Thread: RPG Maker 2000 help

spyderbyte Guest

Default RPG Maker 2000 help

Hi! Sorry to be a bother.

Are there any RPG maker pros here? Or anyone that is good at the game and know's how to do stuff in it?

If you are a seasoned pro, please reply here telling me. Cuz I need lots of help in it.

I will post my questions when at least 1 pro of RPG maker replies.

Or If you want, just post helpfull hints. This thread could end up helping alot of people in RPG maker 2000!

And for all the people who will reply I thank you in advance!

Thanks

what do you want to know?
    I'm just a lurker these days, I feel like an 80 year old gramps, watching his grand children play outside *sigh*

spyderbyte Guest

Is there a way to make Text slowly rise from the bottom of the screen? Kind of like the end creditds of the movie?

If you know....how do you do it?

RaNDOM Guest

try doing this:

make the end credits movie with a different program (several different programs make simple movies), save the movie in your movies folder in the RTP directory. At the place where you want the end credits to role, insert an event that plays that movie. You'll have to play with what settings you want that will cause the event to happen, but that should work.

�Fury_Within� Guest

Ther's a program called MGI Video editing that can do lots of effects like that. You can probably find it on Morpheus if you look.

spyderbyte Guest

No, No. I didnt ask this because I wanted to make some credits (Im not even 0.00003% done my game).

I want to start of my game with kinda of a short story that explains thing so you have a better understanding of the plot! So I was wondering if it was possible In the RPG MAker 2000 program, that you can make regular text slowly move from the bottom of the screen.

Thanks

nope, sorry. don't know that. Try some tutorials, or Don's site. I really don't know much of it...just the most basic things...
    I'm just a lurker these days, I feel like an 80 year old gramps, watching his grand children play outside *sigh*