Thread: Problems with the gigaherz cdvd plugin. help please.

Thanks

As the topic title states, I am having difficulties getting the gigaherz cdvd plugin version 0.7.0 to function properly. when i click test, it fails, and obviously when I try to run a game it fails...

I have tried redownloading the plugin from two different sources, so i don't think the problem is the plugin itself, although I am open to any suggestions and advice.

Oh, and also the messages showing up in my output for the failed test is something like

CDVD Test: 1. Opening drive D failed.

it shows up 4 times... Not sure if this is relevant, just throwing it out there. again, any help is really appreciated.

Thanks
    EP Points

Update to 0.8.0 version, and which version of PCSX2 are you using?

Using an ISO or DVD? Have you selected the right drive letter for the game?

Try running the game using the Internal ISO Loader, or Linuz ISO CDVD plugin.

It's not where you are, but where you've been that matters
    Thanks

Try:

For DVDs: Peops
    For ISOs: Linuzappz

Thanks

i am running version 0.9.6 for the emu, i am using an iso. i selected the right letter in configuration for gigaherz.

when i try to configure linuz's plugin i have no clue what i am doingg. when i run linuz's plugin and go to play a game it asks me to open a file... and i am not sure what file i should be opening.

Thanks
    EP Points

After selecting your Cdvdrom as the Linuz ISO, click the Configure button.
    a small new window should pop out, click the 'Select ISO' button, choose your game, and click Ok.

Then just run the game normally, File -> Run CD/DVD or Run -> Execute.
    If you still can't run the game, I suggest use the latest Beta, which has the Internal ISO Loader.

Thanks
    EP Points

First of all, don't use 0.9.6, it's ancient and too old at this point. While it does have some purposes for SOME games it's best for you to just update to the most recent revision.

After that, as people already mentioned, you will have to use Linuz ISO in the way they described it. There should be no problems at all for you when doing this. Even 0.9.6 works this way.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,387 Times in 124 Posts
    EP Points

Probably your graphics card isn't compatible cause the gigaherz plugin hates my desktop, but works fine in my laptop for that very reason. Also I assume your mounting your image to drive D? In any case mounting has some probs depending what the image's being mounted w/, but just use Linuz ISO as everyone states or your compatibility will suck when compared w/ most of the other plugins. Also try the ZeroGS plugins as the CDVD plugin if you hate dealing w/ your PC's graphics card or if Linuz ISO isn't compatible(won't work for every game, but it's usually compatible on most PCs via Athlon II GCard among other specs) .
    Last edited by Destrudo; 23rd-January-2011 at 19:53.
    My inbox IS NOT A REQUEST BOX , if you want to make requests maybe do it here? Someone w/ working links might help you there (I don't do requests obviously, however, feel free to let me know if a DLC file doesn't work* and needs an update ) *ex:"container error"

How to use DLC files? Use Jdownloader
    Still looking for PS2 undubs by any chance? Try searching "PS2 undub project 2.6" @ google, it's hard to miss and you can maybe find most of em in a single search/post .

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Destrudo View Post
    Probably your graphics card isn't compatible cause the gigaherz plugin hates my desktop, but works fine in my laptop for that very reason. Also I assume your mounting your image to drive D? In any case mounting has some probs depending what the image's being mounted w/, but just use Linuz ISO as everyone states or your compatibility will suck when compared w/ most of the other plugins. Also try the ZeroGS plugins as the CDVD plugin if you hate dealing w/ your PC's graphics card or if Linuz ISO isn't compatible(won't work for every game, but it's usually compatible on most PCs via Athlon II GCard among other specs) .
    Just to clarify, ZeroGS is a graphic plugins, not one of the CDVD Plugins, unless you mistyped up there.
    and the Linuz ISO(as well other CDVD plugins) isn't related to any graphic function in the PCSX2.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,387 Times in 124 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by meganova View Post
    Just to clarify, ZeroGS is a graphic plugins, not one of the CDVD Plugins, unless you mistyped up there.
    and the Linuz ISO(as well other CDVD plugins) isn't related to any graphic function in the PCSX2.
    Oh yeah, I meant as a graphics plugin your right my bad lol, but I stated he should use Linuz ISO CDVD plugin as well as ZeroGS which was meant for the graphics plugin (wrong for that I admit ). I haven't used this in a long time, but I also said the graphics card in his PC probably isn't compatible w/ the graphics plugin he's using (mixed the 2 up I know lol) which led to me me reccommending ZeroGS as the graphics plugin and to use Linuz ISO as the CDVD plugin. My mix up in plugins really wouldn't even matter in the long run cause he'd just paste it all in the "plug-ins" folder and it all end up in the correct locations anyway .
    Last edited by Destrudo; 24th-January-2011 at 00:10.
    My inbox IS NOT A REQUEST BOX , if you want to make requests maybe do it here? Someone w/ working links might help you there (I don't do requests obviously, however, feel free to let me know if a DLC file doesn't work* and needs an update ) *ex:"container error"

How to use DLC files? Use Jdownloader
    Still looking for PS2 undubs by any chance? Try searching "PS2 undub project 2.6" @ google, it's hard to miss and you can maybe find most of em in a single search/post .