Page 205 of 410 FirstFirst ... 105155195200201202203204205206207208209210215255305 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,075 of 6148

Thread: What are you playing right now #2

Thanks

Resident Evil 6. I don't know if I really like it yet or not. It's pretty frustrating in parts and I swear the game doesnt want me to win. ever. I finished the Leon part, but don't know if i really wanna go back for more

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by RedEyedRanger View Post
    Resident Evil 6. I don't know if I really like it yet or not. It's pretty frustrating in parts and I swear the game doesnt want me to win. ever. I finished the Leon part, but don't know if i really wanna go back for more
    So the general consensus is that the controls are pretty shitty, or at least hit-and-miss.

How is the story? Comprehensible at least ?
    My gear:
    Spoiler warning:
    PC:
    Operating Systems: Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Linux Mint 15 (partition on main drive), Windows XP Profesional x64 (on separate drive)
    Mainboard: MSi 890 FXA-GD65
    Processor (CPU): AMD Phenom II X6 1100T, 3.3 GHz
    Graphics Card (GPU): HIS HD 6870 IceQ X TurboX 1GB GDDR5
    RAM: 8 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 594MHz (9-9-9-24)

Nintendo DS Lite:
    Acekard 2.1
    Samsung class 10 32GB MicroSDHC

Sony PSP-1000 (phat)
    6.39 PRO-C2 Custom Firmware
    PhotoFast CR-5400 MicroSD to MS Pro Duo Adapter Dual Slot
    Samsung class 10 32GB MicroSDHC
    SanDisk Ultra class 10 32GB MicroSDHC

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Alakazander View Post
    So the general consensus is that the controls are pretty shitty, or at least hit-and-miss.

How is the story? Comprehensible at least ?
    From what I've played, which is through Leon's campaign and the first few chapters of Chris', the controls are definitely hit or miss. They work, most of the time, but there are instances where you almost feel like you've lost control altogether. The story is fine, other than the fact that all the cinema action scenes are worse than a Michael Bay movie, and it's probably the best thing about the game.... but I'm a bit lost as to what's truly going on. Ada Wong is a big part, but to tell you the truth I really don't know that much about her from whatever previous game she was in (I'm not a RE junkie. I've casually played 1-3 - meaning never beaten them - and 4 and 5 I got into hardcore). Anyway, it's interesting enough for me to want to see how it plays out, so take that for what it's worth.

Now, my biggest issue with the game are the long, drawn out boss battles, and the puzzle sequences. The puzzles are flat out pointless and stupid and server as a filler to make the game longer. The Boss fights (I've been playing on Professional with a friend, so maybe it's just much harder), just seem to go on forever and get flat out boring. Near the end of the Leon campaign you fight this one jackass about 3 different times, all full-on fights, then yet another boss on top of that. Frankly it's boring, and I think it would do the RE brand some good if the next game was a total re-imagining of the series (new characters, everything).

So, I know I said before that I would give the game a 7/10. After spending time with the game, I'd give it a 6/10. It's not a "broken" game, and it's better than other stuff out there, but it's really just kinda "meh". Sorry that was so long, but hopefully that can help you a bit. Oh, before I forget Mercenaries mode is definitely fun though.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to FlavaFlave For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Pretty much what he said! I think the controls can be super stiff and i had a really really hard time with the rope climbing part near the end of act 1. I kept falling because the controls just didnt feel right at all. The story was ok, but it didn't hook me enough to really want to stick it out and see what happens. I really think i'm done with the game. I got pretty fed up with it last night and forced myself to finish the Leon campaign, and thats about all I can take. I'm not on Pro either, I put it one above normal, can't remember what they called it.

If you want my recommendation, I'd wait until it's $30 befor you take the plunge unless you're die hard fan. Obviously you aren't too die hard Alakazander otherwise you would have bought it by now regardless (right??), so since you've practiced restraint for this long, might as well wait for the price drop!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to RedEyedRanger For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

White Knight Chronicles, its a decent game. Although it would have been much better if the battle system was more fast paced, and the online was better. Can't wait until Ni no kuni comes out.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Golgo 13 View Post
    From what I've played, which is through Leon's campaign and the first few chapters of Chris', the controls are definitely hit or miss. They work, most of the time, but there are instances where you almost feel like you've lost control altogether. The story is fine, other than the fact that all the cinema action scenes are worse than a Michael Bay movie, and it's probably the best thing about the game.... but I'm a bit lost as to what's truly going on. Ada Wong is a big part, but to tell you the truth I really don't know that much about her from whatever previous game she was in (I'm not a RE junkie. I've casually played 1-3 - meaning never beaten them - and 4 and 5 I got into hardcore). Anyway, it's interesting enough for me to want to see how it plays out, so take that for what it's worth.

