Page 9 of 145 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141959109 ... LastLast

Thread: Forgot the name of a game? Post here.

Thanks

I already have a unsolved issue here, but I just remembered this game. It's a 2D adventure game set on a planet with aliens (mars maybe?), where you go through stages to collect parts for your spaceship. You play as an astronaut and go around shooting aliens. Me and my mom played this game on the PC many years ago, and these are the only details I can remember.

SOLVED (Still one unsolved though)
    Last edited by Expot; 24th-February-2011 at 09:18.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Sounds like Commander Keen.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Drageuth View Post
    Sounds like Commander Keen.
    That's it, Thank you. Awesome

Thanks
    EP Points

ok, i have a game, it was a demo from playstation underground disc along with some others (plus a code for the very first spyro game would appear). in the demo your in some woods and there are portals. i forget the rest after that because it was so long ago

Thanks

It was for ps2 I think, well it had a playstation controller couldn't see the actual console but judging by graphics I would say ps2

Thanks
    Blog Entries

looking for a ps1 game, you play as an alligator looking for puffballs, I think it has a sequel, which is what I'm looking for.
    also, that gba game with the solar sensor and any sequels, as well as any patch that will allow the game to use the sunlight feature

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Illora View Post
    looking for a ps1 game, you play as an alligator looking for puffballs, I think it has a sequel, which is what I'm looking for.
    also, that gba game with the solar sensor and any sequels, as well as any patch that will allow the game to use the sunlight feature
    the gba game is boktai

Thanks
    Blog Entries

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by garrendesares View Post
    ok, i have a game, it was a demo from playstation underground disc along with some others (plus a code for the very first spyro game would appear). in the demo your in some woods and there are portals. i forget the rest after that because it was so long ago
    that sounds like Crash Bandicoot 2..... but maybe not....
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 24th-February-2011 at 15:51. Reason: use the EDIT button!

Thanks

Croc 2?

Thanks

Looking for an arcade game that I played when I was 6. It starts out you get 1 spaceship, if you complete a level you get an additional spaceship that you control at the same time as the other(s). The game scrolls to the top of the screen, and the first boss is a dinosaur or dragon thingy. Then after each world you get a cool warp graphic... Please help I loved this game and only got to play it 3 times. as I moved around a lot when I was young. Oh by the way if it helps this was 15 years ago this summer.
    PS. there was a cool attack where all the ships combined and turned into a phoenix, then speed forward knocking into things.
    Last edited by heartofdestany; 24th-February-2011 at 16:51.

Thanks

I remember downloading this one game on the PC way back when I was little. The graphics were pixelated, and the object of the game was kind of like Tower of Druaga but with somewhat better graphics. To fight enemies you touch them, and take turns attacking (not like the final fantasy games where you choose your attack, it just takes turns fighting for you). You're in a dungeon and sometimes come across these big shrines that let you upgrade attack or defense, and the majority of the enemies in the beginning are blobs. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks
    EP Points

thanks

that sounds like Crash Bandicoot 2..... but maybe not....
    nah, i know crash bandicoot 2 and it wasnt that. it had the type of setting as a jrpg though i cant remember much

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Expot View Post
    Croc 2?
    thanks

Thanks

There is a computer game I used to have, but forgot the name after I got a new computer. I did ask this in Yahoo a couple years but no answer, so let's see if you guys can scratch my itch.

It was one of those games like Blockout but it had different good, neutral, and bad powerups that come out when your pinball destroys a certain block. The good powerups included things like making the pinball bigger, the paddle bigger, slowing down the pinball's speed, etc. Bad powerups including losing a paddle (life), making the paddle really small, the pinball going really fast, etc. Then the game had hundreds of puzzles to choose from in several categories and awesome music. I remember the title screen showed a checkered sphere spinning and the list of the powerups next to it.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Kamoodle View Post
    There is a computer game I used to have, but forgot the name after I got a new computer. I did ask this in Yahoo a couple years but no answer, so let's see if you guys can scratch my itch.

It was one of those games like Blockout but it had different good, neutral, and bad powerups that come out when your pinball destroys a certain block. The good powerups included things like making the pinball bigger, the paddle bigger, slowing down the pinball's speed, etc. Bad powerups including losing a paddle (life), making the paddle really small, the pinball going really fast, etc. Then the game had hundreds of puzzles to choose from in several categories and awesome music. I remember the title screen showed a checkered sphere spinning and the list of the powerups next to it.
    I'm pretty sure I've seen the one you're referring to, but I have no clue which it is. If you're looking for similar games, you can't go wrong with Arkanoid. Otherwise, I'd suggest looking through this list and checking for screenshots of each.

EDIT: Scratch that. Looking at the first few reveals it's most likely DX-Ball.