Thread: epsxe help

gotenks_2322 Guest

Default epsxe help

i have been trying to play bloody roar 2 on epsxe. i just started using epsxe and i am still in awe over the graphics compared to vgs.
    well neways, it runs super slow, i was wondering if there is a faster plugin, or a way to change the resolution of the window the game uses.
    i use petes plugin d3d.
    my comp isnt that great so if i cant find a way to get it to work ill understand
    i have a p3, 650 mhz
    96 mb ram.

Zerostrike Guest

I think it's your RAM, but I need to know what your graphics card is. If you can, UPGRADE YOUR RAM! 96 megs ain't enough to run a highend emu like ePSXe with a good speed.

�Fury_Within� Guest

What kind of Graphics card do you have? Different plugins work better with different cards.

Thanks
    EP Points

You computer is good enough, not only for PSX but N64 emulation as well. Your ram, etc. is fine. You need a better GFX card (I bet you do!)
    My Geforce3 runs epsxe at a minimum of 127fps on my Pentium 2 450Mhz with 196MB RAM. So it's nothing to do with ram or processor power in gotenks case.
    Just tell us your video card.

gotenks_2322 Guest

HAHAHA!!! lol masj , i knew u were gonna brag bout your geforce lmao. i was at the chat when u were playin with it.yea. i would have to say its my vid card. ill be gettin a better one soon. as of now the card i have only has 5 mb ram =/
    but i can run vgs with no speed problems at all!?!?! then again on epsxe the graphics are superb�ѧ+~�

Zerostrike Guest

I really would upgrade your RAM and graphics card. VGS would run fine, but I don't think ePSXe would. I have 190 megs myself. And Intel made bulit-in graphics.

gotenks_2322 Guest

ill be gettin a new vid card soon. but till then, i found out how to make th ewindow smaller, and it runs just fine.