Page 6 of 145 FirstFirst 12345678910111656106 ... LastLast

Thread: Forgot the name of a game? Post here.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    I know it was an R-Type style game, but you were like... a bomber plane.

It was basically an R-type clone, you went from the bottom of the screen to the top instead of left to right, and you were killing things like Battleships and stuff.

I used to play it when i was like 8.

Is it Strikers 1945? Either for NeoGeo or PS1.
    I saw. I came. She slapped me.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tekmon View Post
    Well was it a game similar to Mega Man? Do you remember any of the characters or level design? You never can be too sure you know .
    Well, as i mentioned before, it's a overhead/top-down view over the game, and you control a character (who i think is Mega Man). If you have played any of the oldest Zelda games, this one will very similar to you, but still you will experience something new. I remember you could run around in a town and fight enemies (mostly robots) in the streets, explore buildings and scavenge manholes. Didn't play this game for very long, but I wish I knew what it is called. Hope this helps you.

EDIT: It has a modern setting, like other Mega Man games, and your attack is shooting. I'm pretty sure there was a story, but i can't remember it. And i think you could collect several items to aid you on the adventure, so it's basically a Zelda clone.
    Last edited by Expot; 7th-February-2011 at 09:16.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kumagko View Post
    Is it Strikers 1945? Either for NeoGeo or PS1.
    It was in an arcade machine, so i'm not too sure of the platform... but that's about as close as you could get to how it played

Thanks for that.

Thanks

It was in an arcade machine, so i'm not too sure of the platform... but that's about as close as you could get to how it played

Thanks for that.
    I did remember playing Strikers 1945 at the arcades. I think they have arcade versions of Strikers II and III as well.
    I saw. I came. She slapped me.

Thanks

Yeah now that you mention it, back when I had my PSone I had this wierd game kind of like space invaders but it was side scrolling and futeristic looking.I remeber that the backgrounds were dark and full of vived neon signs and stuff like some kind of city. and at the end of each level there was this massive ship that you had to destroy. I haven't seen or heard of this game in a long time?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DemonKingHiro View Post
    Yeah now that you mention it, back when I had my PSone I had this wierd game kind of like space invaders but it was side scrolling and futeristic looking.I remeber that the backgrounds were dark and full of vived neon signs and stuff like some kind of city. and at the end of each level there was this massive ship that you had to destroy. I haven't seen or heard of this game in a long time?
    einhänder is the only horizontal shmup on playstation that has a city setting and huge bosses at the end of the stage....that i know of.

Thanks
    EP Points

Not really forgot, but want to know the exact name of the game from my MegaDrive(if you can see an image, it also hints and what country I'm from)

I wanted to post this image in a previous thread before the server problem.

The games in clockwise from top is Castle of Illusion, Shadow Dancer, Magic Prince and Duke.

Casle of Illusion and Shadow Dancer are both pretty well-known, the Duke plays like a constant auto-scrolling of games like Ghost Squad, and Time Crisis, though I do not remember the actual name. It the one known as "Magic Prince" which I cant figure out what game is it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks

ok so im trying to remember this rpg game for psx. it had final fantasy style fighting, and in the game you play a boy who travels to different citys while a pink monster follows you. he helps you fight and eventually gains the ability to transform into different monsters... any ideas?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie Marie Davila View Post
    ok so im trying to remember this rpg game for psx. it had final fantasy style fighting, and in the game you play a boy who travels to different citys while a pink monster follows you. he helps you fight and eventually gains the ability to transform into different monsters... any ideas?
    guardians crusade

Thanks

completely 100% love this forum, give me alot of benefits

Thanks

hmmm theres this game for the pc that was sort of a 3D mid to late 90's shooting game like system shock or even doom where you play this rebel who starts off with a crossbow.. it was a bit futuristic if im not mistaken.. anyone have an idea what im talking about? XD

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pow View Post
    Note to self must use memory. I played this game off of a playstation underground CD. (remember those?) You played a boy who controlled a giant robot with a device that looked allot like a playstation controller. Your robot would fight other giant robots in a city. Your robot could punch, kick, jump and shoot hist fists out as projectiles. The boy is equipped with a jet pack to float around the city and find a good place to view the fight. The game was in japanese so i have no names or places to mention. I would love to play that game again, translated or not.
    The game is R.A.D. (Robot Alchemic Drive).

I know it was an R-Type style game, but you were like... a bomber plane.

It was basically an R-type clone, you went from the bottom of the screen to the top instead of left to right, and you were killing things like Battleships and stuff.

I used to play it when i was like 8.
    Have you checked out 1942 or 1943: The Battle of Midway?
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 11th-February-2011 at 16:16. Reason: use the EDIT button to avoid double posting

Thanks

hmmm theres this game for the pc that was sort of a 3D mid to late 90's shooting game like system shock or even doom where you play this rebel who starts off with a crossbow.. it was a bit futuristic if im not mistaken..
    Deus Ex, I think.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sk8rping View Post
    Have you checked out 1942 or 1943: The Battle of Midway?
    Battle of Midway came out in 87, and i played it in 98 when the game would have been fairly new.

It's probably just some random R-Type clone on an arcade machine.

Thanks

As was said before, it could have been from the Strikers series. It might also have been 19XX: The War Against Destiny. Same series, came out in 96 with a more modern approach to the franchise. Or you might be remembering the sea level from Raiden Fighters/Raiden Fighters Jet.

After a quick check of the MAME list for vertical shooters from 95-98, those look like the main possibilities.
    Last edited by Dr Mario; 12th-February-2011 at 23:03.