Thread: PSX Raw Converter + PSX Game Edit

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Default PSX Raw Converter + PSX Game Edit

This was originally posted by Colamisu. He, and the tutorial, were removed with the rollback. Cola, if you return and would like to claim this, then just pop me or any of the other mods a PM and we'll get it sorted out for you. This is more of an "information saving" mission at the moment, before all of the cache pages disappear.

----------

Two discontinued utilities; PSX Raw Converter will convert raw, extensionless PS1 saves from the format uLaunchELF gives them into .mcs format, which can then be read by PSX Game Edit to import them into ePSXe or pSX memory cards. And vice versa. Thus, we have a solution to the "multi-disc game" problem in the ability to transfer a save to your computer, play through the disc change in ePSXe, then transfer the save back.

This requires a way to run uLaunchElf (FMCB, Swap Magic, etc.) and a PS2 compatible flash drive.

To transfer saves from the memory card:
    1. Run uLaunchELF and copy the save you wish to use from the PS1 memory card onto your flash drive (the file name will be something like BASLUS-00134RAYMAN with no extension).
    2. On your computer, drag and drop that file onto PSXRC.exe, provided in one of the archives below. It will spit out a .mcs file in the same folder as the original file.
    3. Run PSXGameEdit.exe, provided in the other archive below, and hit File->Open MemCard Image to open your ePSXe or pSX memory card.
    4. Open the .mcs file that was spit out by PSXRC.
    5. Hit File->Save MemCard Image in PSX Game Edit.
    6. The resulting file will have a ".mc" extension. If you just change it to ".mcr" it will be compatible with ePSXe.

To transfer saves to the memory card:
    1. Run PSX Game Edit and hit File->Open MemCard Image, then open your ePSXe/pSXfin memory card file.
    2. Select the save you wish to export (the bubble next to it) and hit File->Save Single Game Save. The filename is irrelevant, just make sure to save as .mcs
    3. Drag and drop the .mcs file onto PSXRC.exe, then move the extensionless file it spits out onto your flash drive.
    4. Put the flash drive in the PS2 and run uLaunchElf. Copy the file from your flash drive into the root of your PS1 memory card, and you're done!
    Last edited by Drageuth; 23rd-December-2010 at 01:45.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Drageuth For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

I'll just pop in to attach and post a quick comment:

MemcardRex (also attached) is a slightly more user-friendly program that can do the same thing on the computer side. You'll still have to follow the same procedure to get the file to your computer, but MemcardRex can handle more file types, including raws. I haven't used it myself, so I can't give a procedure on that.

PSXGameEdit (psxge160.zip) was taken from its author's site.
    MemcardRex (MemcardRex 1.4.zip) was taken from its author's site.

PSX Raw Converter is the final file, psxrcv11.zip
    Attached Files Attached Files

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Colamisu For This Useful Post: