Thread: Too much shrooms and GnR (or, Drageuth -- and guest -- LP the Megaman X series)*

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Default Too much shrooms and GnR (or, Drageuth -- and guest -- LP the Megaman X series)*

Yeah... I don't know what's up with the title at all...

1. Mega Man X
    2. Mega Man X2
    3. Mega Man X3
    4. Mega Man X4

I should have clarified this in the title, but honestly I don't care about nitpickers. I don't plan on doing X7 or X8, at least not at this point. I don't have a PS2, nor do I have a laptop fast enough to run a PS2 emulator and record at the same time. Therefore, I'm going to skip past those two games and pretend they don't exist -- which, by the sounds of it, is a common trait among a lot of MMX fans.
    Last edited by Drageuth; 10th-January-2011 at 22:59.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Drageuth View Post
    Yeah... I don't know what's up with the title at all...

1. Mega Man X
    2. Mega Man X2
    3. Mega Man X3
    4. Mega Man X4
    5. Mega Man X5
    6. Mega Man X6

I should have clarified this in the title, but honestly I don't care about nitpickers. I don't plan on doing X7 or X8, at least not at this point. I don't have a PS2, nor do I have a laptop fast enough to run a PS2 emulator and record at the same time. Therefore, I'm going to skip past those two games and pretend they don't exist -- which, by the sounds of it, is a common trait among a lot of MMX fans.
    X8 is on the PC and it actually runs smoothly for a port without needing a beefy setup. I played it on my old laptop fine.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

And on to MMX. Easily my favorite Mega Man game ever. It massively increases the control over Mega Man, includes more "collecting" than any other game (getting all the heart tanks, sub tanks, and armour pieces, etc), has some of the cooler Mavericks and enemies, and finally introduces a new Big Baddy (Sigma). Also, the storyline is more "mature" than the original series -- X is like MM's teenage version.

Anyways, a few notes about this recording: Unlike most of my LPs that I've done for this series, I actually did this one over a span of two weeks. I played the first few levels with my son (more on that later), then went and finished MM7 and MM8 before coming back to it. I wanted to go in something of an "order," but when I felt like making an LP with my son this was the only game I really wanted to attempt with him around. One of the reasons I wanted to do this was to show why some people stop playing video games after they have a kid. It's... somewhat distracting.

So, since the first three videos feature him, I should make a note: You might want to turn the volume down a bit while watching the first three videos. I tried my best to turn the volume down where I could, but they are quite loud at spots. And yes, that is why I rarely play games while he is around.

Mega Man X :: Intro, Chill Penguin :: Featuring Guest!

Mega Man X :: Spark Mandrill, Armored Armadillo :: Featuring Guest!

Mega Man X :: Launch Octopus, Boomer Kuwanger :: Featuring Guest!

Mega Man X :: Storm Eagle, Sting Chameleon

Mega Man X :: Flame Mammoth, Collecting

Mega Man X :: Sigma's Fortress 1 & 2

Mega Man X :: Sigma's Fortress 2 & 3

Mega Man X :: Final Battle: Sigma

Also, that little ledge that I land on in Armored Armadillo's level is where you get a super secret upgrade. You need to get there with all of the heart tanks, sub tanks, weapons, and armour upgrades. Then, you need to visit that ledge five times. The easiest way to do this is to stock up on lives, visit that ledge, and if the capsule isn't there, jump into the pit and go back.

Spoiler warning:

Quote Originally Posted by Colamisu
    Just so you know, the change in Spark Mandrill's stage is actually from killing Storm Eagle. The ship lands on Mandrill's stage, effectively. Also, needs more HADOKIE on Sigma and the dog.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drageuth
    Yeah, I realized that after I recorded that video. And I didn't have the energy to get the hadouken.
    Quote Originally Posted by Colamisu
    It's alright, it's far too difficult to actually hit them with anyways. But still better than the shoryuken in X2. AKA "Hey, we're going to put spikes on the ceilings just so you'll die if you kill them with the special you just learned."

This was as far as I was able to recover with the cache. So no more "previous comments" or anything like that in the upcoming videos.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by MexiSnake View Post
    X8 is on the PC and it actually runs smoothly for a port without needing a beefy setup. I played it on my old laptop fine.
    I'm not overly interested in playing the PC version, however. At least, not at this particular point, since I would have to download a warez copy in order to play them, and I actually don't particularly enjoy download PC games. I may attempt it later on, but for the moment, I'm not all that interested in playing them.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

OH FUCK IT'S X2!

