Page 8 of 70 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131858 ... LastLast

Thread: Sports discussions: Football, Pie throwing, Chinese chequers, etc.

Elmdor Rizer is offline Official Chronicler of EP
    Unofficial Chronicler of your underwear drawer
    Thanks
    EP Points

I love you, Elin.

I forgot to congratulate you earlier, Cookies. ^_____________^ Great freaking goal too. Oh, and the whole having your trophy split in two-bit was hilarious. What the fuck was up with the matador thing though? Are you guys having it repaired?

AND STOP HURTING ME ALL THE TIME, YOU HAPLESS SLOBS. DEFEND! DEFEND!

Michael Ballack, he scores free-kicks.
    He's got black hair, and he's german.
    Michael Ballack, trains in paddocks.
    in his spare time, HE FARMS HADDOCKS!
    Watch me play Super C, guys!!

Thanks
    EP Points

just saying... diving.. isnt a sport. its falling!!
    "Life is what you make of it. Don't make excuses. Make it happen."
    This my World.
    --- Chamillionaire

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Thanks guys!

I gotta defend Capello once again, Fer, you make him look like some antichrist he sold Ronaldo and it was the right thing to do, he was not a first class player anymore and his age was not the problem... compared with Van the Man he was just a joke in the pitch... and what happened to Becks was a decision of the club, president Calderón didn't want any players signed by former president Florentino Perez. Capello had nothing to do with it, in fact he kept playing when Capello became the England's national team coach. And he's in friends with Ronaldo even now too, so yeah he's no ogre

It was replaced, Elmy. There are 3 Cups, one of them is in an unknown bunker, where Ramos can't get it

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Game 7. Canucks v. Chicago.

Burrows scores early in the game to make the game 1-0. There is a lot of back and forth for the rest of the game, but no scoring until late in the third period. With two minutes left in the game, Toews scores for Chicago to tie up the game 1-1.

Sudden death overtime.

Burrows takes a penalty within the first thirty seconds of overtime. Chicago gets a lot of chances, but between some decent defense and great goaltending by Luongo, nothing manages to make it to the back of the net. Canucks kill off the penalty, then again some back and forth for a couple more minutes. Then, Burrows manages to snag a puck being dumped out of the Chicago zone, takes the buck out in front of Crawford, and manages to slap a rolling puck up and over Crawford's shoulder to win the game.

Fucking FINALLY.

Next up: Vancouver Canucks v. Nashville Predators.

Round 2 should start Thursday evening.

Thanks

Reading that makes me sad that Mexican TV only aired one season of Hockey in here.

Man, I was the only kid at school who watched it.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Drageuth View Post
    Game 7. Canucks v. Chicago.

Burrows scores early in the game to make the game 1-0. There is a lot of back and forth for the rest of the game, but no scoring until late in the third period. With two minutes left in the game, Toews scores for Chicago to tie up the game 1-1.

Sudden death overtime.

Burrows takes a penalty within the first thirty seconds of overtime. Chicago gets a lot of chances, but between some decent defense and great goaltending by Luongo, nothing manages to make it to the back of the net. Canucks kill off the penalty, then again some back and forth for a couple more minutes. Then, Burrows manages to snag a puck being dumped out of the Chicago zone, takes the buck out in front of Crawford, and manages to slap a rolling puck up and over Crawford's shoulder to win the game.

Fucking FINALLY.

Next up: Vancouver Canucks v. Nashville Predators.

Round 2 should start Thursday evening.
    I'm a Wings fan, but this result made me so freaking happy. I was talking with some Canucks fans during the entire game. It was such a painful game...I mean...Crawford engaging beast mode...who would have thought that? And then Toews after doing more or less nothing all series comes out of nowhere to get the equaliser short-handed. I'm glad it ended fairly quickly into OT, I thought with the way the Canucks were playing defense and the way the goalkeepers were playing it was going to go beyond the first OT. I don't know how much more I could have taken.

Also, Burrows is the man.

Thanks
    EP Points

Eep, sorry Cookie. That wasn't a pleasant one to watch. Awfully crude even by El Clasico standards, and that red card decision for Pepe was a bit of a shocker, and soured what was already a very bitter encounter. It was definitely a rough challenge, but no worse than a yellow for me. At least Messi popped up with a bit of beauty to neutralise the general ugliness of the proceedings.

Are we going to see Manchester United exact revenge for 08-09 in the final now? :O

Thanks

How in the hell Madrid can defend having Pepe on their team? He's a disgrace.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Fer! View Post
    How in the hell Madrid can defend having Pepe on their team? He's a disgrace.
    You thought so? I didn't think it was that bad a challenge. Expected a booking, but was really surprised to see the red card coming out. If he didn't walk, though, I have no doubt someone else would have. Was just that sort of game. :/

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

There's very little to do if a Messi fan (as he publicly stated) referees a match like this, he conditioned everything, it's not really Pepe's fault, actually he's pretty good. Stark was voted the worst Bundesleague ref by the players there. I can see why
    And I already mentioned it some pages back but let's not forget the 4 first team players that would not play the next match had they been carded in this one. How can we defend like that?

