Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: PS3 Modding Discussion (Jailbreak, CFW, etc.)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbred Chaos View Post
    I understand. I didn't really read some posts I should've, I was unaware there was a workaround for getting on PSN, which is what I was going for.

However, I can't seem to install any .pkg anymore..
    Well, if you're still on the OFW 3.55 then just install the CFW. If you went to 3.56, well... I'm sorry but you're screwed until someone comes out with a CFW for that version.

Thanks
    EP Points

so im not a regular follower of the jailbreaking community but a recent google search today reveals this.... sony retweets ps3 jail break code how dumb can you get

EDIT: http://twitpic.com/3xwe6h lol....
    *Computer Specs*
    Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
    Processor: AMD FX 8350 Processor (8 CPUs), ~4.1GHz
    Memory: 16GB RAM
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R9 8GB GDDR5

If You Find My Help Useful In Any Way Please Click Thanks.
    Bennieboi's Question Of The Day (now defunct)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

That's not Sony but the marketing group behind the Butler twitter page.

Thanks

Yeah, I was following him (the marketing team) when they retweeted that code. I didn't think anything of it at the time, but now that I see what it is. Damn.

Thanks
    EP Points

Figured I would share this. Cant believe Sony is going this route.

Sony is threatening to sue anybody posting or “distributing” the first full-fledged jailbreak code for the 4-year-old PlayStation 3 gaming console.

What’s more, the company is demanding that a federal judge order Google to surrender the IP addresses and other identifying information (PDF) of those who have viewed or commented about the jailbreak video on a private YouTube page. The game maker is also demanding that Twitter provide the identities of a host of hackers who first unveiled a limited version of the hack in December.

Sony’s aggressive pretrial discovery demands come in its lawsuit against George Hotz. The 21-year-old New Jersey hacker, who is well known in the jailbreaking community, published the finished PlayStation 3 code and a how-to YouTube video last month. The code allows the Playstation 3 to play pirated and homebrewed games.

Sony wants the information “to determine the identities of third parties hosting and distributing the circumvention devices” so Sony can send them a DMCA notice to remove the material “and, if necessary, seek appropriate relief from this court.” (PDF)

“The discovery they call for in my opinion is overbroad,” Hotz’ attorney, Stewart Kellar, said in a telephone interview.

Sony declined comment.

A hearing is tentatively set for Wednesday. Sony filed its documents about 7:30pm PST on Friday.

US District Judge Susan Illston ordered Hotz to remove the YouTube video and the code from his personal website—orders to which Hotz complied with last week. Ahead of an unscheduled trial in which Sony is seeking unspecified damages from Hotz, Illston had concluded that Hotz likely breached the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. He did so by publishing or "distributing" a hack designed to circumvent software meant to protect copyrighted material, the judge said.

Hotz, by order of Illston, is also scheduled to surrender his computer gear to Sony by Thursday. Kellar is trying to convince Judge Illston to back away from allowing Sony to examine his drives and other devices.

Sony is also trying to haul the so-called “failOverflow hacking team” into court. But first, Sony needs to learn the identities and whereabouts of the group’s members. They are accused of posting a rudimentary hack in December. It was refined by Hotz weeks later when he accessed the console’s so-called “metldr keys,” or root keys that trick the system into running unauthorized programs

Toward getting the FailOverflow defendants to appear into court, Sony is demanding that Twitter divulge the personal account information (PDF) behind the usernames of @KaKaRoToKS, @gnihsub, @pytey, @bl4sty, @marcan42 and @failOverflow.

Sony claims the hacks will eat into game sales for the 41 million PS3 units sold.

The DMCA makes it either a civil or criminal offense to traffic in wares meant to circumvent devices protecting copyrighted works. Ironically, performing a similar hack on a mobile phone is lawful.

Last summer, the US Copyright Office exempted cell phone jailbreaking from being covered by the DMCA. The decision means consumers may run the apps of their choice on mobile phones without fear of being civilly or criminally liable for a DMCA breach.

Download Links:
    Links are hidden from guests. Please register to be able to view these links.

Thanks

I commented on a bunch of posts about the hacks. Well, better go find a lawyer.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Heh, another one... First Microsoft, now - Sony.

Thanks
    EP Points

Sony are now banning PSN ID's that have been in contact with CFW.

This is the warning you receive:

Important: Access to the PlayStation(R)Network and Access to Qriocity(TM) Services Notice

Unauthorized circumvention devices for PlayStation(R)3 system have been recently released by hackers for the PlayStation(R)3 system. These devices permit the use of unauthorized or pirated software.

Use of such devices or software violates the terms of your “System Software License Agreement for the PlayStation(R)3 System” and the “Terms of Services and User Agreement” for the PlayStation(R)Network/Qriocity(TM) and its Community Code of Conduct provisions. In addition, copying or playing pirated software is a violation of International Copyright Laws.

A circumvention device and/or unauthorized or pirated software currently resides on your PlayStation(R)3 system.

Immediately cease use and remove all circumvention devices and delete all unauthorized or pirated software from your PlayStation(R)3 system. Failure to do so will result in termination of your access to PlayStation(R) Network and access to Qriocity(TM) services through your PlayStation(R)3 system.

Thanks
    EP Points

Sounds like if you take off the hack, you can get back in

Thanks

From what I read so far, they're only banning the usernames and not the console from PSN. They're also sending out emails to people that were caught with the CFW. So you can either get rid of the hack before going back online or just not go online at all. Fortunately for me, I rarely go online. Only when I want to purchase something or update my trophies.

Thanks
    EP Points

They didnt give me a chance, got a mail to one of my accounts also they dont ban your username, thats bullshit. They ban your PS3 system, since I couldnt get on any of my accounts after the instant permaban.
    I am so ninja, I fart in your cereal while you are still eating it.

Hax'd:
    PS3 Slim OFW
    PS4 OFW
    Nintendo Wii U 32GB Black Premium

Thanks
    EP Points

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno. View Post
    ps3hax.net had it first though
    I am so ninja, I fart in your cereal while you are still eating it.

Hax'd:
    PS3 Slim OFW
    PS4 OFW
    Nintendo Wii U 32GB Black Premium

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Rage View Post
    ps3hax.net had it first though
    Oh. I feel better already.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Rage View Post
    They didnt give me a chance, got a mail to one of my accounts also they dont ban your username, thats bullshit. They ban your PS3 system, since I couldnt get on any of my accounts after the instant permaban.
    It's their network and it's free, they can do whatever they please. I don't honestly understand how anyone can hack their PS3 and then think they should have access to the PSN.

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.