Mega Man X2 :: Intro, Wire Sponge, Wheel Gator, Violen

Mega Man X2 :: Overdrive Ostrich, Agile, Bubble Crab

Mega Man X2 :: Serges, Morph Moth, Flame Stage

Mega Man X2 :: Magna Centipede, Crystal Snail

Mega Man X2 :: Crystal Snail, Collecting

Mega Man X2 :: Collecting, Violen Fortress, Serges Fortress

Mega Man X2 :: Serges, Agile Fortress

Mega Man X2 :: Agile, Teleport Hatches Part 1

Mega Man X2 :: Teleport Hatches Part 2, Sigma

Mega Man X2 :: Sigma

Also, as a side note, I just watched a guy do a no hit run of this game (mostly I just watched the final battle, to see if it could be done). In the final form of Sigma, it appears that the way to dodge his attack when he started to butt-fuck me at the end (where he wraps his head around your body and traps you in there) is to dash at the last second that he appears, and he won't do that. It's only if you're standing still and he manages to fully appear around your body that he will do that attack. It takes a bit of timing, but apparently it can be done.
    Last edited by Drageuth; 24th-December-2010 at 06:35.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Aaaaaannnnnndddddd re-upping X3. God I'm tired of putting up these videos.

Mega Man X3 :: Intro, Toxic Seahorse, Tunnel Rhino

Mega Man X3 :: Tunnel Rhino, Vile

Mega Man X3 :: Vile, Bit, Volt Catfish

Mega Man X3 :: Collecting, Crush Crawfish

Mega Man X3 :: Neon Tiger, Gravity Beetle

Mega Man X3 :: Blast Hornet, Blizzard Buffalo

Mega Man X3 :: Doppler Stage 1, Doppler Stage 2

Mega Man X3 :: Doppler Stage 2, Teleporting Hatches

Mega Man X3 :: Sigma

A side-note. That "thing" that I attempted to do with Zero, in the second stage of Doppler's Fortress, only works when you completely destroy Vile before getting to the fortress (you have to use the Spinning Blades to destroy him). Then you will battle a mini-boss in that room, and if you destroy it with Zero, the ceiling will fall down on him and he will be out of commission. However, you will go into a cut scene where Zero hands X his Z-Saber. However, you won't be able to use Zero again after that.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

So, after about three weeks of a hiatus due to the holidays, family coming out to visit, addition of a new roommate to the household, and me just generally forgetting that I still had MMX4 to convert, they are finally up! Yes, Ray can rejoice.

A couple of notes:
    • I played through as Zero this time, mainly to do something a bit different. And Zero is a lot of fun to play with
    • The collection montage at the end of the Magma Dragoon video is kind of... jarring.
    • There was a desyncing issue with the audio somewhere in the battle with the General. I don't know what happened, but I couldn't be arsed to try and work around it.
    • This is the last X series game that I'm going to do for now. I fucking loathe X5 and X6, and like to pretend that there aren't any games beyond this one. So this will be the last entry in this particular "series" for now, although I may come back to it at a much later date just to round it off. However, until then I'm going to finish the original Mega Man series, namely 9 and 10.

Intro, Frost Walrus

Web Spider, Split Mushroom

Split Mushroom, Jet Stingray

Jet Stingray, Slash Beast

Cyber Peacock, Storm Owl

Magma Dragoon, Collecting

Spaceport, Sigma Fortress 1

Sigma Fortress 1, Sigma Fortress 2

Teleporting Hatches

Sigma

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Sudden irony moment: Zero actually has a buster. He has a better buster than X. Yet he barely ever uses the damn thing from this point forward. Which is extra funny because he didn't have the saber until X2. Dammit Zero.

Slash Beast and Slash man. Capcom was clearly running out of ideas around this point.

Yes, Magma Dragoon was saying what you thought he was. He's a reference to Akuma FUCKING MAGNETS.

And it's usually called either the Z Saber or the Z Saver. Depending on how much of a dipshit the person doing the translating/the fan in question is.

As for that weird ass bullshit Iris was holding, fucked if I know. But it's probably either that weird space crap from MM8, the thing that eventually replaces Sigma as the antagonist of the X series/the zero series/the time period between the X & Zero series, or some sort of missing link between the two. It's hard to tell because PURPLE IS THE COLOR OF EVIL.