Page 15 of 70 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516171819202565 ... LastLast

Thread: Sports discussions: Football, Pie throwing, Chinese chequers, etc.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

For sure.

And yeah, go Canucks! Sharks played pretty shitty i game 1 and still had a lead for awhile though...so yeah...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    For sure.

And yeah, go Canucks! Sharks played pretty shitty i game 1 and still had a lead for awhile though...so yeah...
    I missed the first game. Tomorrow will be the first game of the series that I actually get to watch. I'm interested to see how San Jose plays.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I'm blaming game 1 on a game 7 hangover from the Detroit series. They played reaaaally poorly and were lucky to lose by 1. There were some stretches where they just looked confused on the ice.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Holy shit, Tim Thomas is on fire tonight.

[ edit ]

This could be some pretty big news. From what I just saw on TSN, nothing is confirmed at the moment, but according to Globe & Mail, the Atlanta Thrashers have been purchased by True North Sports & Entertainment (who own the Manitoba Moose [AHL] and the MTS Centre [arena]) in Winnipeg, Manitoba. This could be the return of the Winnipeg Jets (although I still pray to God that they don't use that name).

Anyways, here's the article: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...rticle2029179/
    Last edited by Drageuth; 20th-May-2011 at 02:04.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Yeah unfortunate for Tampa. I think Boston has this series now.

Already heard about the Atlanta to Winnipeg stuff, but word.

GOOOOOOO CANUCKS.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Yeah unfortunate for Tampa. I think Boston has this series now.

Already heard about the Atlanta to Winnipeg stuff, but word.

GOOOOOOO CANUCKS.
    Apparently there is going to be an announcement on Tuesday. From what I have been able to find, nothing is definite yet. Even if TNS&E does purchase the Thrashers, the NHL has to set it to a vote to move the team to Winnipeg. However, if the purchase does go through, I can't see the NHL standing in the way from moving the team to a city that desperately wants their hockey team back.

Then again, Gary Bettman has been a prick in the past.

I'm still pulling for Tampa to win the series, but after seeing how Boston destroyed their 1-3-1 defensive line last game, they really have to pull out some new moves and figure out how to beat Tim Thomas.

Also, I'm not gonna comment on the Canucks game. I'm rather disappointed with them at the moment. There was damn close to thirty minutes of penalty time in that game, and I think twenty of it was the Canucks. I'm pretty sure Kessler got three penalties.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Yeah I don't see how Atlanta can keep that team.

Tampa is done. This game started out very intensely.

I was hoping for a Canucks sweep but it was pretty unlikely. :/

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Yeah I don't see how Atlanta can keep that team.

Tampa is done. This game started out very intensely.

I was hoping for a Canucks sweep but it was pretty unlikely. :/
    So... so... so Tampa won?
    I didn't watch the game (I was at work), but when I first checked it was something like 3-0 Boston. Then next thing I knew it was tied 3-3 going into the third. Then... they won?! WHAT THE FUCK!?

Good on 'em, but still. How the Hell?!

I was hoping for a Canuck's sweep as well, but I knew it wasn't going to happen. Although I have to ask: did Eager play at all in that last game? I don't remember seeing him on the ice, but it might just be that he didn't do anything. Still, all hope is not lost yet -- they're still up by one game, and they almost managed to come back in that one. Hopefully the game tomorrow (which starts... really freaking early. I think it starts at noon, my time) is a doozie.

Also, if it's Vancouver vs. Tampa for the cup... can you imagine the travel time involved, back and forth between games?! They are, quite literally, the two teams that are the farthest apart from one another. I would expect the players to be falling asleep on the bench.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I know. I reversed jinxed it hard. I never turned it off though.

Roloson got pulled in the 1st period and the guy that replaced him was total beast mode. There was this one save where I don't even know how he did it and only one angle shows that the puck did not cross the line. Oh and yeah it was crazy how they got back in it. They got a good goal and then followed it up mere moments later with the second cause I think Boston was still in shock. Then the got the goal to tie and all hell broke loose. The goal to put them up was sick. They just kept applying tons of pressure you should tube that goal.

Travel would be brutal for Tampa vs Vancouver looool.

Thanks

I don't know if there are any people here that actually watch Rugby. But I'm gonna post about it anyway. The team I support in the Super 15/Super Rugby competition. The Stormers. Pulled of a great come from behind win This weekend against the top conference New Zealand team. The Blues. Coming from 3 - 19 down at Halftime to win it 28 - 26. It's been quite a while since anything kept me on the edge of my seat like that match. Well done Stormers.

There were good results for two other South-African teams as well. Overall a good weekend for us.
    Minecraft! + Boredom!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

I know. I reversed jinxed it hard. I never turned it off though.

Roloson got pulled in the 1st period and the guy that replaced him was total beast mode. There was this one save where I don't even know how he did it and only one angle shows that the puck did not cross the line. Oh and yeah it was crazy how they got back in it. They got a good goal and then followed it up mere moments later with the second cause I think Boston was still in shock. Then the got the goal to tie and all hell broke loose. The goal to put them up was sick. They just kept applying tons of pressure you should tube that goal.

Travel would be brutal for Tampa vs Vancouver looool.
    Just watched the highlight video on their website. Holy shit! I feel sorry for whoever blocked Gagne's first shot -- he wanted to go to the bench but just couldn't make it there, Tampa got back into their zone right away. I don't think it would have made much difference whether there was a fresh player or not, but still... ouch.
    Gotta admit, as much as I love Roloson, I think the crazy intensity of the games, and how frequent the games are, are starting to wear down on him. I mean, the guy's 41 years old, and he is still one of the better goaltender's in the league... but at some point, old age and fatigue has to start weighing down on him.

Also: Smith (Tampa's backup goaltender) is not been scored on in the two games he has played against Boston. Granted, they haven't been full games, but it makes me wonder if they might consider starting with him next game, since Rollie has been pulled twice now against Boston in four games.
    Last edited by Drageuth; 22nd-May-2011 at 06:31.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Yeah that is the reason Tampa went ahead. Just goes to show that nothing but good things can come from applying pressure and playing offensive hockey.

Yeah the kid has done well but imo you have to start Roloson. He will bounce back and there were a lot of bad breaks on those goals.

Anyway, TOO MUCH SEDINS TODAY. HENRIK SEDIN 4 PTS. Suck it Sharks.

Was chatting with a Canucks fan I've known for 6-7 years throughout the game. Logs are entertaining but highly offensive (esp around the time of the 2nd and 3rd 5 on 3 goals). Might post later.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Man, Cristiano is a beast, 54 goals scored this season, 41 of them just in league :O

And Real Madrid scored 102 goals in league (148 in all)... who said Mourinho was defensive?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Cristiano Ronaldo transcends the shackles of a defensive coach is all. Even though I don't much care for him...