Page 154 of 410 FirstFirst ... 54104144149150151152153154155156157158159164204254 ... LastLast
Results 2,296 to 2,310 of 6148

Thread: What are you playing right now #2

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Rasgrez View Post
    Minecraft for 360, with 4 other people.
    Oh god its on xbox now? I've got it on PC I do not want to buy it again

Thanks

Final Fantasy IV: The Complete Collection and Rocksmith

Thanks
    EP Points

A Korean PC RPG called Arcturus: The Curse and Loss of Divinity (playing in Japanese, mind, as my Korean is by no means up to the task~ :'D). It was developed in 2000, at the height of a short lived Korean single player RPG boom which was later killed off by rampant piracy, and it's obvious that a lot of work and a decent amount of money (by Korean RPG standards) went into its development. Its developer, Gravity, later got into MMOs, and developed the now famous (or infamous?) Ragnarok Online, which shares an engine and many assets with Arcturus.

I was really keen on playing the game back in the day, but my Japanese was never quite up to the task. And by the time my Japanese was good enough, it had sort of fallen off my radar. Really, really glad I got around to starting it, though. Because... like... wow. It lacks a bit of spit and polish, as most RPGs from places in Asia other than Japan do, but it more than makes up for it with great characters, an interesting world and a fabulous if horribly bleak story. Like... seriously, this is the darkest Asian RPG I've ever played by a long shot. The art style and opening acts of the game are deceptively cute and light-hearted, but by halfway through the first chapter, it has already started to slip into some seriously dark territory. And word is it gets even worse (better?) as it goes on. Eek. :'D It's really well-written, too! I don't know if that's a credit to the original Korean writer or Falcom's Japanese translator, but either way, the script reads really well, and there have been a good number of really memorable lines already.

Between its mixture of rotatable 3-D environments and 2-D sprites, its fairly heavy emphasis on religion and its willingness to throw in some... really quite disturbing plot points, it feels a lot like a spiritual successor to Xenogears in many ways. Would be very surprised if it wasn't influenced in some way by Square's game, given the respective timeframes involved. In any case, really, really impressed! With a bigger budget behind it, some better map designers (because oh god the overworld maps are bland, boring and needlessly huge), and a little more polish on the battle system (it shows potential, but it can be a bit glitchy and unpredictable at times compared to something similar like Grandia, and the difficulty fluctuates pretty wildly), I genuinely think this could compete with some of the best titles from Japan. Really hoping the story and characters remain as interesting as they have been so far.

Oh, and Sizz = cutest main character ever. <3 Such a shame that every other character is a massive jerk and appears to be scheming against him / taking advantage of him. :'D

Thanks
    EP Points

Let me guess, it has no English version. Curses.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Lyger View Post
    Dead or Alive Ultimate 2, man i hate games that require you to buy another game to unlock things
    Please tell me you're joking.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Playing a lot of Hexxagon on the arcade (even though i suck at it) for some reason. I'm at school with nothing to do, and using my emulators just kills my battery to quickly and i never bring a charger to school.

Thanks
    EP Points

I realized I've never actually beaten Zelda Ocarina of time so have been fiddling with that lately. Just beat the water temple, man that was a pain in the ass. Also never played Majoras Mask so I've got myself to the town and got to the point where I could save (getting the Ocarina back) and will leave it until Ocarina is done.

Also been thinking of doing an RE4 challenge of playing the game only with given weapons like the handgun, shotgun, broken butterfly, that one R. launcher you get in the castle and of course grenades. Don't know if I should include upgrades or the punisher that you get from shooting the targets. Maybe just the punisher and I'll leave upgrades alone. Wonder how much money I'll have at the end of the game. I'll attempt this on normal.

Still screwing around with Fable too.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    Let me guess, it has no English version. Curses.
    No, although I have tools to dump the script out of the game and reinsert an English one. They were released by Revolve Translations, who have had an on hold translation project for it for the last eight years or so. Could be something to consider translating somewhere down the line if I continue enjoying it and if we still can't get our Sakura Taisen thing going. Though so far there's a pretty hefty amount of text to get through. The English script files also don't behave perfectly when reinserted, lacking word wrap and the like, though it's quite possible that that could be fixed by using the Korean version of the game as a base, as Korean behaves a little more like English formatting-wise, with spaces between words and (I believe) proper line breaks.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Now that I'm done with Res Ev 5 Mercenaries for a bit I'm determining what to go back to or start.

Dragon Quest VIII - 5-7 hours in iirc. I've had to restart this game more than once because of save data issues.
    Growlanser 2 - Ending completion-ism, I think I have not seen only 1 or 2 endings at this point.
    Radiata Stories - Yet to start
    Eternal Poison - Yet to start
    GrimGrimoire - Started a long time ago, never finished, likely deleted the save data so I'd be starting over.

Decisions.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Starting Prince of Persia: Warrior Within (PS3) rrriiiiiggggghhhhtttt.... now.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Soul Nomad and the World Eaters.

Gig is now my favorite anything ever.

Thanks
    EP Points

Homefront and Dirt 3 on the Xbox 360.

On chapter 4 of Homefront, so nearly at the end. Short game is short.

82% career completion on Dirt 3, going to get 100% and then gold every DC event then probably trade the game in. No way I'm ever doing the DLC/online/platinums.

Thanks

MegaMan X5. new games suck.

Thanks

Right now im playing Turok 2 Seeds of Evil for PC.
    Ive looked earlier to see if anyone was playing on multiplayer, but no luck.
    Maybe later i can look later.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

im actually not playing anything. i've been on these forums for the past like 5 hours straight. im planning on playing some marioparty5, fire emblem path of radiance and final fantasy crystal chronicles (im kinda in a gamecube phase right now)