Now, my biggest issue with the game are the long, drawn out boss battles, and the puzzle sequences. The puzzles are flat out pointless and stupid and server as a filler to make the game longer. The Boss fights (I've been playing on Professional with a friend, so maybe it's just much harder), just seem to go on forever and get flat out boring. Near the end of the Leon campaign you fight this one jackass about 3 different times, all full-on fights, then yet another boss on top of that. Frankly it's boring, and I think it would do the RE brand some good if the next game was a total re-imagining of the series (new characters, everything).

So, I know I said before that I would give the game a 7/10. After spending time with the game, I'd give it a 6/10. It's not a "broken" game, and it's better than other stuff out there, but it's really just kinda "meh". Sorry that was so long, but hopefully that can help you a bit. Oh, before I forget Mercenaries mode is definitely fun though.
    Ada is in pretty much every game Leon is, and tends to help him out every time The only exception I can think of that Leon's in and she isn't is Gaiden... Of course things didn't end well for him in Gaiden

Also, quite a bit of story/background plot is in the files you get for destroying emblems, it seems. Just a heads up.

I also tend to agree with a bit of what Ray's said (those in the EP Monopoly Wars room probably know what I mean ). We've only played 2 scenarios (Leon and Chris) so far, but Leon's is thus far the best. It's the weakest in the main series (as I said, agreeing with Ray on that one. For me it's 2/3, REmake, CV (if we count it as part of the main), 0/4, 5, 6), but not a super horrible game like everybody would want you to believe (in my opinion, but then I'm one of the rare guys who liked the demo. And I tend to hate demos most of the time...). I was told (again, by Ray) that it's pretty much themed as well. Leon's is what RE is/Survival Horror type. Chris's is what it'd be if it were a military shooter. Jake's is what it'd be if it were like DMC. Can't confirm or deny the last bit, but I'd say that's an accurate description of the first two.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tanthias For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Ada is in pretty much every game Leon is, and tends to help him out every time The only exception I can think of that Leon's in and she isn't is Gaiden... Of course things didn't end well for him in Gaiden

Also, quite a bit of story/background plot is in the files you get for destroying emblems, it seems. Just a heads up.
    Yeah, I was kinda under the impression they were screwin' at some point, and I remember her being in 4 briefly, but in what capacity I couldn't tell you. I was more interested in killing shit As for RE2, I played it when it originally came out and really don't remember much of it at all.

Thanks for the heads up about the emblems. I've been shooting them, but didn't know they had files attached. Guessing they're in the extras menu or something??

Edit: On topic I booted up XCom again, only this time I'm trying it on classic difficulty and Iron Man for saving. It's pretty damn hard.
    Last edited by FlavaFlave; 19th-October-2012 at 02:21.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Golgo 13 View Post
    Yeah, I was kinda under the impression they were screwin' at some point, and I remember her being in 4 briefly, but in what capacity I couldn't tell you. I was more interested in killing shit As for RE2, I played it when it originally came out and really don't remember much of it at all.

Thanks for the heads up about the emblems. I've been shooting them, but didn't know they had files attached. Guessing they're in the extras menu or something??
    Yeah, in the main menu (not the one with extra content/the mode select (extra content, new game, continue, I think it is in that one?), the first one/title menu, I suppose I should've called it) under "Special Features". Each emblem is a file, and if you fill up a column or row, you get an action figure to stare at

Thanks

I need to get back to MGS.

Thanks

I finally am getting the chance to play Borderlands. I must say it's one of the best games I've ever played.

Thanks

Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time. On Hard Mode.
    This is going to be fun

Also, Pokémon Black 2.
    HP: 454 / 1816

Thanks
    EP Points

Might as well update my progress on SRW
    Just killed Bian, Which Marks about the halfway point of the game.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Started Dead Space 2 today. Just started Chapter 3 on Normal. Looks like I'm going to have to play through the game twice anyways, so might as well start out on a moderately easy difficulty for now.

Also, fuck instant-kill attacks. They are stoopid.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Drageuth View Post
    Started Dead Space 2 today. Just started Chapter 3 on Normal. Looks like I'm going to have to play through the game twice anyways, so might as well start out on a moderately easy difficulty for now.

Also, fuck instant-kill attacks. They are stoopid.
    Those crawl sequences are so purposeful .

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Thanks
    EP Points

Started playing Splatterhouse for 360. Surprisingly this is a pretty fun game. It's not the best out there by any means, but it was cheap and I'm a fan of the originals. Worth a try if you want something totally mindless and gory as hell.