Thread: i want to get a acekard for my dsi

Thanks
    EP Points

Default i want to get a acekard for my dsi

for starters, how many games can a 2 gig hold and would i need to get bigger? and what other cards are there? i want one that is cheap but works.

Thanks

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintend...torage_devices

Read it and you'll know how many games a 2 gigaoctet (gigabyte) DS card hold and other NDS storage devices.
    Last edited by Aliengrounder; 2nd-January-2011 at 02:28.

Thanks
    EP Points

ok that works. so i wont need a huge card then lol. now the problem is finding the package so i dont have to search three different places

4. The Following User Says Thank You to garrendesares For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Obligatory Cola/Milady rant:

If you want to be sure everything is going to function optimally, don't get a bundle and buy your memory card separately. I got a bundle when I first got my Acekard, and my 4GB SDHC card turned out to be a class 2. It would freeze randomly in some games, requiring a restart, and others were unplayable because of the slow transfer speeds. Spend about ten dollars and five minutes of search time on Amazon or Newegg and get yourself a class 6 card. Mine is a Transcend, which works beautifully.

Colamisu told me this when I was discussing Acekards, and I decided to take my chances with the bundle. Eventually I replaced the SDHC card, which I could have bought in the first place had I taken his advice.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Milady For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Milady View Post
    Obligatory Cola/Milady rant:

If you want to be sure everything is going to function optimally, don't get a bundle and buy your memory card separately. I got a bundle when I first got my Acekard, and my 4GB SDHC card turned out to be a class 2. It would freeze randomly in some games, requiring a restart, and others were unplayable because of the slow transfer speeds. Spend about ten dollars and five minutes of search time on Amazon or Newegg and get yourself a class 6 card. Mine is a Transcend, which works beautifully.

Colamisu told me this when I was discussing Acekards, and I decided to take my chances with the bundle. Eventually I replaced the SDHC card, which I could have bought in the first place had I taken his advice.
    i always follow a girls advice because they are smarter then alot of men apparently lol. if you could help me alittle with sites? i am on a strict budget and i cant go over 30 dollars.

Thanks
    EP Points

What kind of help do you want? I already suggested Amazon or Newegg for buying your micro SD card.

Suggestions for buying Acekards will likely depend on your location.

Thanks
    EP Points

What kind of help do you want? I already suggested Amazon or Newegg for buying your micro SD card.

Suggestions for buying Acekards will likely depend on your location.
    thats the problem with acekards. everytime i go to a genuine site, thier prices vary

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by garrendesares View Post
    i always follow a girls advice because they are smarter then alot of men apparently lol. if you could help me alittle with sites? i am on a strict budget and i cant go over 30 dollars.
    Maybe one of these?

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&key...qid=1294024594

Edit: Hm. I may buy this one - http://www.amazon.com/Transcend-Clas...4024691&sr=1-2 Thanks for the info, Milady.
    Last edited by Mikey; 3rd-January-2011 at 03:20.

Thanks
    EP Points

thats the problem with acekards. everytime i go to a genuine site, thier prices vary
    I'm in the US and I've bought two Acekard2is in the past from KoolDS. They're $17.99 now, if you buy them without their being part of a bundle. They ship from California, and they don't have annoying clones. I had a really hard time finding someone in the country last year when I was looking for myself, but I didn't do any searching for cheaper options when I was buying one this Christmas. I simply decided to opt for the site that turned out to be lovely in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Maybe one of these?

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&key...qid=1294024594

Edit: Hm. I may buy this one - http://www.amazon.com/Transcend-Clas...4024691&sr=1-2 Thanks for the info, Milady.
    Amazon's prices are pretty decent, and most things have an option for free shipping, which is good if you're on a budget. I would definitely recommend a Transcend. Don't forget to grab a class 6 card. I found mine by searching "micro sd class 6" or something like that.

I don't know why you're shopping for cards, Mikey, but just in case, you'll not want a standard sized SD card Garren. You'll want one of the micros with an adapter (unless you already have an adapter or don't need one for some reason). Also, you're welcome.
    Last edited by Milady; 3rd-January-2011 at 03:28.

Thanks
    EP Points

I'm in the US and I've bought two Acekard2is in the past from KoolDS. They're $17.99 now, if you buy them without their being part of a bundle. They ship from California, and they don't have annoying clones. I had a really hard time finding someone in the country last year when I was looking for myself, but I didn't do any searching for cheaper options when I was buying one this Christmas. I simply decided to opt for the site that turned out to be lovely in the past.

Amazon's prices are pretty decent, and most things have an option for free shipping, which is good if you're on a budget. I would definitely recommend a Transcend.

I don't know why you're shopping for cards, Mikey, but just in case, you'll not want a standard sized SD card Garren. You'll want one of the micros with an adapter (unless you already have an adapter or don't need one for some reason). Also, you're welcome.
    why a micro with an adaptor? and from what i have seen, the ak2i are basicly adaptors as well so all i have to do is slide it in. and what about a usb thing since i have a 5 year old computer all it has are usb ports.

Thanks
    EP Points

I don't know why you're shopping for cards, Mikey
    Mine is 2 gigs in size. I do enjoy more games than that. And I had no idea that Transcend cards were good, nor did I know about classes 2, 4, and 6.

Thanks
    EP Points

i found this http://www.pickegg.com/wholesale/ace...g-tf-card.html which seems to be ok price. but this one is good though it just a card but it comes with the usb thing i was talking about http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=507846

Thanks
    EP Points

why a micro with an adaptor? and from what i have seen, the ak2i are basicly adaptors as well so all i have to do is slide it in. and what about a usb thing since i have a 5 year old computer all it has are usb ports.
    You'll need to get it into your computer, if you're going to put the firmware and games onto it. They make USB adapters, but cards seem to generally come with the micro-to-SD card adapters.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Mine is 2 gigs in size. I do enjoy more games than that. And I had no idea that Transcend cards were good, nor did I know about classes 2, 4, and 6.
    I was just curious, since that card you linked specifically to wasn't a micro card.

And now that I've seen that link, I believe A-DATA is the other one that, like Transcend, has a pretty good reputation. Cola once posted a link from Newegg, whilst recommending one or the other, if I'm not mistaken.

i found this http://www.pickegg.com/wholesale/ace...g-tf-card.html which seems to be ok price. but this one is good though it just a card but it comes with the usb thing i was talking about http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=507846
    Except the first one is bundled with a card, which I advised you against, and the second one is a class 2 card, which I also advised you against.

I've offered what information I can. At this point, the shopping choices are up to you, I suppose.
    Last edited by Milady; 3rd-January-2011 at 03:35.

Thanks
    EP Points

Last edited by garrendesares; 3rd-January-2011 at 03:39.