Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Using a PS3 Controller On An Emulator

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by rok124 View Post

i use this to work a ps3 controller onto a PC
    Those drivers don't work on 64-bit OS. At least, as far as I'm aware.

Thanks

No, they work plug and play. As soon as I inserted the PS3 controller into a USB slot, it was instantly recognized and all I needed to do to configure the controls for the emulators was click on the buttons on the virtual game pad with a mouse and then press the button on the PS3 controller that I would like to be assigned to the virtual controls and that was it.

The real problem I am having is the fact that I cannot insert the PS2 memory card to the PC which is why I need a PS2 compliant USB stick to copy the memory card files to the PC. My memory card looks like this and is definitely not a USB stick:

I did some research and found out that the PS2 has a network adapter for internet so maybe I have to download the file management software directly to the PS2 to allow USB access but the problem is network adapters were phased out with the rise of PS3's so I cannot get access to it. Is there a way to make the software run via the USB stick only?
    Last edited by Jiang Jinn; 1st-January-2011 at 02:35.

Thanks
    EP Points

Question.
    Did you actually read the whole tutorials?

If you did, you only need to put your memory card onto your PS2, plug-in your USB stick into the USB slot on the PS2, copy the boot files over the memory card by using any of the boot methods that available for you, and launch the FMCB.

Thanks

You mean copy the files from the USB stick to the memory card? Is it not possible to boot the ulaunch program from the USB stick and then directly copy the files using the browser from memory card to USB?

Thanks
    EP Points

No, its not possible.
    Nothing happen if you just plug the USB stick onto the PS2, that's why you need FMCB(or Codebreaker disc, etc).

Thanks

Where do I copy FMCB? Do I copy it to a CD and then place it into the CD reader of the PS2 while simultaneously plugging in the USB stick that carries ulauncher? Will the PS2 then load the FMCB in the disc and then activate the ulauncher of the USB stick and only then can files be copied to the USB stick?

Thanks
    EP Points

Are you trying to do the CD Burn method?
    If yes, you don't have to use USB stick to copy the boot files over, the burned CD will do the thing, only if you have the modded PS2.

Thanks

So you mean the boot files need to be copied from an external source such as a CD or USB stick into the memory card and the program will run from the memory card? Also, the PS2 needs a modified chip set for this to work?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Do you have ANY of the following:
    Action Replay Max
    Code Breaker
    Gameshark
    Swap Magic
    Memor32
    HDLoader/HDAdvance (and the network adapter)
    007 Agent Under Fire or 007 From Russia With Love

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jiang Jinn View Post
    So you mean the boot files need to be copied from an external source such as a CD or USB stick into the memory card and the program will run from the memory card? Also, the PS2 needs a modified chip set for this to work?
    Not really, but if you have any of these...

Quote Originally Posted by Shardnax View Post
    Do you have ANY of the following:
    Action Replay Max
    Code Breaker
    Gameshark
    Swap Magic
    Memor32
    HDLoader/HDAdvance (and the network adapter)
    007 Agent Under Fire or 007 From Russia With Love
    .. or modded PS2, then, you can start doing it.

Thanks

I noticed that four out of the eight items mentioned are cheat programs stored in CD's and I have no idea how such items can facilitate file management. Also, I cannot use the HD loader/advance because my current PS2 which is a fat model equipped with a hard drive expansion bay was damaged beyond repair while retail stores only sell the slim model nowadays which does not have a hard drive bay inserted into it. I also do not know why two James Bond films were mentioned since it seems completely irrelevant to my problem.

The memor32 seems to be the easiest solution to my problem because it has plugs for both the memory card slot of a PS2 and a USB port so all I need to do is plug it into the PS2, copy the game saves into it, and then copy the game saves into the PC. The only problem is where can I possibly find such an item? In what countries is this item distributed?
    Last edited by Jiang Jinn; 2nd-January-2011 at 16:14.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Jiang Jinn View Post
    I noticed that four out of the eight items mentioned are cheat programs stored in CD's and I have no idea how such items can facilitate file management. Also, I cannot use the HD loader/advance because my current PS2 which is a fat model equipped with a hard drive expansion bay was damaged beyond repair while retail stores only sell the slim model nowadays which does not have a hard drive bay inserted into it. I also do not know why two James Bond films were mentioned since it seems completely irrelevant to my problem.

The memor32 seems to be the easiest solution to my problem because it has plugs for both the memory card slot of a PS2 and a USB port so all I need to do is plug it into the PS2, copy the game saves into it, and then copy the game saves into the PC. The only problem is where can I possibly find such an item? In what countries is this item distributed?
    You should have said you didn't read any of the tutorials on SKSApps sooner. You can use either of those Bond games to install FMCB, this tutorial talks all about it.

Getting around to it... | Available via Retroshare 16/7.

Thanks

Would it not be easier to just use memor32 since it does not require any other software except the drivers for the PC?

Thanks
    EP Points

If you have it, then follow the Memor32 guide.
    If not, you have to use other method.

Thanks

I have purchased the memor32 memory card and copied the files into my computer using the memor32 driver. Now how do I insert the .m32 save files into the 8MB .ps2 files of the emulator to load the files?