men 2:Clone Wars,Urban Strike.
    The Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything is...
    Spoiler warning:
    Spoiler warning:
    Well,what did you expect ?

Thanks
    EP Points

Playing through the the console LoZ games and all the Mega Man X series. Pretty much dreading anything after X4. Lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LeftyGuitar View Post
    Ape Escape. Been awhile since I've played this one.
    That reminds me, I started playing Ape Escape: On the Loose, the port of Ape Escape to the PSP, lately. I've loved Ape Escape ever since I was a kid, and I really need to pick up Ape Escape 2 some day. I have the third Ape Escape around somewhere, but I never got around to finding a copy of Ape Escape 2, and whenever I do find a copy of Ape Escape 2 I don't have any money to pay for it. ;

Either way...Ape Escape's a good game. I wish it were more popular over in the USA, though.

Thanks
    EP Points

PS3 Tekken 6
    Pocket Monsters Black

Thanks

Braid
    Still on Demon's Souls
    and I got through with the Outland demo last night. Loved it, but I can't buy it because I'm a few cents short! ARGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Terraria. It's rather fun, but...it feels a bit like Minecraft, doesn't it? It's more polished (as it should be, considering Minecraft's beta and Terraria a formal release), and the addition of things like NPCs is very neat, but even so...

Thanks
    EP Points

PSP Mini Zenonia

Thanks
    EP Points

Actually ended up playing through Soul Blazer atm, and I kinda figured Terraria would be like Minecraft.

Thanks

I gave up on Fire Emblem after realizing for the 500th time that I suck at every and any game at that. (I kept restarting this one chapter and realized that no matter what I did I would be losing, and then I saw that there was a recruitable character in the chapter, but I missed another character a few chapters back that I needed in order to get this new recruitable character.)

Long story short, I decided to take up Tale of Symphonia to finally play the one RPG for the Gamecube that everyone says is great that I never played. Yay.

Edit: I decided to go back to Fire Emblem despite my sucking at it. I simply need something to keep me busy, and if trying to beat impossible odds going through Fire Emblem will do it, then I'll take it.
    Last edited by Marche100; 17th-June-2011 at 14:57.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

FE7 is the second easiest game in the series; I don't see how anybody can suck at it! Especially since Marcus is there, with his power of awesome that lets you solo the game, and can even beat the final boss alone on the hardest difficulty.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by megamanax View Post
    Actually ended up playing through Soul Blazer atm, and I kinda figured Terraria would be like Minecraft.
    Soul Blazer's a great game. Just finished my own LP of it not that long ago.

I 'was' playing Star Ocean Til the End of Time, but then I remembered all the reasons why I disliked that game as I got near the end again (I've beaten it once before years ago).

So then I threw in Star Ocean: The Second Story, and was having an absolute ball on one of the harder difficulty settings until my scratched disk decided it wanted to freeze up and give me a black screen twice after battles in the Mountain Temple.

Lost interest and then started browsing online for people to play older games with, came across these forums and figured it might be one of my best shots. Around the same time I came across the MMORPG NEStalgia, and decided to give that game a shot (free to play, need to pay for a subscription to get access to half the classes/some items)...decent game so far, but it's definitely one of those games that appeals to older RPG players and repels people who care about things like say...graphics.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Aeolus Aeneas View Post
    FE7 is the second easiest game in the series; I don't see how anybody can suck at it! Especially since Marcus is there, with his power of awesome that lets you solo the game, and can even beat the final boss alone on the hardest difficulty.
    Frick. I plan on going through the entire series, too.

But yeah, I'm doing ok now. I refuse to use Marcus, though. He's an experience hog, and I'd rather have a more balanced team. I'm just really bad at this kind of game. I'm not a good tactician in any way. Maybe it has something to do with me trying to get every character and refusing to let any character die? Also I'm going for every side-quest, so that might be a part of it, perhaps.

I abused the arena, though, so now the game should be much easier. I'm at chapter 18 and I have 7 character at level 20 (without promotion) an 2 characters at level 20 (with promotion). I'll do the same with arenas later in the game, too, so I shouldn't have much trouble.

If you know, what's the easiest and the hardest one in the series? I'm just curious.

Thanks
    EP Points

Vampire Chronicle: The Chaos Tower