Thread: How to install Android games from .APK files on your SD card

Thanks
    EP Points

Default How to install Android games from .APK files on your SD card

To install APK games on your Android phone do the following:

1. Go to Android Market and search for the Apps Installer, App Installer, z-App Installer or Fast Installer application.
    2. Open it and click on the Install button.
    3. Copy the .APK file you want to install to the root directory of your phone's memory card and insert the card into your Android phone.
    4. Open the App Installer on your phone. It will show you all the .APK files stored in your memory card.
    5. Just click on the game you want to install and it will be installed.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sprung For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

I just use HTC Sync to install apps to my phone, of course it'll only work with HTC phones.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Inferno. For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Does anyone know if the installer works on the Cruz Reader? It runs on Android 2.0 afaik.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by jazzmarazz View Post
    Does anyone know if the installer works on the Cruz Reader? It runs on Android 2.0 afaik.
    There seems to be some info here: http://thetechjournal.com/electronic...to-guide.xhtml

Thanks

my handphone is dell.. n i really dunt understand... im already download the rar... but i dont know... what's the emulator?? or where must i put that data... T.T

Thanks

I have a Droid X2, and I've never needed an Installer App to install .apks. I just find them on my SD card or internal memory and select and install them.
    An App Installer program would find it easily, but is it that much harder to find it in your files? Or do certain phones need an installer to install downloaded .apks?

Thanks
    Thanked 13,299 Times in 1,164 Posts
    EP Points

Yes, the feature set on every phone out there is different. With my stock phone I couldn't find a single way to browse the file structure actually sitting on my phone... ES File Explorer earned a permanent spot on my phone. It lets me browse my phones contents freely, and install and create .apks.
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks

Use Root explorer or ES File Explorer to access /data/app/ (you have to keep going "up" until you reach the root directory /, kind of like C: in windows, before you can see the data directory(folder)). In ES file explorer you must also tick a checkbox in settings to allow going up to the root directory.
    LINKS REMOVED - NO LINKS IN SIGNATURE

Thanks

there is a option in ES Explorer crackedapkfull to install apk games and applications android.
    Last edited by dipaner; 26th-October-2015 at 21:03.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,299 Times in 1,164 Posts
    EP Points

Yes, there was that option. It seemed to be the main point of the app. But I'm not positive the latest version would have the feature present, and current Android's may have stuff built into the OS that blocks/unblocks it. The basic settings on my current phone running stock firmware had options that let me allow apk installations and install stuff without any need for ES File Explorer.

You're best off Googling detailed guides relevant to your specific Android if you can't easily figure it out yourself.
    *PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Zorlon is offline Older than you think
    Still loves Retro gaming
    Still loves new consoles
    Part time games modder
    Just here to help out when I can
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,176 Times in 1,328 Posts
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

As above a lot of phones and devices have an "allow apk's from unknown sources option" (or something similar) allowing you to install apk's from any downloaded apk, by default most android devices not do not allow this so you need to enable that yourself in the devices options

I totally understand why they do that though and it has less to do with pirating and more to do with keeping your device safe from viral attacks and or other exploiting
    Last edited by Zorlon; 23rd-October-2015 at 08:17.

Mod projects - XBOX
    Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1 & 2 - online quests in offline mode packs [COMPLETE]
    [Quest Packs Collection]
    GTA San Andreas - Hot Coffee [COMPLETE]
    [Mod ready] & [Full ISO ready]
    GTA San Andreas - Real Car Names extra content mod [WIP] [Back burner, just won't have the time ]
    Please can all ESR users post your results here to help with the project and others wanting to use ESR

Thanks
    EP Points

You have to extract that rar and put that file in ur mobile internal storage and then use the app instraller app it will show that file to be instralled