Page 60 of 145 FirstFirst ... 1050555657585960616263646570110 ... LastLast

Thread: Forgot the name of a game? Post here.

Thanks
    EP Points

possibly crystals of arborea, eye of the beholder, ultima underworld the stygian abyss, or elderscrolls arena(I think this one more likely since you compared it to morrowind) just to name a few.

There is a difference between ignorance and stupidity ignorant people can be taught
    stupid people need to be shot.

Thanks

that game was in ps1 i think it name was somthing 2
    it was cars you drive and go to a distention and you should watch the damage bar and time and one of the missions was in Egypt in the primed

Thanks

Proper 3D was done only few times in the 90s RPGs. Try ones already mentioned: Ultima Underworld, Elderscrolls Arena, also Battlespire.
    Then you have Betrayal At Krondor (DOS only) and sequel Betrayal in Antara (Win). Lands Of Lore: Guardians Of Destiny. Might and Magic 7/8.

Cant say i recall large golden suns in any of these though.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by blueray View Post
    it was cars you drive and go to a distention and you should watch the damage bar and time and one of the missions was in Egypt in the primed
    Twisted Metal?

Thanks

Thanks for the guesses so far guys, sorry I don't have much else to go on. This was a LONG time ago, after all.

I do remember elevation changes though, I believe. That may just be past-me romanticizing a game, but in my mind I can see a river with a dark green slope rising away from it.

I'm also all but positive this game came on one of those super old demo discs, like the PSX ones Playstation Magazine used to come with but for the PC, if that helps at all. I'll continue doing my own research, but I figured I might as well throw that all out there.

EDIT: Oh, and if this helps at all, I remember the UI being big. Like "takes up 25% of the bottom of the screen" big.
    Last edited by BainTrain; 19th-April-2012 at 17:58.

Thanks

no it was real cars i know it sound mad

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by BainTrain View Post
    The game I'm thinking of is a 90s (I believe) PC RPG. I believe it was a windows game - it may have been DOS, but I don't think so. I'm pretty sure it was first person, possibly third person. I can almost guarantee it was not top down. I recall crude 3D landscapes, but can't remember much else of anything. The only hint I have to go on is that I remember there being a large, gold sun type of thing at the bottom of the screen in the UI.

EDIT: It had a fantasy setting, like Morrowind.
    Take a look at the Betrayal at Krondor series. They were early 3D games, and had a huge nasty UI that took up loads of the screen.

EDIT: Didn't realize akeley already mentioned this. My bad!
    Last edited by FlavaFlave; 20th-April-2012 at 18:38.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,801 Times in 288 Posts
    EP Points

no it was real cars i know it sound mad
    Sounds like one of the Need for Speed games...

Don' worry, it won't hurt... that much!

Thanks
    EP Points

My guess would be Runabout 2.

I have no idea if there was an Egypt level as I only played the first game (which most definitely did not have an Egypt level), but the destination timer and damage bar were in the first game. There was also a "Damages" counter that gave a dollar value for the amount of damage you'd caused to the surroundings during your run, with different vehicles unlocked for getting through levels with high/low combinations of each of those three.

Thanks
    EP Points

Bump because it's been two days (or close enough) and I'm posting a query rather than changing my guess.

Platform is PC, Windows 95/98 era.
    Genre is RPG/Roguelike or something like that.

Game was a top-down dungeon crawler where each floor was just one screen if I'm not mistaken, with the fog that disappears as you explore and such. At the start of the game you pick a character (some of the choices were Dwarf, Amazon, and Hero), which determines what your stats are... and maybe special abilities?

Anywho, point of the game was to get to the bottom of the dungeon and kill some wizard/sorcerer/warlock or something like that. There were ladders and pitfalls to travel between floors... and I think a magic carpet that sent you to a floor that was non-adjacent?

Art was pretty simple. If I remember correctly, your character portrait was pretty typical of a bitmap, simple colors, mostly solid colors rather than gradients. Also, I believe your character on the map was just a simple outline rather than matching your class in any way.

It was one of those one-sitting games that wouldn't take long to complete, but had pretty high replay since it was randomly generated layout. I could have sworn the name was something simple like "Adventure" or "Legend," but nothing resembling it came up on either of those. Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH TTTTTTHHHHHHAAAAAANNNNNNNKKKKKXXXXXXXXX VERY MUCH THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU
    last time i played Runabout 2 when i was 5 it toke me 11 years searching
    Last edited by blueray; 22nd-April-2012 at 13:45.

Thanks

U got it.......tnx a looooottt!!

Thanks

Hm... Let's try this out.

A long time ago, I remember renting a game out of a self owned game shop. I had to have been at least 5 or 6. It was a SNES release, and I remember the overworld overlay being something of a giant rollercoaster or an amusement park of sorts and at the bottom right of the map was a giant machine where I would assume a boss battle was to take place? I'm not too sure.... It was a colorful platformer with a robot or maybe an android of sorts? And I still to this day have no idea what the crap it was...

Thanks

yeah im back with another forgotten game name. It was on a ps2 demo disc, and you were part of a special force i think. The demo level involved you climbing up a tube in the parking lot or something like that, then you needed to get a quarintine suit(orange or white) so you wouldnt be spotted as an enemy. not much to go on there but hopefully someone will know!

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Colamisu View Post
    Bump because it's been two days (or close enough) and I'm posting a query rather than changing my guess.

Platform is PC, Windows 95/98 era.
    Genre is RPG/Roguelike or something like that.

Game was a top-down dungeon crawler where each floor was just one screen if I'm not mistaken, with the fog that disappears as you explore and such. At the start of the game you pick a character (some of the choices were Dwarf, Amazon, and Hero), which determines what your stats are... and maybe special abilities?

Anywho, point of the game was to get to the bottom of the dungeon and kill some wizard/sorcerer/warlock or something like that. There were ladders and pitfalls to travel between floors... and I think a magic carpet that sent you to a floor that was non-adjacent?

Art was pretty simple. If I remember correctly, your character portrait was pretty typical of a bitmap, simple colors, mostly solid colors rather than gradients. Also, I believe your character on the map was just a simple outline rather than matching your class in any way.

It was one of those one-sitting games that wouldn't take long to complete, but had pretty high replay since it was randomly generated layout. I could have sworn the name was something simple like "Adventure" or "Legend," but nothing resembling it came up on either of those. Any help would be appreciated

I know this isn't the game you are after, but maybe this will spark something and get you headed in the right direction. This game sounds an awful lot like Star Wars: Yoda Stories and the Indiana Jones Desktop Adventures games. Exact same setup, limited areas, fog that disappears, and randomly generated levels. Again, I know this isn't the answer but maybe this can help in some way.