Thread: Banjo Kazooie...is it just mine?

JadeSaber Guest

Default Banjo Kazooie...is it just mine?

I have finally got my SupraHLE working very well. Mario 64 and Mario Kart64 are near perfect, but my Banjo Kazooie (not tooie) runs almost perfect except for two major problems I run into and I was wondering it this is typical or if I have corrupt ROM or my emulator won't do it.
    1) Not so serious right now, but when Banjo goes underwater the screen turns black and I have to guess how to move. Since I can only say this happens in the training area, I don't know how serious it is yet.
    2) Most serious No matter what I do, the bridge OUT of the training area will not let me cross. When I went through all the stuff the mole makes you do, it was supposed to fix the bridge. But it didn't. So I tried skipping the training stuff and went straight to the bridge. I used the camera look to see if it was fixed and it looked fine from the ground, but when I get to the top of the spiral the bridge is incomplete again.

I wish I knew how to get into programs to help debug them. I don't even know where to start!

BTW...are there any near fully working Diddy Kong Racing roms our there? I keep getting the one that has graphics like someone busted Diddy and his buddies up side the head with a huge ugly stick and it really isn't playable. It would be nice to see this in high res, but not if it's like that!

Christopher Time Guest

Have you tried using Project 64 to play the game? It'll probably give you better results..
    Oh and that underwater thing I can promise you will be serious..
    The third stage in the game is nearly nothing but underwater based!
    Heck even the second stage has a lot of water to deal with.. If all else fails time to use the real N64!
    But anyways, good luck to you.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Default Re: Banjo Kazooie...is it just mine?

Originally posted by JadeSaber
    BTW...are there any near fully working Diddy Kong Racing roms our there? I keep getting the one that has graphics like someone busted Diddy and his buddies up side the head with a huge ugly stick and it really isn't playable. It would be nice to see this in high res, but not if it's like that!
    it aint the rom that dont work, its the emulator
    Use PJ64

www.pj64.net

Stiffy214 Guest

i personally like nemu better... more compatability

JadeSaber Guest

Da**!
    I kinda figured it would be something like the emulator. I haven't had too much success with PJ64 on my system...yet. (See "Deep Fried Mario" under my request for PJ64 help in the Emulators board for a little entertainment.)
    Well, I am not too worried about it right now. I remember Banjo's underwater levels, but I kinda had hoped that it was just on the stupid training area only. Yeah, I have played Banjo. My aunt has it. She has my Conker too somewhere. Er...that didn't sound too good did it?
    I mostly miss Gauntlet, but I am thinking that is probably out. Oh well.

Adult Link Guest

Exclamation

Try skipping the training then walking across were the bridge is supposed to be...

Maybe it's just another graphic glitch...

soilent green Guest

dont know what to tell you, i have banjo kazooie and about 55-60 other n64 roms i use on pj64 v1.5 b1 and they present little or no problems. try looking for vid. plugins for what ever emu you use. and i strongly advise you to get pj64 v1.5 beta1 if your system run it.

JadeSaber Guest

Ok, guys, I haven't checked this thread in a LONG time because I gave up on it.
    I tried skipping the training. The bridge IS there while I climb the spiral. The bridge totally vanishes when I get to the top.

And PJ64 doesn't run very well with my ATi Rage. I get the deep fried Mario effect and it runs pretty slow. I am sticking with SupraHLE (which has tons of options for glide wrappers) until I get a new computer. This computer is making me want to cry. Warcraft III is even having some trouble. I was hoping it would run since I can get Jedi Outcast running very well. But WCIII is just kinda jumpy. Smooth for a few seconds, then there is a little stutter where things jump ahead.

Anything with Direct is going to be a bit choppy for me. If I can get it into Glide, I can get it running a little better.

So, the way it stands, the games that work well on SupraHLE will work great for me. No problems there. If they don't then I really don't have much else to work with. So I am not worried about it.