Thread: PS3 Jailbreak USB Stick Not Recognized

Thanks

Default PS3 Jailbreak USB Stick Not Recognized

So I buy a PS3 and I try plugging the Jailbreak Stick which allows games that are downloaded into an external hard drive to be run on the console into the USB port. But when I switch on the console, it says: "An unknown USB device is connected to the port." And because of this, the Jailbreak's software will not run, what could be causing this problem?

Thanks
    EP Points

im pretty sure sony disabled it

First Interview.... sees the couch
    Hello, i am the casting Couch. you have probably seen me in locations that you can ether not tell anyone, or places you wish you never visited if you know what i mean

Thanks
    EP Points

Have you connected to PSN? If so, you're SOL unless you get one of the downgrade things or whatnot. Or wait till the non-USB thing is in a format that's actually helpful to random pirate without any technical knowledge.

Thanks
    EP Points

You need to have the 3.41 firmware if not then youre screwed by having the stick since its more or less useless now. If youre still on 3.41 and have a slim PS3, unplug the cable at the back, plug it back in (while your jailbreakkey connected) then press power and after that right away the eject button with no game disc in it. If youre on 3.55, send back your stick demand your money back and download 3.55 CFW.
    I am so ninja, I fart in your cereal while you are still eating it.

Hax'd:
    PS3 Slim OFW
    PS4 OFW
    Nintendo Wii U 32GB Black Premium

Thanks

I followed your procedure and the jailbreak loaded. The problem is, I get an error that says: "An error occurred during the start up operation (80028F14)" when I try to play the games from the external hard drive.

Thanks
    EP Points

google playstation error code translation

First Interview.... sees the couch
    Hello, i am the casting Couch. you have probably seen me in locations that you can ether not tell anyone, or places you wish you never visited if you know what i mean

Thanks
    EP Points

the unknown usb is because you didnt reset from the back switch, you have to do that every time. the error code is either 1. you need to insert a game disc, or 2. because you took out the jailbreak device. it has to be plugged in for backup managers to work
    Last edited by pSydeFX; 15th-January-2011 at 05:54.

Thanks

No, I could not load the games because I was clicking on the wrong folder. I clicked on apps/PS3_GAMES which is not the correct folder to access. When I accessed the backup manager folder, that was the directory that displayed the list of games. I then clicked on one of the games and it ran successfully so the problem is over.

Thanks
    EP Points

So whoever helped you solved the problem would deserve a +rep. DUnno who it is just read the last post.
    I am so ninja, I fart in your cereal while you are still eating it.

Hax'd:
    PS3 Slim OFW
    PS4 OFW
    Nintendo Wii U 32GB Black Premium

Thanks

Well, I discovered how to run the games from the backup manager by pressing the button accidentally.