Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: i need help with my Mame Emulator

Setsuna O.Z. Guest

Default i need help with my Mame Emulator

I need some serious help quick....
    My MameEmulator........
    Mame32.....Doesn't play any of the mame roms that i download..
    it saye that there's missing files.....

And My other......
    Mame v.60 doesn't play at all.........
    I need some serious help........

If anyone can give me a hand i would be real grateful.......

Thanks
    EP Points

1. place your roms in the roms folder provided in mame
    2. start the mame emulator
    3. click on options then directories
    4. click on browse and find your roms folder, when you find it click on it then click ok
    5. go above browse and cancel until you see ok, once you see it, click it.

this will then audit the roms, once the loading bar is done loading, look on the left column and click available. you will then see all your roms, after that click on one and go to file then play.

that all, enjoy!
    Last edited by Mace; 20th-June-2002 at 04:42.

Thanks

I am just wondering if MAME emulator supports overclocking video card?? I just overclock my video card and it seems like the game runs kinda laggy...

Any help??

They are hot, aren't they??

Thanks
    EP Points

i really dont know astroduck, im usin the same thing your usin and i get no lagginess, then again mame 60 has alot of bugs and video problems

Thanks

BTW Kedfow, are you gonna upload Resident Evil to my server soon?

They are hot, aren't they??

Thanks
    EP Points

yea i am, i had a little trouble makin the iso, my original disk had a unreadable sector so i tried 7 times to try and fix it. i finally got it fixed, sound and everything, its 1:17 am in mid usa, i will upload 6:00 pm today. Im sorry if im takin a long time, i have to go through the whole thing to make sure it is right.

You will get it by today!

Setsuna O.Z. Guest

Hey i tryed that little.......
    but i got stuck when i was time to audit the roms.......
    it still says that i'm missing lik 12 files......
    I'm trying to load
    Armored Warriors{usa}
    how do i audit the rom again.......that way you show doesn't seem to work ..or either i'm doing it wrong.....

Click cancel over the browse button in dir's until i see ok where?

Thanks
    EP Points

i know what your problem is, you downloaded the clone of the amored warriors rom,{the u.s version} your suppose to download the european version and that takes an hour to download unless your usin cable connection. thats why it says your missing files

Setsuna O.Z. Guest

oh ok i see....
    I have to get both versions of the rom on mame......
    ok thanks ........kedfow

JadeSaber Guest

Now this is something I might be able to help with since I do have some experience with Mame.
    First of all, as usual, make sure you have the latest upgrade for Mame32. They used to add compatability all the time to new games.
    Second, not all the roms will work anyway, but most of them do in one form or another.
    Next, you have to have them in the Roms folder. Even though you have MAME32 and you audit your games, it can't detect them unless they are in the ROMS folder.
    Now, if you haven't noticed, it will also show a list of all the games whether you have it or not. The ones with the crossed out red circle are obviously the ones you don't have, but the ones with a red "X" on them are ones you have that are non-working. To thin this out, click the available tab at the top left of the emulator window and refresh the game list. This will get it to show only what you have and whether it works or not.
    Sometimes, and it is a rare occurance, the rom will still work even if it shows a red X over it. "Sunset Riders" and one of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles games is like this. They work fine but the only thing wrong is maybe a security code wasn't copied correctly or the colors might be a little off somewhere in the game.
    The next thing you need to know is that in most games that won't work, there is a clone version that does. It seems that you sometimes still have to have the original version for the clone version to work because the original version may contain files that the clone version is missing and vice-versa. Basically, they need each other to read from. An example of this one is "Darkstalkers". The clone is "Vampire: The Night Warriors (Japan 940705)" . With just one, it will not work properly. You need both for correct emulation. "Popeye" is one of them, but it may run with just the "bootleg" version.
    Another issue is sound. Eventually you will most likely run into a game with no sound. To fix this you need to find the samples and download them separately and place them into the "Samples" folder. Some of the games that are like that are: Berzerk, Donkey Kong, one version of Galaga, Space Invaders, one of the Mario games, Star Trek, and Zaxxon. Yes, they are usually the older games. Most of the more recent ones are fine like X-Men vs Street Fighter and Simpsons, etc.

So far the best place I have found for ROMS is www.mame.dk
    That is the site that seems to be the most informative for MAME related news as well. They even provide specific info on each rom and tell whether it is a working version or not. Very nice site.
    I hope this helps you. I have been working with MAME32 for a while and I love it! You just can't beat the original REAL msPac-Man.

Thanks
    EP Points

jadesaber where have you been, mame.dk has been down since february. They have no more roms for download, if your looking for a complete set of mame roms, try these sites. www.mameworld.net or www.aceroms.com

JadeSaber Guest

Originally posted by kedfow
    jadesaber where have you been, mame.dk has been down since february. They have no more roms for download, if your looking for a complete set of mame roms, try these sites. www.mameworld.net or www.aceroms.com
    Where have I been? Holy crap! You're right! I haven't been there in a long time because I got all the roms I wanted and never went back but occasionally to check for updates.
    Geeze, I am so sorry! My bad!

Anyone held a moment of silence for Mame.dk? What a shame...

But thanks for the update. I feel so embarassed.

Setsuna O.Z. Guest

Hey Thanks Jade but neuther of those links have workable roms..
    both have nothing but broken downloads.....

But that info about MAME32 was helpful...

I'll PM when your own if i have any other questions about it.....

JadeSaber Guest

Hmmm...Mameworld seems to be down for me too. Too much traffic or did they get the "Cease and desist" letter too?
    Well, this one still has some...I think:
    http://edgeemu.com/
    Let's hope they don't disappear too.

Thanks
    EP Points

try www.mamefans.com you wont be disappointed!