Page 9 of 70 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141959 ... LastLast

Thread: Sports discussions: Football, Pie throwing, Chinese chequers, etc.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Drageuth View Post
    Honestly, yeah. The Sedins were pretty much standing on their heads, and although Kessler still hasn't scored a goal in the playoffs, he was critical in setting up many of the goals that the Canucks did manage to score. Henrik Sedin, Kesler, Raymond, Hamhuis, Higgins, Torres, Ballard, and Glass, some of the top players on the team, are still scoreless throughout the playoffs, although a couple of them have a decent number of assists. Honestly, if Bolland had been playing the entire series, I think Canucks would have had a lot more trouble than they did -- and they had a fair bit of trouble as it was. Also, with the Torres hit on Seabrook, that gave the Blackhawks a pretty powerful rallying point -- they pretty much dominated the Canucks from that hit onward.

And the Habs just scored, making the Montreal v. Boston game 2-1, still in the first period. They have a chance, still... a couple of early goals doesn't mean much in the Playoffs.
    Yeah I'm thinking the Blackhawks would have won it with Bolland playing every game but there is no way to tell. I do hope the Canucks kill the Preds. A Canucks Wings west finals would be pretty awesome I think.

And yeah, anything is possible in playoff hockey, I just didn't want to declare a Habs win (like I was thinking and hoping for going into the game) after seeing they were down 2-0. In a perfect world they would win as well as Tampa tonight so it will probably be the opposite.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    Yeah I'm thinking the Blackhawks would have won it with Bolland playing every game but there is no way to tell. I do hope the Canucks kill the Preds. A Canucks Wings west finals would be pretty awesome I think.

And yeah, anything is possible in playoff hockey, I just didn't want to declare a Habs win (like I was thinking and hoping for going into the game) after seeing they were down 2-0. In a perfect world they would win as well as Tampa tonight so it will probably be the opposite.
    In spite me being Canadian, I actually want Boston to win. Usually I would cheer for Montreal, but I actually like Boston a fair bit. Especially after this:
    Spoiler warning:

I honestly would love to see a Canucks v. Red Wings Western final. I think the Canucks v. Nashville series will be wrapped up in five games, personally. That's my prediction, anyways.

And I really hope Tampa wins, as well. I like Roloson (I'm an Oilers fan, personally. Yes, I know, for shame), but I still have lots of love for Roloson after the 2006 Playoff run that Edmonton had, largely due to Roloson.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Yeah, I think the Canucks should handle Nashville as well, but the playoffs are always crazy. I think the Wings will beat the Sharks in 6, but who knows maybe the Sharks will choke hard.

I'm just anti-Boston because their fans are obnoxious, it's a multi-sport thing.

As for the Tampa/Pissburgh series I'm very much a Sissy Crosby hater. I don't even care that he's hurt right now.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Fer! View Post

The only survivor now is Cristiano, right? Carvalho, Pepe and Ramos were the other ones I think.
    Again, you might think I hate Madrid or something but I don't. I just hate those violent for nothing players, there's being rough, and then there are jackasses like Materazzi, Pepe or even Roy Keane.
    They were Albiol, Cristiano, Di Maria and Ramos. Carvalho couldn't play tonight because of that. The entire Barça squad was clean, of course That's conditioning the semifinal, even more if the the ref decides to interpret as violent conduct what's merely a rough, disputed game. If Barça is involved, football becomes a game for pansies where they are the only ones who get any benefit. It's hard to explain how, this year, in every single match against them, we ended up playing with one man down... none was sent off for them in any match. How convenient.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Yeah, I think the Canucks should handle Nashville as well, but the playoffs are always crazy. I think the Wings will beat the Sharks in 6, but who knows maybe the Sharks will choke hard.

I'm just anti-Boston because their fans are obnoxious, it's a multi-sport thing.

As for the Tampa/Pissburgh series I'm very much a Sissy Crosby hater. I don't even care that he's hurt right now.
    Yeah, the playoffs can be insane. Everything that happened in the regular season pretty much doesn't matter anymore -- like in the 2006 playoffs. In the western conference, the bottom four seeded teams advanced to the next round, all of them knocking out the top four seeded teams. Thankfully, I'm not around too many Boston fans -- not too many of them make it out to my city. I only know one guy who cheers for Boston, and he's a pretty cool cat. And I'm in the same boat as you with Crosby; he is a fantastic player, but he needs to stop being such a whiny little bitch and just focus on the game. It's hard not to like him a little bit, especially after scoring the winning goal for Canada for the gold medal in the 2010 Olympics, but that's about as far as I can take him.

