Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy XIII-2 ~

Thanks

Default Final Fantasy XIII-2 ~

Trailer:
    WARNING: This is a pretty big spoiler for those whom still haven't finished FFXIII!

Thoughts? I personally am looking much more forward to versus XIII than this, but.. This does catch my attention.. Certainly looks like some interesting stuff happened after the end of XIII.
    Last edited by Krisan Thyme; 21st-January-2011 at 03:53.

Thanks

Wow, a sequel to arguably the most hated Final Fantasy in the series? Not the way i would go, Enix.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Quiji View Post
    Wow, a sequel to arguably the most hated Final Fantasy in the series? Not the way i would go, Enix.
    Ill be paying for this.
    om nom

Thanks

I hope they go the same way as Final Fantasy X-2, with crazy dancing girls. Huge success. Amazing.

Meh...
    _______________________________ ____________________

Thanks

Personally, I want it. XIII wasn't the best game ever I know, but I did enjoy it for what it was.. And from the looks of this trailer? Seems like some interesting crap happened after the ending.. (Besides, anyone in the retro crowd already knows what fun I've been having with XIII lately.. I intend to have just as much fun with this game..)

Thanks

Too bad I can't actually watch the trailer yet. Oh well, and I didn't mean I personally didn't like FFXIII, just as a general populace. But I know how mad people get at generalities.

Thanks

Too bad I can't actually watch the trailer yet. Oh well, and I didn't mean I personally didn't like FFXIII, just as a general populace. But I know how mad people get at generalities.
    Oh I know.. I thought XIII had a pretty solid battle-system though myself.. It was a lot more fun to me than a lot of the previous battle-systems anyway, and required a certain degree of strategy and skill toward the latter part of the game. It definitely wasn't a perfect game, but it was certainly a gorgeous game, and a fun enough one for me I thought.

Thanks

Few sequels make the steep enough departure that this games needs from XIII for it to warrant a purchase from myself.

Thanks
    EP Points

for most people, final fantasy x-2 was a disapointment. idk maybe they went backwards this time, made 13 crappy but made the sequal better, but from what i have seen, they never make sequals as great as the first one. persona 3 and 4 dont count! lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by garrendesares View Post
    for most people, final fantasy x-2 was a disapointment. idk maybe they went backwards this time, made 13 crappy but made the sequal better, but from what i have seen, they never make sequals as great as the first one. persona 3 and 4 dont count! lol
    Persona 2: IS > Persona (God how I loved Innocent Sin..)

But I dunno, I'll never understand all the XIII hate really.. It wasn't perfect or extraordinary, but it was a solid game I thought. Regardless of what XIII was though, XIII-2 could be damn near anything else, so we'll just have to wait and see.. Story-wise though, I'm very curious what happened here.. Seems like this game is going in a very different direction from XIII in regards to the plot.

Thanks
    EP Points

lol, i was going to get aigoto for the psp but i decided that my pokemon was worth more lol.

Thanks

What's this? I don't even...

I've said it before, "FFXIII was good in it's own right, but it just wasn't 'Final Fantasy' to me." So yeah, I'll probably check this out when it comes out.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Krisan Thyme View Post
    Persona 2: IS > Persona (God how I loved Innocent Sin..)

But I dunno, I'll never understand all the XIII hate really.. It wasn't perfect or extraordinary, but it was a solid game I thought. Regardless of what XIII was though, XIII-2 could be damn near anything else, so we'll just have to wait and see.. Story-wise though, I'm very curious what happened here.. Seems like this game is going in a very different direction from XIII in regards to the plot.
    If it wasn't branded with Final Fantasy, especially after XII, people wouldn't hate it. XIII was an experiment. It's obviously different from any game in existence in every aspect, and people hate change in a generally pretty conservative series. I was actually surprised people loved XII (but seriously, how could you hate it?). Everyone will admit, the production quality is amazing. It has some good mythology, and the characters, except for Vanille and Snow... and Hope, are pretty good. Story is a little weird to some, but I guess that's why they're making a sequel.

The main sticking point is the linearity and combat. This is one of the most linear 'RPG', if you even call it that, in existence. The combat is pretty obvious, you only control one character, like XII, but it has a much worse AI system compared to Gambits of XII. And since you can basically blindly use auto, while occasionally switching Paradigms, it often referred as simplistic. Not the system it runs on, but the user interaction.

IMO, Enix really should of just named it something else, you wouldn't even know any difference since barely any of the recurring monsters make an appearance in this game (behemoth? That's all I can think of). The mythology it created is so different from any other Final Fantasy, basically the main point is that it's different. Name it something else, no one cares, brand it with Final Fantasy, everyone rages.

Thanks

IMO, Enix really should of just named it something else, you wouldn't even know any difference since barely any of the recurring monsters make an appearance in this game (behemoth? That's all I can think of). The mythology it created is so different from any other Final Fantasy, basically the main point is that it's different. Name it something else, no one cares, brand it with Final Fantasy, everyone rages.
    There are actually quite a few FF creatures in the game. Behemoth, Cactaur, Tonberry, Bombs, Flans, Sahagin, Goblins (Albeit they looked nothing like any traditional FF Goblin), Ochu, Chocobo, and.. Probably more. The Eidolons are also based off FF summons, Odin, Shiva, Alexander, Bahamut.. And of course the whole crystal theme, not to mention all the spells themselves.

There are a lot more FF references in this game than people seem to want to notice.. Mind you, I don't so much disagree with what else you were trying to say there, I just think this game was as much an FF as any other. It WAS different though, and definitely an experiment, but every FF in some respect or another is different anyway.. I tend to take every installment in the series on its own, and I think that's what most people should try and do.

Thanks

Most of the spells are in most RPGs, but I will admit I forgot the Eidolons.