Thread: Controller problems. 2 Quick questions if anyone knows...

JadeSaber Guest

Question Controller problems. 2 Quick questions if anyone knows...

I have really been getting into this N64 emulation and have had WONDERFUL success with SupraHLE! The graphics and sound are PERFECT on Mario 64 and Mario Kart 64!
    I just have a couple of small questions for anyone who can answer:
    1) I only have a 6 button controller which is sufficient for alot of the games, but is there a way to configure the emulator to use a game controller AND keyboard at the same time like ZSNES?

2) This one is not so much emulator related but I haven't figured out what the deal is. When I try to calibrate my gamepads (4 or six button) using the Control Panel game options, the crosshairs do not stay centered but jitter around just a little. What this does in Mario 64 is you can leave Mario standing still and he just suddenly changes direction for no reason, sometimes even taking a step. It makes it also a bit hard to control in precise situations.
    I am using Win98, which does not come with any generic drivers for six button gamepads, but the four button controller does the same.
    I know what you are saying...find the right driver. But I don't think it is the controller's driver as I have a 6 button joystick with its own driver and even it does the same thing.
    Anybody know what the frick is going on? Is there a fix for Windows 98 that will remedy the situation?

Drago Guest

I have no idea, But you can ask someone on
    http://emunin64.emuhelp.com/suprahle.html

And there's a plug in section here
    http://www.wwemu.com

Good luck

Thanks

I suggest to u buy the adaptoid to N64 controller or build ur own too....download the specific driver and go on....digital controller to N64 just work with games doesn t need analog accurtating...I have my PSX controlller connected to PC and works fast and fine...the adapter is easy to build...for N64 I have the smae but is some more complicate...but still u cna buy an adaptoid for u...and I dont know too much about SupraHLE or UltraHLE..because I am a prj64 user...
    [ AzarieL ]