Page 90 of 145 FirstFirst ... 40808586878889909192939495100140 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 2167

Thread: Forgot the name of a game? Post here.

Thanks
    EP Points

Hello,

I am looking for a PC game that I played many years ago. I'm not sure if it was a DOS game or not, but it would most likely have been released in the early 1990s since I clearly remember playing it in 1995-1996.

This is a puzzle-type game where you are in a mine and need to get some minerals out. You are given certain tools or objects (can't remember if there are any machines you get or not) to accomplish this task. Once you complete one level, you move onto the next one.

I don't remember there being any enemies involved.

Does anyone have an idea on what game I am trying to find?

Thanks!

UNSOLVED

Elmdor Rizer is offline Official Chronicler of EP
    Unofficial Chronicler of your underwear drawer
    Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by pgyrund View Post
    Hello,

I am looking for a PC game that I played many years ago. I'm not sure if it was a DOS game or not, but it would most likely have been released in the early 1990s since I clearly remember playing it in 1995-1996.

This is a puzzle-type game where you are in a mine and need to get some minerals out. You are given certain tools or objects (can't remember if there are any machines you get or not) to accomplish this task. Once you complete one level, you move onto the next one.

I don't remember there being any enemies involved.

Does anyone have an idea on what game I am trying to find?

Thanks!

UNSOLVED
    I remember playing a game sort of like that. You were in the brain of... some old geezer, and there were various tasks for you to do. One had, like, mine carts or trains in it as I recall it. Another had... something to do with music notes. Anyways, in the game I played you were supposed to everything until all the different brain areas had been, like, 100 % recharged or whatever. Does this seem at all familiar?

Michael Ballack, he scores free-kicks.
    He's got black hair, and he's german.
    Michael Ballack, trains in paddocks.
    in his spare time, HE FARMS HADDOCKS!
    Watch me play Super C, guys!!

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Elmdor Rizer View Post
    I remember playing a game sort of like that. You were in the brain of... some old geezer, and there were various tasks for you to do. One had, like, mine carts or trains in it as I recall it. Another had... something to do with music notes. Anyways, in the game I played you were supposed to everything until all the different brain areas had been, like, 100 % recharged or whatever. Does this seem at all familiar?
    Sounds like on of the Dr. Brain games by Sierra.

Elmdor Rizer is offline Official Chronicler of EP
    Unofficial Chronicler of your underwear drawer
    Thanks
    EP Points

That's exactly it, yes.

Michael Ballack, he scores free-kicks.
    He's got black hair, and he's german.
    Michael Ballack, trains in paddocks.
    in his spare time, HE FARMS HADDOCKS!
    Watch me play Super C, guys!!

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Elmdor Rizer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaladane View Post
    Sounds like on of the Dr. Brain games by Sierra.

Unfortunately, that is not the game I am looking for. I remember trying to get minerals or other valuables out of a mine with certain tools you were given on each level. There weren't other different types of objectives like on the above-mentioned game.

Does anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks

Curses, Thank you, thank you! I must have had my consoles mixed up, or Alzheimers is kicking in at 22. Because now that you mention their names, that was totally the game I was thinking of Hmmm, I wonder if it's as fun now as it was then.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by pgyrund View Post
    Unfortunately, that is not the game I am looking for. I remember trying to get minerals or other valuables out of a mine with certain tools you were given on each level. There weren't other different types of objectives like on the above-mentioned game.

Does anyone have any other ideas?
    I'm 99% certain this isn't it, since it doesn't have levels, but was it something similar to this?

VGA Miner:
    Spoiler warning:

Basic playstyle is that of other mining games. You dig down, find minerals, return to the surface to sell and buy better gear/items, rinse, repeat.

If that's not the case, was it something closer to The Incredible Machine, where you have to set up a Rube Goldberg machine to send minerals back out of the mine?

If you remember what the perspective was, that would probably be helpful. I know you mentioned that you don't recall there being enemies. That and the age would imply to me that it's a side view game, like most puzzle platformers, and that you have a character that you can see.

Thanks

I've been looking for this game that I used to play on sega ( don't remember exact version). that was a sort of "3D platform" game. just like a platform game but the "up" and "down" arrow moves the character in width of road oriented left-right. the game had a mechanical theme. and the player could choose between (3? not sure) several characters which each had special abilities which the player had to use to complete levels and defeat bosses. I remember 2 characters:
    1-old guy with long white hair and a relatively larger upper body than lower body and had primitive clothing. his move was to push his head and chest forward and blow a storm in front of him using his mouth.
    2-a grey/black mechanical dog/wolf. it's move was ducking and send fireballs forwards and backwards(right and left of screen), another move was a forward slide/teleportation attack.

this is all I remember from the game

Thanks

It was a SNES game, action 2D. It's a storyline about shogun who use his fan and the prince who use the rose as a weapon. there're also special power-up that turn these guys into muscle builders and smash the enemies. I can't remember the name and i think it's japanese. Is there anyone who ever played this game?

Thank you for your kindness in advance. I'm busy think about this game for a moment.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by nut44574 View Post
    It was a SNES game, action 2D. It's a storyline about shogun who use his fan and the prince who use the rose as a weapon. there're also special power-up that turn these guys into muscle builders and smash the enemies. I can't remember the name and i think it's japanese. Is there anyone who ever played this game?

Thank you for your kindness in advance. I'm busy think about this game for a moment.

Sengoku Denshou
    ?

The password for my upload's is "caidsncer". If you love my uploads,then hit the "THANX" button.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Varun Highwind For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Varun Highwind View Post
    Sorry but this is not the exact game i'm looking for. It's more cartoonist than this. Two of our players are smaller person than the enemies especially the boss. It's the adventure game 2D screen like a Pocky-Rocky (sth like that).

Thanks
    EP Points

Sorry but this is not the exact game i'm looking for. It's more cartoonist than this. Two of our players are smaller person than the enemies especially the boss. It's the adventure game 2D screen like a Pocky-Rocky (sth like that).
    What was the perspective of the game? Top-Down,Isometric,Side Scrolling etc.??

The password for my upload's is "caidsncer". If you love my uploads,then hit the "THANX" button.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Varun Highwind View Post
    What was the perspective of the game? Top-Down,Isometric,Side Scrolling etc.??
    most of them are top-down.

I found it !!!!!
    http://www.emuparadise.me/Super_Nint..._(Japan)/33440

Thanks for your time
    Last edited by deadlegion; 3rd-February-2013 at 10:12. Reason: posts merged

15. The Following User Says Thank You to nut44574 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

most of them are top-down.

I found it !!!!!
    http://www.emuparadise.me/Super_Nint..._(Japan)/33440

Thanks for your time
    A new undiscovered game. THanx for this dude.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Colamisu View Post
    I'm 99% certain this isn't it, since it doesn't have levels, but was it something similar to this?

VGA Miner:
    Spoiler warning:

Basic playstyle is that of other mining games. You dig down, find minerals, return to the surface to sell and buy better gear/items, rinse, repeat.

If that's not the case, was it something closer to The Incredible Machine, where you have to set up a Rube Goldberg machine to send minerals back out of the mine?

If you remember what the perspective was, that would probably be helpful. I know you mentioned that you don't recall there being enemies. That and the age would imply to me that it's a side view game, like most puzzle platformers, and that you have a character that you can see.

Thank you for your response. However, this is not the game I am looking for. You were an actual person in the mines (or maybe caves would be a better description, now that I think about it) using tools or machinery to get valuables out. It was in a 2-D perspective/view. I don't remember there being any monetary system where you do anything with the valuables you get out.

Does that information help at all? Is there anything else I can provide?