Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Using a PS3 Controller On An Emulator

Thanks
    EP Points

Try using myMC to import save file into PCSX2 memory card.

I believe it can also be done through the Save Game Manager.

Thanks

Unfortunately, the .m32 format is not recognized by the myMC converter. It only recognizes .cbs, .psu, .max, .sps, .xps. What program do I need to use to convert the .m32 into .ps1 and .ps2 save files for the emulators?
    Last edited by Jiang Jinn; 23rd-January-2011 at 10:09.

Thanks
    EP Points

So, are you able to install the FMCB into your PS2 Memory Card? and able to Run it?

If yes, insert your Thumbdrive/USB Drive into the PS2 USB Slot, and launch uLaunchELF from the browser.
    On the first screen, press O to go to FileBrowser, then navigate only mc0:/ and mc1:/ where you PS2 save files were stored,
    and mass:/ for your Thumbdrive/USB Drive directory.
    Just copy the save file from the Memory Cards directory to your USB Drive, by following the buttons at the bottom.

Thanks

No I did not use FMCB or ulaunch, I merely inserted the memor32 card directly to the PS2 and copied the files to the card before transferring the data via memor32SVGM into my CPU. The only problem is that the myMC does not recognize the copied files.

Thanks
    EP Points

I'm not sure how Memor32 works, but by using uLaunchELF, you can transfer the actual PS2 save files to the PC and then port it over into the PCSX2 Memory Card using myMC(or other tools)
    But, like I said before, if you don't want to install FMCB, pretty sure you can still port it over through SGM, and if the process include converting the save files from .psu to .m32,
    I suggest do the uLaunchELF, which only take a minute or so.

Thanks

No, I am doing the opposite. I am converting .m32 to .psu.

Thanks
    EP Points

You should be getting .psu(and some other) files when transferring it from your PS2 memory card, since you're getting .m32 instead of that,
    I believe the files were somehow converted during the process.

Why don't you just try what I had suggested previously?

Thanks

Actually I converted the files to .m32 because before the conversion, they were simply regarded as "FILE" without any application extensions. And when I tried converting these unidentified files into .ps2 files, they were not recognized by the myMC program.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,387 Times in 124 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jiang Jinn View Post
    The instructions say that the ulauncher must be installed into a PS2 memory card but how can that be possible if a PC is not even equipped with a socket and interface to allow Playstation memory cards to be plugged in?
    No you don't need a USB MCs need an adapter and just pasting them that way would get your files corrupt (you must install w/ a ualaunch CD iso or my easy installerISO) just sensor mod your PS2 slim (trust me, putting some electrical tape over the sensors isn't that difficult lol) and/or do the cog swap method for the phat to swap w/ SM or those cheat devices for swapping a CD (swapmagic reccomended as it's way cheaper). Then get the FMCB installer ISO from my thread:

http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...ad-Mediafire-*

burn it to CD only!

after you burn it to a disc boot the swap magic CD and swap/cog swap it w/ the burned CD w/ the ISO I made from the noobie package taken from SKSapps. Then just install it, done, you can now boot elf files and no longer need your swap magic (though I'd keep it for future modding lol).
    Last edited by Destrudo; 23rd-January-2011 at 23:47.
    My inbox IS NOT A REQUEST BOX , if you want to make requests maybe do it here? Someone w/ working links might help you there (I don't do requests obviously, however, feel free to let me know if a DLC file doesn't work* and needs an update ) *ex:"container error"

How to use DLC files? Use Jdownloader
    Still looking for PS2 undubs by any chance? Try searching "PS2 undub project 2.6" @ google, it's hard to miss and you can maybe find most of em in a single search/post .

Thanks

Have you read my latest reply:

Actually I converted the files to .m32 because before the conversion, they were simply regarded as "FILE" without any application extensions. And when I tried converting these unidentified files into .ps2 files, they were not recognized by the myMC program.

Thanks
    EP Points

If there are no extensions for it, try putting .psu or something into it, and try tinker around with some of the SVGM functions.

Really, why don't you just do what I had told you?
    Last edited by meganova; 26th-January-2011 at 12:40.

Thanks

I tried adding extensions to the files but it still does not work. The memor32 developers said that the memor32 program is not for importing save files into emulators but only for backing them up on CPU's. So instead of using memor32, is it possible to download a different program that can be run on the CPU, recognize the memor32 card and then convert the files into a type that is recognized by myMC?

Thanks

To simplify this problem all I need is a download link to a save game manager that will convert the save files into any of the following extensions: .cbs, .psu, .max, .sps, .xps. I will then connect my memor32 card into the CPU and use that software instead of the memor32 software to copy and import the files into the emulator.

Thanks
    EP Points

Afaik, there are no existing program that can convert the .m32 to other files, and SVGM can only read .m32 and max files.

Your only option is to use uLaunchELF.

Thanks

Well .max is an acceptable format so all I need is a program that will copy the files from the memor32 card, and save it as a max type file so that I can import it to the emulator.