Thread: Just because you can't see it doesn't mean it can't hurt you (or: Ray LP's AitD4:TNN)*

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

That's right boys and girls, it's time for another LP thread. This time around it's Alone in the Dark 4. There's numerous ways in which this can go horribly wrong for me. And there's always the remote possibility I'll end up recording myself screaming like a little girl. But in any event, here it is.

Yeah, not much aside from some HORRENDOUS voice acting of ATROCIOUS dialogue. But I'm posting this in the event anyone has any input on how it should be done and whatnot. I assure you the next update will feature much more talking and a lot less piddling about. And probably some worthwhile text too.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Carnby it is then.

So, yeah, 30 minutes in and I've already embarassed myself. And in <10 minutes to boot. Dear god, I swear I'm not normally such a pansy. It really caught me off guard.

Next time, I get through that door. Hooray for blind runs!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

The good part about this? Watching the videos has helped me note things I need to do/check out further. Huzzah!

And while I'm posting, this game is rather text heavy, and this update is rather filled with Carnby thumbing through books. And judging from the fact that I'm about to read another, and the next update is probably going to involve me tracking down this "library" I hear so much about, it's probably going to continue along this way for at least another chunk of gameplay.

So the question becomes what should I do about this.

Option A: I continue reading them mid video despite the fact that it's hardly thrilling and features me failing at reading and talking simultaneously.

Option B: I stop recording when I hit one, drop a bunch of screenshots, then resume the record once I get out of the book. The screenshots are then interspersed between the videos like so:

*video, ends with me finding/reading book*

*screenshots of book*

*video after the book*

The choice is yours, people. And as always, how's my driving, etc. etc.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

And it looks like it happened. I get completely lost. Well, I knew it would happen eventually. Blind runs and all that. Fortunately, after a rewatch of me playing, as well as a quick session, I've tracked down the solution to my problem. I'll be good to go soon-ish on the next record.

See if you can spot the obvious answer to my problems. Hint: it is something I tried repeatedly once I get lost in late video 4 early vid 5.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Yes another entry is complete. And it ends with yet another ridiculous puzzle area. Oh boy.

Forgive the sudden cutoff, I ran out of HDD space. Apparently the library makes 10 minutes of video take up about 4 GB. Hilarious.

Speaking of which, I have a feeling I'll be figure out my next destination before recording the next video block. Because watching me wander around that library is hardly compelling.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

And now to complete the first half of the game.

(Yes, I know it says "insert disc 3". This is a three disc game. Disc 1 is the install disc, disc 2 contains the game thus far, and disc 3 continues beyond that point.)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

And this is probably the most progress I've made in the game yet. Only one bit of getting lost in the whole thing!
    Last edited by Raype; 3rd-January-2011 at 19:26.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Nothing more needs to be said about that ending but this.

WHAT THE FUCK?