Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy VIII (E)

Thanks

Good day!

I tried searching for the forums for a solution to my problem, but I can't find any. I do apologize if this was already asked and answered.

I downloaded all discs of Final Fantasy VIII (E). Whenever I try to run the first disc of the game on EPSXE 1.7, all I see is a black screen and nothing more. What can I do to resolve this issue?

Thanks in advance for the reply/replies.

Still no reply. How disappointing. Moreover, some super moderator even closed my other thread where people can notice my issue. That super moderator failed to help me as well.
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 9th-January-2011 at 01:30.

Thanks
    EP Points

I'm guessing the game is extracted already?

what's the file type? like .bin?

How long did you wait with the black screen?

And your other one was closed because there is no need for 2 threads on the same subject. There's really no difference in where one will be seen better.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

That Super Mod did what he has to do, having more than one thread asking the same isn't allowed and it's this thread the one that's in the right area of the forums. We read every thread and we try to help whenever we can, so you have to be patient too and wait at least 3 days before bumping a thread if you got no reply.

The PAL version of FF VIII is copy protected, in order to bypass that black screen you have to patch the image files with the copy protection patch. There are different patches depending on the version of the game (german, spanish...).
    Megagames used to have all the patches available for download.

Thanks
    EP Points

another way you could do it is just by downloading the NTSC-U version no copy protection
    Last edited by Bennieboi20; 8th-January-2011 at 13:23. Reason: typo

Thanks

Ok, no idea with that copy protection thing so I'll just download the NSTC-U thing. Is the game still in English, though? Thanks again in advance for the reply.

To add, I got replies after my 2nd comment here. Wonder why I have to do that before I get replies regarding my issue.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by mmysterymann View Post
    To add, I got replies after my 2nd comment here. Wonder why I have to do that before I get replies regarding my issue.
    Since you questioned a staff member for doing his job I posted to state that he did a good job and to remind everyone how being patient is the way to go when asking for help.
    For future reference, if you can't be patient enough to get a reply, google yourself a solution, nothing is faster than that

Thanks
    EP Points

yes the game is still in english its the american version just download that and it will run fine and also i agree with cookie on this one you just have to be paitent people do reply if its not after 3-4 days then bump it you have to remember the staff here are very busy they are still recovering from a massive data loss so just be patient

Thanks

Uhm, okay, I have no idea that there was a massive data loss and I do apologize for my behavior. Sorry. Was this announced anyway? Because I did not know.

Anyways, thanks for the replies. I'll download the NTSC-U version. But, please do check that Final Fantasy VIII [E] downloads, they aren't working, all discs.
    Last edited by mmysterymann; 9th-January-2011 at 05:17.

Thanks
    EP Points

yeah it was announced on the main site facebook and the forums , and the download does work but as i said its copy protected you need a patch to play it but they arent widely avaliable nowadays, its the way the game was programed the developers added a bit of protection so that the game couldnt be copied and burned to disc it comes up with the black screen that you described.

Thanks

I've been having the same problem with the NTSC of FFVII.
    Can't find any of patch either.

Thanks

Try downloading Final Fantasy VII [E]. It works. Just finished it that's why I'm downloading Final Fantasy VIII now.

Thanks

I also tried to run the final fantasy VII (NTSC-U) but unsuccessfully. If someone have a idea , I will be wait this answer.

Thanks
    EP Points

thats strange i have never had any problems playing NTSC-U versions can you play any other games? if so what

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bennieboi20 View Post
    thats strange i have never had any problems playing NTSC-U versions can you play any other games? if so what
    Yes, I can run several other games, I use the epsxe 1.7 It works normally files ISO,BIN or IMG, but I can't read FF7 (containing only CUE and ECM files).

Thanks
    EP Points

You have to extract the image file using ECM Tools. The emulator won't run the ecm file.
    You have the details in the dl page, just scroll down:
    http://www.emuparadise.org/Sony_Play...c1of3%5D/36908

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Cookie Monster For This Useful Post: