Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: PS3 Modding Discussion (Jailbreak, CFW, etc.)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rage View Post
    It will run without dongle, my PS3Key is pretty much useless now.
    Let me know if you get a PS3 game running and how you do it. I'm right now following flukes1 on mIRC and so far I haven't heard anything yet.

Thanks
    EP Points

Basically this http://psx-scene.com/forums/666609-post1853.html

, Im making pkg to test different games and was stupid enough to transfer a game to my ps3 which is taking its sweet ass time. SO when that one is done Ill install the packages and you'll hear from me.
    I am so ninja, I fart in your cereal while you are still eating it.

Hax'd:
    PS3 Slim OFW
    PS4 OFW
    Nintendo Wii U 32GB Black Premium

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rage View Post
    Basically this http://psx-scene.com/forums/666609-post1853.html

, Im making pkg to test different games and was stupid enough to transfer a game to my ps3 which is taking its sweet ass time. SO when that one is done Ill install the packages and you'll hear from me.
    Yeah, I just read that whole thing. Didn't know we needed to use a hex editor in order to get the games running on the PS3. I thought it would be as simple as opening up a backup manager and running the games through that. Just like the Wii.

Thanks
    EP Points

Sadly no, but once you know how to do it its rather easy.

Hax'd:
    PS3 Slim OFW
    PS4 OFW

Thanks
    EP Points

Sony are suing Geohot.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno. View Post
    Sony are suing Geohot.
    Yep, and some other hackers too. First off, the judge won't let this go through because jailbreaking is technically legal in the US. That's why Apple isn't suing anyone themselves. And let's say that, for some stupid reason, the judge does let this through. Sony won't win because there isn't any kind of copyright infringement. GeoHot blocked off anything that has to do with backups and wasn't making a profit off of the CFW.

Thanks

Personally hoping for a good emulator programs out of this. Namely PSX/2/Arcade. That and a good offline cheat program like gameshark ect.

Very interesting keeping up with multiple peoples projects on this. Seems like if everyone can get it to work solidly PS3 will have an amazing homebrew scene.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Valkerion View Post
    Personally hoping for a good emulator programs out of this. Namely PSX/2/Arcade. That and a good offline cheat program like gameshark ect.

Very interesting keeping up with multiple peoples projects on this. Seems like if everyone can get it to work solidly PS3 will have an amazing homebrew scene.
    I highly doubt PS2 would be emulateable on a PS3 if they were to port a Windows emulator over or something, 512MB RAM is probably not enough IMO.

If they were to some how get the older PS3's PS2 emulator working on all PS3s I guess. But I think N64/Dreamcast/Saturn and below is more feasible.

Thanks

I highly doubt PS2 would be emulateable on a PS3 if they were to port a Windows emulator over or something, 512MB RAM is probably not enough IMO.

If they were to some how get the older PS3's PS2 emulator working on all PS3s I guess. But I think N64/Dreamcast/Saturn and below is more feasible.
    Aaaawwww I really want a Dreamcast emulator. There's already talks of Dolphin doing a Gamecube/Wii emulator for the PS3. I can understand a Gamecube emu, but a Wii??? Goddamn they got some high hopes.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by ch13696 View Post
    Aaaawwww I really want a Dreamcast emulator. There's already talks of Dolphin doing a Gamecube/Wii emulator for the PS3. I can understand a Gamecube emu, but a Wii??? Goddamn they got some high hopes.
    The Wii is basically the same as the GC with a different controller, Dolphin can play both pretty well, so if it's ported that'd be great.

Thanks

The Wii is basically the same as the GC with a different controller, Dolphin can play both pretty well, so if it's ported that'd be great.
    Oh. Well, that I didn't know. I guess that's why they did 2 different version of Twilight Princess.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by ch13696 View Post
    Yep, and some other hackers too. First off, the judge won't let this go through because jailbreaking is technically legal in the US. That's why Apple isn't suing anyone themselves. And let's say that, for some stupid reason, the judge does let this through. Sony won't win because there isn't any kind of copyright infringement. GeoHot blocked off anything that has to do with backups and wasn't making a profit off of the CFW.
    Copyright infringement without profit is never illegal, but it is grounds for a lawsuit. And the ruling in a single case is in no way definitive. It only sets a precedent that most judges will follow, but that decision is up to the judge.

Thanks
    EP Points

I find it funny Sony are suing yet MS never did anything about all the 360 modifications other than try and patch them out?

Thanks
    EP Points

I find it funny Sony are suing yet MS never did anything about all the 360 modifications other than try and patch them out?
    And they took your Gamerscore

Thanks
    EP Points

at work atm but yesterday I tried the Castlevania HDD thing and it worked, made some pkgs for other games, which didnt work im pretty sure Im doing something wrong but I dont know what.

I tried BlazBlue which wants to go to an update but freezes, SOnic gives only black screen and same for Gran Turismo. I honestly prefer the backup managers again since they did work were easier and didnt force me to fuck around.

Hax'd:
    PS3 Slim OFW
    PS4 OFW