Thread: OH GOD, NOT THE BEES!!!!!!! (Or: Ray LP'S DoDonPachi)*

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Default OH GOD, NOT THE BEES!!!!!!! (Or: Ray LP'S DoDonPachi)*

There were various notes here. They're gone now. It appears the first page of the thread wasn't cached. There was more to it than this. Anywho;

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, in an attempt to finish another LP before Ivolt, make Hypnos' game playing abilities look even worse, and satisfy Tan's insistence that I LP some manner of bullet packed shooter(alright, he was a lot more specific. But this'll have to do until I figure something out.) I decided that the only choice was to do this.

I regret it. Immensely.

So without further ado, let's get this trainwreck rollin'

-----LOOP 1-----

Stage 1

Stage 2

Stage 3

Stage 4

Stage 5

Stage 6

-----LOOP 2-----

Stage 1

Stage 2

Stage 3

Stage 4

Stage 5

Stage 6

-----THE FINAL BATTLE-----

*shit nobody cares about*

Q: Why do you suck so bad?
    A: Eat me.

Q: YOU GOT HIT BY THAT. I SAW IT!
    A: No. See, it has to hit more or less dead center of the ship to kill me. Indirect hits that pass along the nose or wings don't do shit.

Q: Why do you fail at combos?
    A: Red has a hard time comboing due to the extremely narrow area of fire (although its high speed sorta makes up for that). The game adjusts for this by having a lower combo requirement. Also, I didn''t say I was good, just that I don't COMPLETELY suck.

Q: How did this work?
    A: I did a runthrough while saving the replay file. Then let it run through the replay file while recording it to an avi (shit ate my HDD for breakfast.). I then cut down said avi, dubbed some really bad unscripted commentary (often while tired, drunk, and/or trying my damnedest not to do something productive), compress that sucker, and upload to youtube. Hopefully, I manage to make it all go more or less as smoothly as the bit I have here.

Q: What's the update schedule?
    A: Whenever I feel like it. It may be a quick, it may take me a few days, I may even up one about every week. I REALLY doubt I'll do less than that. I'm not Ivolt, after all.

Q: Wait, didn't you say you were going to do something else first?
    A: Yeah. Sadly, I had forgotten how badly I suck at Megaman Zero 1. So, I have to decide whether or not it'd be worth doing if I'm that bad. Seriously, fuck the first (real) boss.

Q: I still say you suck.
    A: Can you phrase that in the form of a question?
    Q: Can you phrase that in the form of an answer?
    A: Smartass.
    Q: Can you suck less?
    A: Do better. Record it. Post it. Until then, continue eating me.

Q: What's this Loop Two shit?
    A: Loop 2 is pretty much the Hard Mode of DDP. While completing the game's normal mode is a pretty monumental task in and of itself, to truly milk the pain of the player cave put in a second loop. It's essentially the same game as the first time, only BASTARD HARD and with a super challenging true end boss. Which leads to the real ending (that's right, the normal ending is just there to spit in your face.) And to really twist the knife, you have to complete the first loop to get there, making it a bit of an endurance run to boot. To get to loop 2 you not only have to complete loop 1, but you have to do it while meeting at least one of the following conditions during a 1CC (no continue) run:

- Loses at most 2 fighters (lives).
    - Depending on the fighter used, have a maximum hit count of at least the following:
    Type A: 270 hits
    Type B: 300 hits
    Type C: 330 hits

-Score at least 50 million points at the end of the area 6.
    -Collect all 13 bees in four of the six areas.

I fulfilled several of the above, which is pretty much bound to happen if you go for the second loop. You don't have to 1CC loop 2 to get the ending, however I did it just for bragging rights and a feeling of accomplishment.

/jokes shamelessly lifted from Ivolt

*Oh shit, I forgot to say this*

Video 2: When the guage empties, the combo ends. Duh, I know.

In the home stretch (everything after the midboss) pretty much everything uses homing shots. Move. A LOT.

Also, try to take out those turrets near the midboss. That way, the patterns are more pattern-y
    Last edited by Raype; 26th-January-2011 at 02:32.