Page 63 of 145 FirstFirst ... 1353585960616263646566676873113 ... LastLast

Thread: Forgot the name of a game? Post here.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gyp-Luc Picard View Post
    Well if it was Zelda shouldn't that be easy to check?
    It would be easy, except I didn't know what I played it on.

Quote Originally Posted by Colamisu View Post
    That's Minish Cap. Only one I know of with a shrinking mechanic. And it's GBA, not DS.

Ah yes, that's it! I sure wish I could emulate GBA games on my DS. Either that or I still had my GBA flash cart.

Thanks

let's see if you can help me remember this game
    i don't quite remember what console i played it on, but by the graphics i remember it was SEGA or SNES

the game is a spaceship game, with a top overview levels and sidescrolling levels, the top overview ones were high paced and the objetive was to detroy some cannons/structures but there were also some metal bars that moved toward you as you approached the level "edges", you also collected a wide variety of weapons
    the sidescrolling levels were slower too

Thanks

Uh guys i remember playing this ps2 game but i dont remember the name of it but i remember that a partner of urs name is doro and the story is about i think 7 demons or demons took a boys human body parts then a man gives him like parts not doll parts then u fight and all that stuff and each boss u fight u get one of ur body parts and the cover of the game has a black background and the character plus when the boy was gonna fight one of the enemies he was given weapon parts please help me remember this game

Thanks

Alright... played this game long time ago..

What I remember is it's SNES you are a lil man with a jet Pack.. and you can go inside different kinds of robots each robot has different types of ability's one robot was a "ball" another one was this big dude who can make blocks underneath him to walk on...another robot had a like a turbo jet and he can use a chain... very coool fun game...
    Last edited by MemoryLapse; 5th-May-2012 at 05:56.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Drakkar View Post
    i don't quite remember what console i played it on, but by the graphics i remember it was SEGA or SNES

the game is a spaceship game, with a top overview levels and sidescrolling levels, the top overview ones were high paced and the objetive was to detroy some cannons/structures but there were also some metal bars that moved toward you as you approached the level "edges", you also collected a wide variety of weapons
    Saying "space ship shooter circa 1990" is like asking for a FPS today. There were so many!
    Maybe it's Thunder Force 2?

Quote Originally Posted by MemoryLapse View Post
    Alright... played this game long time ago..

What I remember is it's SNES you are a lil man with a jet Pack.. and you can go inside different kinds of robots each robot has different types of ability's one robot was a "ball" another one was this big dude who can make blocks underneath him to walk on...another robot had a like a turbo jet and he can use a chain... very coool fun game...
    Metal Warriors perhaps?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZTJ1guQwMo

Quote Originally Posted by Deatzly View Post
    The game I'm looking for is most likely for the Sega Saturn. It's one of those spaceship (I'm leaning towards side-scrolling but could've been vertical) games but I don't think you were fighting in space. You fought the first level boss over water/in the air, it was huge (took up whole screen) and had some kind of hooked tail thing. The second level was some kind of swamp. I wish I remembered more about it, I'd really like to play it. If anyone wants to throw suggestions at me (even multiple suggestions) that'd be awesome! Thanks.
    Same I told Drakkar, SEGA had a lot of shmups, moreso in the 90's.
    I don't know much about Saturn shooters (yet!), but I'm a big shmup fan with a hunch.
    Maybe it's Batsugun?

Three answers in a row, tell me I'm awesome
    Last edited by The Almighty MegaMan; 6th-May-2012 at 03:23.
    I am Mega Man, I'm blue and cyan - the creation of Dr Light (or Right, if you're from Japan)
    Also known as Rockman

My Mega Buster can cut the mustard, I'm a flustered amputee
    POW POW!
    Eight robot bosses in eight levels dishevel and revel in devilry,
    I'll steal their weaponry!

I am also known as the "Blue Bomber"
    I could shoot the legs off Jeffrey Dahmer
    Kill a robot fish, kill a robot frog,
    and then I ride off on my robot dog...

JOIN THE SHMUP MANIACS! Arcade & home console 2D shmups!

vThanks button, down herev

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I'm thinking "Axelay" for SNES. Amirite?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,801 Times in 288 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by pspdragon123 View Post
    Uh guys i remember playing this ps2 game but i dont remember the name of it but i remember that a partner of urs name is doro and the story is about i think 7 demons or demons took a boys human body parts then a man gives him like parts not doll parts then u fight and all that stuff and each boss u fight u get one of ur body parts and the cover of the game has a black background and the character plus when the boy was gonna fight one of the enemies he was given weapon parts please help me remember this game

Sounds like Blood Will Tell

Don' worry, it won't hurt... that much!

Thanks

Alright so i got 2 games.

