Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: FTP Servers [Comments]

Thanks

Ah. Well from that post I don't think he wants his FTP posted anyhow. =)
    -Mason Gray: Less vowels, same great consonant taste.

Tal Guest

Default Time for a really dumb question

This is probably a really dumb question, but for the benefit of anyone (like me) who has never downloaded an ISO before, could some good sport briefly explain:

a) What an ISO is? What do the letters stand for?
    b) How big are they and how long does it take to download them?
    c) Once you've got them can you play them on an emu right from your hard drive, or do you have to 'burn' them onto CD-rom?

Life is all about discovery, isn't it?

Keep it real.

Thanks

(Correct me if I'm wrong)

An ISO is an identical copy of a CD in one file. In this site it is mainly used to indicate Playstation 1 games. Once you download an ISO, you can burn it on a CD-R, and play it on your computer with a PSX emulator, or you could play it on a Modded Playstation. Modded Playstations are Playstations with a MOD-Chip in them. It allow them to read CD-R's and imported games.

A PSX ISO really varies in size. Usually it's around 700mb per CD. PSX game developers tend to fill up the entire CD. Compressed it will be a slight bit less. Let's say a bit more than half.

You can play them from your HD aswell, but you'll need a certain emulator called ePSXe or something...

CloudX Guest

Correct except for one thing. An ISO mlike you said is a complete cd in a format that is slightly smaller and can be reburned onto cd-R. Its not just mainly for playstation games but for any cd! I have real ISO's on my Server. others have files like cue, bin and img. you turn these into readable info when you burn them using something like clone cd.

dharh Guest

dharh.no-ip.org has been created.

zero666 Guest

Default ftps

i cant connect to dharhs,cloudxs or astroducks servers. i type in all the info but it still doesnt connect ever. i'm using a trial version of cuteftp. Am i doing something wrong?

dharh Guest

Most likely the servers are either down or full. My server isn't down, but it has been full all day.

zero666 Guest

on FTP Voyager, how do i change the port. I cant find an option to change it.:nosmile:

CloudX Guest

thats weird my server is never full it usually has like 18 slots left (of the 30 + 1 special for Astroduck) are you sure your typing the info right? all you do is put the addrewss Ex: 24.150.112.79 not Cloudx.24.150.112.79.ftp never do that

SomeUserGuy Guest

just to let you know, in case you didn't read my post on another thread, my ftp isn't currently on right now due to me being home and not on my university connection.

Thanks

when its up i get bushido hopefully

Thanks

Originally posted by dharh
    dharh.no-ip.org has been created.
    hey Dharh, can you create a special slot for me?? I will make a special slot for you if you want.

They are hot, aren't they??

CloudX Guest

Astroduck can hold to his word he gace me one!! and Astroduck are you going to make the tutorial? :goodfrien

xgamer Guest

heres my server details

psxgod.ath.cx
    l: emuparadise
    p: emuparadise
    port: 21

uptimes:
    8pm to 6am PST

2 users max, no uploads please. (upstream is slow as heck)

Tal Guest

Default Definitions of the impossible

Some things in life are just impossible aren't they? Like sticking your ass out of a window, then going outside to throw stones at it. That's what my daddy used to say. Oh, and getting onto one of these servers too, that's impossible as well.

Party on dudes!

Attached Images Attached Images