Thanks

You thought so? I didn't think it was that bad a challenge. Expected a booking, but was really surprised to see the red card coming out. If he didn't walk, though, I have no doubt someone else would have. Was just that sort of game. :/
    No, but the intention was there, he had a feud with Dani Alves from before, if you see things are a bit roughed up, the worst you can do is throw a kick like that, I'm surprised they didn't sent off Mascherano as well, since it wasn't that much of a violent tackle, but to compensate with Madrid.

To me it was like a "stop it, you two" from the referee with that sent off, sadly, even in those conditions Pepe is known for doing stupid crap like that. Barcelona was rough as well, but I don't think they were directly affected by the referee's calls, Ramos yellow card was justified and well, you saw what Pepe did. Poor Pinto, he barely plays at Barca and he got sent off as well.

I wish Man U can exact revenge on the culés, but everything can happen in the second match, maybe Schalke will revive from the ashes and Madrid will turn the tide to their favour and we'll see a Raul revenge against his beloved team, everything can happen now.

And I already mentioned it some pages back but let's not forget the 4 first team players that would not play the next match had they been carded in this one. How can we defend like that?
    The only survivor now is Cristiano, right? Carvalho, Pepe and Ramos were the other ones I think.
    Again, you might think I hate Madrid or something but I don't. I just hate those violent for nothing players, there's being rough, and then there are jackasses like Materazzi, Pepe or even Roy Keane.
    Last edited by Fer!; 27th-April-2011 at 21:23.

Thanks
    EP Points

Wings are definitely gonna win the Stanley Cup this year.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    I'm a Wings fan, but this result made me so freaking happy. I was talking with some Canucks fans during the entire game. It was such a painful game...I mean...Crawford engaging beast mode...who would have thought that? And then Toews after doing more or less nothing all series comes out of nowhere to get the equaliser short-handed. I'm glad it ended fairly quickly into OT, I thought with the way the Canucks were playing defense and the way the goalkeepers were playing it was going to go beyond the first OT. I don't know how much more I could have taken.

Also, Burrows is the man.
    Crawford is an amazing goaltender. He's one of the few who is capable of staying calm, cool and collected even after a bad beat, and he made some amazing saves during that game. The one-two-three that he stopped from Kessler was phenomenal. Gotta give him props for that -- and really, he's been amazing all series. I don't know what it is about Chicago that makes them so capable of scoring on Luongo, but the biggest hindrance to the Canucks for that series was Crawford. He stopped everything. An amazing goaltender, and he is definitely someone to look out for in the future.

And yes, Burrows is the man.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
    Wings are definitely gonna win the Stanley Cup this year.

I think it's going to be either Vancouver or Boston, personally.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

"Wings are definitely gonna win the Stanley Cup this year."

Enh, I hope so, but at the same time I doubt it because I'm not sure if Howard can be good enough.

"Crawford is an amazing goaltender. He's one of the few who is capable of staying calm, cool and collected even after a bad beat, and he made some amazing saves during that game. The one-two-three that he stopped from Kessler was phenomenal. Gotta give him props for that -- and really, he's been amazing all series. I don't know what it is about Chicago that makes them so capable of scoring on Luongo, but the biggest hindrance to the Canucks for that series was Crawford. He stopped everything. An amazing goaltender, and he is definitely someone to look out for in the future."

Yeah and it really hurt the Canucks that their top line was doing jack shit. And yeah, if it had been Dallas in the first round instead I think the Canucks would have won in 5 or so, maybe even a sweep. If Bolland was playing all series it might have been different but I'm glad it wasn't.

"I think it's going to be either Vancouver or Boston, personally."

I was going to say the Habs were going to win tonight and then I saw the score. Bah! I hate Boston.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    Yeah and it really hurt the Canucks that their top line was doing jack shit. And yeah, if it had been Dallas in the first round instead I think the Canucks would have won in 5 or so, maybe even a sweep. If Bolland was playing all series it might have been different but I'm glad it wasn't.
    I was going to say the Habs were going to win tonight and then I saw the score. Bah! I hate Boston.
    Honestly, yeah. The Sedins were pretty much standing on their heads, and although Kessler still hasn't scored a goal in the playoffs, he was critical in setting up many of the goals that the Canucks did manage to score. Henrik Sedin, Kesler, Raymond, Hamhuis, Higgins, Torres, Ballard, and Glass, some of the top players on the team, are still scoreless throughout the playoffs, although a couple of them have a decent number of assists. Honestly, if Bolland had been playing the entire series, I think Canucks would have had a lot more trouble than they did -- and they had a fair bit of trouble as it was. Also, with the Torres hit on Seabrook, that gave the Blackhawks a pretty powerful rallying point -- they pretty much dominated the Canucks from that hit onward.

And the Habs just scored, making the Montreal v. Boston game 2-1, still in the first period. They have a chance, still... a couple of early goals doesn't mean much in the Playoffs.