Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: PS3 Modding Discussion (Jailbreak, CFW, etc.)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pendragoon View Post
    Homebrew is here, but just the basics right now. (NES, SNES, GBA...)

And someone has found a way to patch retail games to run as a PSN game using Gehot's firmware, so backups are here as well. (but it is tricky to get working for now) Looks like EP will need to add a PS3 section to it's user uploads section very soon.
    ive already seen sections for ps3 games on other forums and i agree looks like we will soon have a new ps3 games section.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,309 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Pendragoon View Post
    Looks like EP will need to add a PS3 section to it's user uploads section very soon.
    I think there was a small one started just before the rollback
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks
    EP Points

Im trying to get on Geohot's firmware but the piece of shit doesnt work, after copying the files system goes black beeps 3 times and then shuts off.

Ive tried asking the guys at PSgroove but their giving dick responses going "It works for me" "lol my ps3 is captin black beard."

Totally not supportive, reminds me of the PSP days where I went mental and made my own tutorial of CFWing the PSP.

If anyone here hqappens to know what the cause might be, I have a old fatass PS3 20GB version that has become a 320GB I didnt had problems when I installed KaKaRoTo's CFW.

That EvilNAT guy's CFW is that functional like that of Geohot aswell or just KaKaRoTo?

Bump!

Well thanks for the support *sarcasm*

Anyway there seems to be a new CFW out there that supports peek n poke, yes the syscall thingy. http://psx-scene.com/forums/f6/ps3-3...ow-work-75196/

Probably needs replacing the correct syscalls on the managers first since I remember they were around 26 or so. While these one are 6 and 7.
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 10th-January-2011 at 17:36.
    I am so ninja, I fart in your cereal while you are still eating it.

Hax'd:
    PS3 Slim OFW
    PS4 OFW
    Nintendo Wii U 32GB Black Premium

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rage View Post
    Im trying to get on Geohot's firmware but the piece of shit doesnt work, after copying the files system goes black beeps 3 times and then shuts off.

Ive tried asking the guys at PSgroove but their giving dick responses going "It works for me" "lol my ps3 is captin black beard."

Totally not supportive, reminds me of the PSP days where I went mental and made my own tutorial of CFWing the PSP.

If anyone here hqappens to know what the cause might be, I have a old fatass PS3 20GB version that has become a 320GB I didnt had problems when I installed KaKaRoTo's CFW.

That EvilNAT guy's CFW is that functional like that of Geohot aswell or just KaKaRoTo?

Bump!

Well thanks for the support *sarcasm*

Anyway there seems to be a new CFW out there that supports peek n poke, yes the syscall thingy. http://psx-scene.com/forums/f6/ps3-3...ow-work-75196/

Probably needs replacing the correct syscalls on the managers first since I remember they were around 26 or so. While these one are 6 and 7.
    Wait a second. Help me out here. What is peek & poke? And if I do this on my launch PS3, will I still be able to use my backwards compatibility?

Thanks
    EP Points

your ps2 thing? Like hell if I know, I dont have a BC PS3, peek and poke is necessary for the backup managers to function properly and to be able to load games.

Hax'd:
    PS3 Slim OFW
    PS4 OFW

Thanks

your ps2 thing? Like hell if I know, I dont have a BC PS3, peek and poke is necessary for the backup managers to function properly and to be able to load games.
    Aaawwww ok. I see now. A lot of reading on PSGroove.com got my PS3 jailbroken. Unfortunately I didn't install the peek & poke version. So now I have to install that then GeoHots CFW afterwards. I wonder why we have to do that?

Thanks
    EP Points

Because the peek and poke basically covers the entire update for peek and poking while Geohot's update only contains a file that edits the system into revealing the install packages.

Hax'd:
    PS3 Slim OFW
    PS4 OFW

Thanks

@Rage

I managed to get mine working with the Peek & Poke. What you have to do is update your console to 3.55 OFW. Then install the Peek & Poke CFW. Then install GeoHots CFW. I believe you have to have the 3.55 OFW installed already in order to install the CFW. If you have trouble installing, then try to use the PS3's recovery mode.

Thanks
    EP Points

Is there a way to run a backup manager on 3.55 yet or not? Confused.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno. View Post
    Is there a way to run a backup manager on 3.55 yet or not? Confused.
    No, not yet. So far I've been hearing that flukes1 (the guy working on the project) is almost done. Something about he won't release it till he cracks lv2. The part that GeoHot kept saying don't patch because it will brick your system.

A few people are saying that GeoHot put some protection on the lv2 portion so no one will play backups. Basically he's done this so he can get a job with Sony.

Jackhammer is offline Administrator
    Stroke The Goat
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,270 Times in 270 Posts
    EP Points

Thanks
    EP Points

Anyone think/know whether a working BD-ROM drive would be necessary? I might get a cheap one off eBay with a buggered BD-ROM drive.

Thanks
    EP Points

Jackhammer, its actually modded though since you need access to the FTP to move files around in your HDD and to have the install packages function aswell since you sort of need to trick the PS3 with the use of the .pkg file.

Yep I installed the peek and poke firmware already and also the geohot firmware, busy now making the eboot ps3 mindfucks with pkgs, already ahve 3 right now.

Hax'd:
    PS3 Slim OFW
    PS4 OFW

Jackhammer is offline Administrator
    Stroke The Goat
    ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,270 Times in 270 Posts
    EP Points

Jackhammer, its actually modded though since you need access to the FTP to move files around in your HDD and to have the install packages function aswell since you sort of need to trick the PS3 with the use of the .pkg file.

Yep I installed the peek and poke firmware already and also the geohot firmware, busy now making the eboot ps3 mindfucks with pkgs, already ahve 3 right now.
    I assume once installed, it would run without a dongle?

Thanks
    EP Points

It will run without dongle, my PS3Key is pretty much useless now.

Hax'd:
    PS3 Slim OFW
    PS4 OFW