The Tampa v. Pittsburgh game should be interesting, though. Can't wait.

Also, I can see the biggest problem for the Canucks playing Nashville is this is the first time that Nashville has made it to the second round in franchise history. I can see them having a lot of passion and drive, pretty much riding a euphoric high. Canucks are notorious for letting things go a little bit when they think a series is going well and they don't have to play as much 'cause they "have it in the bag." See Games 4 and 5 in the Canucks v. Blackhawks series -- they pretty much stood just stood at center ice and did dick all for the entire game.

[ edit ] Also, Montreal v. Boston is tied 2-2. If you aren't watching.
    Last edited by Drageuth; 28th-April-2011 at 00:30.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Well I hate Crosby for that goal even more. I was hoping Slovakia could pull it off in the semis though cause I didn't think we could beat Canada twice.

I saw the score of the Habs game but I'm busy with some other things atm. Probably going to watch Pens Lightning.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Well I hate Crosby for that goal even more. I was hoping Slovakia could pull it off in the semis though cause I didn't think we could beat Canada twice.

I saw the score of the Habs game but I'm busy with some other things atm. Probably going to watch Pens Lightning.
    Yeah... I'm Canadian and live just outside of Vancouver, where the games were held. It meant a fair bit to me.

[ edit ] Boston just won 4-3 in the Overtime. Boston v. Philadelphia next round, and Washington v. Tampa Bay/Pittsburgh, depending on who wins this game. There's just shy of fifteen minutes left in the third, and Tampa Bay is up 1-0, but Pittsburgh is on a powerplay at the moment.
    Last edited by Drageuth; 28th-April-2011 at 02:11.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Ryan Miller was so friggin' good in those olympics.

Anyway, Tampa won, that makes me so happy. GO OLD GOALIE GO.

Thanks
    EP Points

Manolito is a smart guy.

Thanks

I'm just taking a wild guess here when saying you guys probably don't like rugby all that much? I wont reveal my Football team I support because then everybody will think I know nothing about football. I'll give u a hint! They are in the FA premier league.
    Minecraft! + Boredom!

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I'm just taking a wild guess here when saying you guys probably don't like rugby all that much? I wont reveal my Football team I support because then everybody will think I know nothing about football. I'll give u a hint! They are in the FA premier league.
    Let me guess, Nick is a red devil!

Thanks

Ya dirty scouser!

Thanks

Bingbingbingbing! etc. Yes I am a Red devil. Fits perfectly with my avatar as well. This is how our supporters look. And with good reason. Most of them know nothing but think they do. There is no surprise that they get punched in the face very often. I like to see myself as different. I support a team that plays ugly football but still manages to win. But hey atleast we are winning a bit . I should feel ashamed. I mean isn't it called the beautiful game? But Manu have their moments you know. Like the Rooney goal against City quite a while back. And I like the way Hernandez is playing. He was a steal for the price.
    Last edited by Nick; 29th-April-2011 at 01:03.
    Minecraft! + Boredom!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Boooooo Pavelski. Come on Wings.

lol @ caps

Elmdor Rizer is offline Official Chronicler of EP
    Unofficial Chronicler of your underwear drawer
    Thanks
    EP Points

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAGE.

Oh, what's that? We actually won? And the ref missed Clichy stomping on Owen's knee? The other team didn't get a pen in the last minute? And Squillaci (or Clichy/Sagna/Djourou/Kocielny...) didn't actually fuck up? Haha, great shit! So, let's win the title then.

Hm, what's that? Even ignoring Liverpool (ref/eboue), Sunderland (ref), West Brom and Blackburn a win against Bolton would've been enough to still have a real (although not a very good one) title challenge going. Heck, a drew there would have given us a slim chance, all this assuming Chelsea would win, of course.

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAGE. Also, what's up with Nasri? Beh.

Michael Ballack, he scores free-kicks.
    He's got black hair, and he's german.
    Michael Ballack, trains in paddocks.
    in his spare time, HE FARMS HADDOCKS!
    Watch me play Super C, guys!!