First was on the sega genesis. It was a 2d game where you were in a small spaceship. The setting was underground(at least for the majority of the missions). The ship had thrusters you would use to maneuver the ship and when you werent using them it would fall to ground and eventually explode if not landed properly. You would also have to refuel the ship or it would crash to the ground. There were health(armor) and missile pickups as well. I remember the objectives of most of the maps was to pick up some small workers i believe and also retrieve some other type of pickup before returning to base. Also i remember the second mission had somewhat of a boss and it was a flying head with spikes on it and a face in the middle and 2 faces on the sides that would spit green fire balls at you. It also had a tail that would whip you around if it caught you. The beginning of the game also showed a somewhat elvis looking guy in a sort of mega man suit failing down a chute of some sort into the ship you were piloting.

Second. This game was on a ps1 demo disc. It was a side scrolling game where you would pilot a ship with guns. Similar to agies wing in the xbl arcade, but much faster paced and more of a futuristic-techno feel. You could pick up weapon attachments and the could be mounted to the ship and you could switch the picked up weapon from the top of the ship to the bottom if wanted. I think you could carry two attachments at a time. There was a moment i remember when you battled a big machine and the camera sort of tilted out of the side scrolling. Not completely though. It sort of went diagonally where you were half way between the side scrolling and behind the ship. Also had an amazing sound track..lol.

Thanks in advanced.

SOLVED! 1st is Sub-Terrania and 2nd is Einhander. Thanks manopelua!
    Last edited by Brandon West; 8th-May-2012 at 06:34.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon West View Post
    Alright so i got 2 games.

First was on the sega genesis. It was a 2d game where you were in a small spaceship. The setting was underground(at least for the majority of the missions). The ship had thrusters you would use to maneuver the ship and when you werent using them it would fall to ground and eventually explode if not landed properly. You would also have to refuel the ship or it would crash to the ground. There were health(armor) and missile pickups as well. I remember the objectives of most of the maps was to pick up some small workers i believe and also retrieve some other type of pickup before returning to base. Also i remember the second mission had somewhat of a boss and it was a flying head with spikes on it and a face in the middle and 2 faces on the sides that would spit green fire balls at you. It also had a tail that would whip you around if it caught you. The beginning of the game also showed a somewhat elvis looking guy in a sort of mega man suit failing down a chute of some sort into the ship you were piloting.

Second. This game was on a ps1 demo disc. It was a side scrolling game where you would pilot a ship with guns. Similar to agies wing in the xbl arcade, but much faster paced and more of a futuristic-techno feel. You could pick up weapon attachments and the could be mounted to the ship and you could switch the picked up weapon from the top of the ship to the bottom if wanted. I think you could carry two attachments at a time. There was a moment i remember when you battled a big machine and the camera sort of tilted out of the side scrolling. Not completely though. It sort of went diagonally where you were half way between the side scrolling and behind the ship. Also had an amazing sound track..lol.

Thanks in advanced.
    The Genesis game you´re looking for is Sub-Terrania. The PSX cold be, but I´m not sure, Einhander, and could be included in a demo disc from Square.

Quote Originally Posted by JC200X View Post
    Okay, maybe you guys can crack this one. I've been dying to play it again for years.

This is a Japanese PSX game. You navigate through a maze with some pencil-like thing and when you touch the walls, it explodes and (I think) you have to start over. I'm pretty sure I played this game off of a demo disc, if that helps.

I know that's not a lot to go on. That's all I remember.
    This was posted more than a year ago, and my answer isn´t even exact, but that sounds awfully similar to Fire Electric Pen, but that one is only for the N64...

Quote Originally Posted by shrexican View Post
    Well, i registered so i could ask about this and im stoked to see a section specifically for asking!

All i remember is that it was on the Game boy, played like a looser shadowgate and was centered around alchemy. There were pots or cauldrons or alchemic circles or whatever youd come across every now and then and youd drop in items youd found to create new ones. Occasional monster encounters and the like. I used to loooove it as a kid and i just cant for the life of me remember the name of it. Much obliged.

UNSOLVED
    Another oldie unsolved... This one is Mysterium, no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Deatzly View Post
    The game I'm looking for is most likely for the Sega Saturn. It's one of those spaceship (I'm leaning towards side-scrolling but could've been vertical) games but I don't think you were fighting in space. You fought the first level boss over water/in the air, it was huge (took up whole screen) and had some kind of hooked tail thing. The second level was some kind of swamp. I wish I remembered more about it, I'd really like to play it. If anyone wants to throw suggestions at me (even multiple suggestions) that'd be awesome! Thanks.
    That sounds very much like Thunder Force 5, available for the PSX too.

Quote Originally Posted by spicycow View Post
    Hi all!

