Page 270 of 410 FirstFirst ... 170220260265266267268269270271272273274275280320370 ... LastLast
Results 4,036 to 4,050 of 6148

Thread: What are you playing right now #2

Thanks
    EP Points

Call of Duty: Ghosts campaign mode on Veteran (PS4)

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Ikusagami View Post
    I'm regretting not playing Wild Arms 2 in Japanese. The localization, or rather lack thereof, is really starting to get to me. Most of it seems fine; average caliber, but when they start churning out ridiculously awkward conversations with nigh nonsensical responses, and a penchant for generally poor vocabulary choices in translation, it turns my stomach.
    It's pretty clear Wild Arms 2 had at least two translators, because almost half way through the game, the dialogue got less cringy-inducing. There were several cut scenes in a row that acutally made perfect sense, and there were even English colloquialisms used effectively. So I thought, "maybe I can actually start to enjoy the game without this feeling of dread for the next piece of dialogue now."
    ...and then a character literally ends a conversation with
    [remainder omitted]

Thanks
    EP Points

Playing Space Hulk (PC) and also have been playing a fair amount of Spelunky on Vita.
    I think Space Hulk is great - if you're a fan of the Warhammer 40K universe and like turn based games then this one is perfect for you. I actually own the original Space Hulk board game along with the Deathwing expansion, and have enjoyed it over the years. This PC version is a perfect recreation of the board game, and I believe it uses a revised rule set. My board game is like version 1.0 and a few things have changed since then

Spelunky is pure horror, in a good way. Game is balls hard, but very addicting and is best played in about 15 to 20 minute bursts (before you toss the Vita or a controller). It's definitely fun, but brutal at the same time.

Thanks
    EP Points

FC3 Blood Dragon. Lulzy tutorials all over the place. I could do without the hostage rescue bits though, forced stealth is not my thing.

And I'm tremendously impressed with the soundtrack, it sounds so genuinely 80s. They really nailed it. I could pretty much instantly make out The Thing and Terminator 2 in there, probably bits of Commando and Blade Runner as well.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    FC3 Blood Dragon. Lulzy tutorials all over the place. I could do without the hostage rescue bits though, forced stealth is not my thing.

And I'm tremendously impressed with the soundtrack, it sounds so genuinely 80s. They really nailed it. I could pretty much instantly make out The Thing and Terminator 2 in there, probably bits of Commando and Blade Runner as well.
    That game is loaded with 80's references, from music to everything else. I'm sure you know Michael Biehn in the main character, who was Reese in Terminator.

Blood Dragon is one of the best love letters to the 80's I've seen in quite some time.

Thanks
    EP Points

Because Gears of War PC is a buggy bitch who devoured my checkpoint save, I am now playing Lost Memory of Angel Frane. Thankfully, I retained more Japanese in my hiatus than I thought, and I'm already learning new vocab from it.

I love the feel of the game, as it plays just like oldschool Ys, and managing Frane's stats by feeding giving her feathers is a nice touch. . . like one of those electronic pets from the old days.
    ...except instead of a dog, it's a girl.
    --Always wanted my own angel...and Stockholm syndrome is a viable form of seduction, evidently.
    "You want your feathers back, Frane? What do I get in return? "
    But I digress. Nice game, but the first boss was a woeful disappointment. Hopefully the whole thing isn't that easy.

Shooting Sonic Booms and Flash Kicking Scrubs into submission
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,774 Times in 750 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Harukoi Otome

Very touching comedy/drama/romance VN

actually made my cry
    THE BEST METHOD to run PSX games (and everything else for that matter) is via Retroarch - http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/
    If you have any questions on how to set it up on Windows please feel free to ask, its very easy.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Assassin's Creed IV (PS4)
    Knack (PS4)

and Super Mario 3D World. (WiiU) And some games I'm downloading on steam currently at the moment. Can't wait till they're done downloading!

Oh, and some LoL and WoW.

Thanks
    EP Points

Started up NFS Hot Pursuit on the PS3 today, I'll probably continue playing that until the single player is 100%'d, I'd love to it again. I'll have to see how dead the online is I guess.

Thanks
    EP Points

Trying out that Walking Dead Telltale stuff. Not really getting into it though but I haven't played much lately for various reasons and think I just need something more action oriented before I attempt an adventure game. Maybe I'll just play it in small spurts until it grabs me

Thanks
    EP Points

It gets going in episoder 2, stick with it.

Thanks
    EP Points

I'm not sure if I love Demon's Souls or hate it, but I can't stop playing it. I don't remember the last time I could play a game for five hours straight, and I sure as hell don't usually sink 20 hours into a game with nothing resembling a plot. Considering I'm only a 1/4 into the game, I think 60-80 more hours may leave me regretting this in the end.

So far the difficulty in the stages I've played aren't too bad, because I get farther each time, and considering you keep the items and can get back those souls, it's easier than a Shemp. . . but some of the bosses are ludicrous. I had to cheat to beat the big flaming guy, and even with him stuck on the environment, it took minutes to wittle down his health. That crosses the line from brutal difficulty into outright stupidity.

Thanks

I tried out Metroid NES, but I failed miserably. Either I suck at NES games, or they're just damn hard. Or both. Nubs like me need save stations and in-game maps.

Thanks
    EP Points

I hurled my PS3 out the window of my third story apartment. It respawned at the TV, and I had to take it to the bloodstain in the street to get all my install and save data back.

If there are more levels as grueling as 4-2, the disc, and the system, might be seeing a "YOU DIED" screen.
    Finding a great farming spot and grinding for three hours usually makes a game EASIER, it isn't supposed to make it pin your head down from behind and whisper in your ear, "you'll always be my bitch."
    Seriously, this fucking game is going to give me post traumatic stress disorder.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Ikusagami View Post
    I hurled my PS3 out the window of my third story apartment. It respawned at the TV, and I had to take it to the bloodstain in the street to get all my install and save data back.

If there are more levels as grueling as 4-2, the disc, and the system, might be seeing a "YOU DIED" screen.
    Finding a great farming spot and grinding for three hours usually makes a game EASIER, it isn't supposed to make it pin your head down from behind and whisper in your ear, "you'll always be my bitch."
    Seriously, this fucking game is going to give me post traumatic stress disorder.
    Are you emo or just super dramatic? With deductive reasoning I'm assuming the game you're talking about is either Demons Souls or Dark Souls, but in your childish rage post you neglected to mention what game made you hypothetically toss your system out the window.

Oh yeah, and to stay on topic I'm still working on Ys Memories of Celceta (Vita). 25 hours in and my map says 65% complete..... Not sure where I stand in the grand scheme of things.
    Last edited by FlavaFlave; 29th-December-2013 at 07:34.