Page 344 of 410 FirstFirst ... 244294334339340341342343344345346347348349354394 ... LastLast
Results 5,146 to 5,160 of 6148

Thread: What are you playing right now #2

Elmdor Rizer is offline Official Chronicler of EP
    Unofficial Chronicler of your underwear drawer
    Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior View Post
    What about Growlanser eh?

Growlanser is awesome, beats the pants offa Langrisser.

Currently playing Castlevania Harmony of Dissonance .
    Honestly, it's one of those series that I've never played despite the fact that it should be on the very top of my to-play-list (well, ever since it because possible to play 'em in English, anyways).

They just don't look very Langrissery.

Edit: Heh, the same actually goes for the GBA Castlevania games. They're awesome, yeah?

Michael Ballack, he scores free-kicks.
    He's got black hair, and he's german.
    Michael Ballack, trains in paddocks.
    in his spare time, HE FARMS HADDOCKS!
    Watch me play Super C, guys!!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Yes Elmdor they are. Play them, for me.

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Elmdor Rizer View Post
    Honestly, it's one of those series that I've never played despite the fact that it should be on the very top of my to-play-list (well, ever since it because possible to play 'em in English, anyways).

They just don't look very Langrissery.

Edit: Heh, the same actually goes for the GBA Castlevania games. They're awesome, yeah?
    Growlanser is in the same vein as Langrisser just not a grid based tactical trat game.

Growlanser is a strategy RPG with multiple endings , You need to grab the undub of Growlanser 4 on PSP, its great, reason for the undub is atlus never bothered to dub outside of cutscenes , everyone is mute.

Why it seems similar to Lanrisser is its from the same artist and the same dev company, Career soft.

And ya the GBA castlevanias are great just not circle of the moon..........pretty bad.
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior View Post
    Growlanser is in the same vein as Langrisser just not a grid based tactical trat game.

Growlanser is a strategy RPG with multiple endings , You need to grab the undub of Growlanser 4 on PSP, its great, reason for the undub is atlus never bothered to dub outside of cutscenes , everyone is mute.

Why it seems similar to Lanrisser is its from the same artist and the same dev company, Career soft.

And ya the GBA castlevanias are great just not circle of the moon..........pretty bad.
    Stahp. Just stahp. Circle is an easy 8/10. If your issues are with the plot know that I will just point and laugh at you. I also dgaf what Igarashi thinks. As a game, it is excellent.

As for Growlanser the 4th game in the series probably isn't the best starting point.

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

From a actual Castlevania fan ya its bad.

Its bland, hardly any animation, well il let this describe it better.

http://www.telebunny.net/toastywiki/...ircleoftheMoon
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Lol, yeah I'm not a Castlevania fan that's why I've played all the games in the series except LoS2. Which I just can't bring myself to play.

Why should I care about some random article? I can find way more links saying it's good, but I don't see the point. The fact is, you couldn't actually explain yourself, so you linked to a hate article.

Bland seems to be your latest buzz word.

I'm not saying it's SoTN, Rondo or even Aria for that matter, but it's a good game.

Thanks
    EP Points

I'm going to write a script that posts "I'm playing CS:GO right now" to this thread every 12 seconds.

ある朝、気がついたんだ
    僕はこの世界が嫌いなんだって

Thanks
    Thanked 2,577 Times in 1,219 Posts
    EP Points

Assassin's Creed III. I've played this on 360 before and I don't recall it being messed up like this PS3 version is. Controls are a bit off and I've been stuck on objects/terrain quite a few times (usually during combat)

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

The getting stuck on objects/etc/clinging to things you don't want to first started with that game. It seems to have carried over into all games that came after it too sadly.

Thanks
    EP Points

I've only ever played the first game on 360.
    I didn't have much trouble with AC II (which I just finished), I played AC IV & Rogue a while back and they were fine. I don't even remember Revelations being as bad as this
    If I get around to finishing III then I think Brotherhood will be the only game I haven't played on PS3.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

I finished Rogue very recently, and AC IV within the past half year or so. I had just as much clinging to random objects/etc in them as I did in AC III honestly. As for Revelations.....well it came out before AC3 did so the changes to the series with those mechanics hadn't been implemented yet.

Thanks
    EP Points

It's not clinging that's the problem, it's getting stuck in places where you shouldn't.
    Like during combat: I've been "stuck" in/on stairs at least 3-4 times now. Can't move, and to add to the problem the combat indicators for the enemies don't work sometimes. A couple of times I've been on stairs and Connor is sort of levitating above them slightly. During combat this sucks as you move and "fall"...usually around the time at least one enemy decides to attack.

Several times I've climbed up to a sync point to find I can't actually reach the top unless I move all the way around the cross/weather vane looking for a spot where it will actually let me go up.

I think the only other game in the series I had issues with was Liberation HD, and they were specifically in the bayou swamp: getting stuck swimming in land terrain. I just treated it like a game glitch and reloaded.

I've played AC III on 360 and I don't remember problems like this.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Bugs tend to be a pretty random experience. I didn't have any trouble with Assy Creed but I was playing on PC.

Thanks
    EP Points

Chalk me up as another person who thinks that Circle of the Moon is really pretty good. It's not the best that the series has to offer by any means, but I feel like it stacking up unfavourably against stuff like Symphony of the Night makes people come down far too hard on it. Symphony of the Night is not only an exceptional entry in the series, but an exceptional entry in its genre, and one of the best and most celebrated games of its entire era. And Circle of the Moon is obviously going to be hard pressed to measure up to that. But taken on its own, I think it's a really neat little game that would be remembered as something of a cult classic if it weren't burdened with the weight of the Castlevania name. Have always been puzzled by all the hate it gets. Figured for a long time that it might just be nostalgia talking, but replayed it a year or two ago and still liked it. Different strokes for different folks, I guess~

Re: topic, currently playing a Korean fan translation of the Mario RPG for the SNES. I think this every time I look back to it, but what a great little game. Hardly feels as if it's aged at all, and both the script and the gameplay are still loads of fun. I'm not sure I've ever actually played it myself before, but I sat and watched my little brother play all of it over one summer however many years back, so it feels familiar to me, and holds lots of good memories. Feel like I'm really making progress with Korean, too, and combined with the relatively easy, younger audience orientated script, this might end up being the first game in Korean I actually play to completion instead of just dabbling for language practice. Of course I'm still getting my butt kicked (have to look up at least one word in most lines... :'D), but I feel like the language is starting to make sense to me in a way it didn't before, and provided I look up the words I don't know, I don't have much problem following the script. If language learning happens in RPG-esque levels, where you soldier on for a while with the same stats and no visible progress before suddenly levelling up and find that everything's changed (as I've often felt it does), then I think I just reached level two in Korean.

Quote Originally Posted by Tassadar View Post
    Use the Radio Free Zerg cheat if you haven't already.
    Apparently it only works during the final campaign of Brood War, so I just googled it instead. Oh god, what am I watching? And where did my clothes go?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Some of Oreshika's quirks are becoming fairly annoying. I clearly need a key I don't have to advance, but who knows where the eff it is? I think I need to try visiting a certain labyrinth at different times in the year.

I think I'm going to switch over to Akiba's Trip for a bit. Seems like a much shorter game anyway.