I'd like help remembering 2 games.

1. I was about 8 when I got to play this game and it was for the NES / Family Computer. It was a japanese game that my dad borrowed from his friend. It was 2d platform game.

- the hero looks like caveman / old man with black hair and a beard
    - the premise of the game is to travel in different location try to retrieve pieces of a big painting of a phoenix
    - game-play wise, somewhere in the lines of the goonies, adventure island and the likes
    - has secret locations and all
    - I was able to finish the game, but sadly I can't remember what game this is

2. my sister gave me this game as a present, again in japanese i can't find what game this is
    - premise was your a space hunter and you destroy worlds
    - you go from planet to planet, find the boss, kill him then escape.
    - gamplay was mixed with 2d verticall scrolling ala rainbow islands and some overhead gameplay during bosses
    - i wasn't able to finish the game as I've lost it

I've tried downloading every possible rom through different websites but I still can't find em. Would really appreciate it if someone could help me. thanks a lot in advance

EDIT**
    found #2 out of curiousity, it's named "Space Hunter" lol
    still need help with #1 though
    The first game could be Konami´s Hi no Tori for the famicom, based on Osamu Tezuka´s work... The protagonist has a black beard, and Hi no Tori is a phoenix...

What you are looking for most likely is Thunder Force 2 from Technosoft for the Sega Genesis.
    Last edited by manopelua; 8th-May-2012 at 11:53. Reason: Yet more answers provided.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to manopelua For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

manopelua, multiple posting in a row isn't allowed, please, read the rules and use the EDIT button to avoid it.

Thanks

Sorry about that, Cookie Monster. I´m a total noob posting in these kind of forums... But there were just so many unsolved questions that I think I have the answers for.
    I´m hoping to be quite helpful in this thread from now on. Keep the questions coming folks!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to manopelua For This Useful Post:

Elmdor Rizer is offline Official Chronicler of EP
    Unofficial Chronicler of your underwear drawer
    Thanks
    EP Points

You're certainly no noob when it comes to figuring out old games.

Michael Ballack, he scores free-kicks.
    He's got black hair, and he's german.
    Michael Ballack, trains in paddocks.
    in his spare time, HE FARMS HADDOCKS!
    Watch me play Super C, guys!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rising Phoenix View Post

Indeed, the game is a vertical "shoot 'em up"/shooter with the option to play solo or two-players (first player is Red, second player is Blue, if I recall correctly).

Beyond that, the major feature I can remember are it's power ups. A single power up item, which changes from numbers 1 to 4, can be picked up to get a better weapon. For example, power up N°2 enabled you to fire wide flames quickly. If I recall correctly, powerup N°3 provided you with lasers that fired diagonally.

It is all I can remember for now, but the game is very valuable to me as it was one of the very first (I think the second) videogame I played as a child.
    However, there may be a clue that could solve the problem. I remember my father saying "do you want to play the game with the helicopters?" (in short, not jet fighters or spaceships, but helicopters). I am not sure if this helps, but I certainly want to try that game again.

My regards.
    I think I found the game that matches all your criteria: Thunder Dragon (the first, not its sequel) from NMK/Tecmo, 1991.
    http://mamepedia.com/game/tdragonb
    Two players simultaneous, one blue, one red, the same power-up scheme and ships that could best be described as helicopters, though no rotors are visible...
    Last edited by manopelua; 9th-May-2012 at 03:20.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to manopelua For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Well, I've got two games here, but the problem is that I don't remember much of them:
    The first is a side-scrolling game on the SNES where you control some yellow guy with green hair and sunglasses. I'm not sure, but there were some kind of discs to collect through the levels (you know, just like the coins on Super Mario), and I remember there was some kind of bonus stage right at the beginning of the first level.
    The second will be very hard to remember, I think: it was a RPG on the PS1; it had an isometric view (I think this is the right term) with 3D graphics; and my friend (the person that actually played this one, because I just watched) said that the special attacks had to be pulled off through button combinations (like a fighting game).
    So, does anyone know which games are these?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by mcopo View Post
    Well, I've got two games here, but the problem is that I don't remember much of them:
    The first is a side-scrolling game on the SNES where you control some yellow guy with green hair and sunglasses. I'm not sure, but there were some kind of discs to collect through the levels (you know, just like the coins on Super Mario), and I remember there was some kind of bonus stage right at the beginning of the first level.
    The second will be very hard to remember, I think: it was a RPG on the PS1; it had an isometric view (I think this is the right term) with 3D graphics; and my friend (the person that actually played this one, because I just watched) said that the special attacks had to be pulled off through button combinations (like a fighting game).
    So, does anyone know which games are these?
    My guess on the second one would be Legend of Legaia.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Colamisu For This Useful Post: