Thread: How do i set up a ftp?

USA, the best damm place in the world, always and forever
    Thanks

Default How TO set up a ftp.

I have sucessfully set a ftp. And its not that hard either. If you want to share your roms, isos, or whatever, heres how:
    First off you can have a ftp with only 56k dial-up, but it will be very slow, so i recomend something faster(DLS, cable, ect.) Now DL a ftp server program, i have tried a few programs and i like GuildFTPd the best so far, why u ask? because its freeware and it is fairly easy to use. You can DL this program from www.downloads.com After you decide on a server program, configure it to your likeing. This is usually fairly simple, read the help file if you need to. And make sure you dont allow your whole hard drive to be allowed to DL. (i made this mistake) After it is all setup, post your ftp server address, login, and password on the FTP thread. There u go! Now you can share your files with everyone.
    Last edited by jerome187; 19th-June-2002 at 02:21.

www.PacificMods.com

Selling modchip installation services, premodified consoles, and other cool stuff. Low costs and high quality products and services.

Ace Guest

i don't know a lot about it but first you'll need a program like Serv-U.

Thanks

hey ace i havend see�n you much around the boards laitly how come

Ace Guest

Originally posted by imortalfantasy
    hey ace i havend see�n you much around the boards laitly how come
    because i'm back on 64K connection i used to have cable , But i'll try to get my cable connection back asap.