Page 5 of 145 FirstFirst 123456789101555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Forgot the name of a game? Post here.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jay C. Rodriguez View Post
    Megaman Legends 1 and/or 2
    I don't think so. Mega Man Legends was not top-down. Unless Expot is mis-remembering that part.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jmcd View Post
    The second one sounds a bit like Kartia.
    The first one is Threads of Fate.

Thanks

Ok so here's my 'forgotten-the-name-of-it' games... My first one is a truly awesome game of pac-man I played on Windows 3.1 when I was little, now this may sound like an open & shut case but its not. The game I played was a demo of a 3D pac-man game, had three levels & was not in the old arcade style of pac-man. I'll describe the levels the demo had as I remember them: the first level was in a 'jungle' setting, where the classic ghosts would hunt you down & the maze walls were made of hedges with a jail in the middle. The second level was on an ocean where islands would be the walls & sharks were the ghosts. The third level was a space based level, where astroids were the walls but alas, I don't remember what the ghosts were in this level, they coudl've been just normal ghosts or something else. then after I'd beat the third level a screen would come up telling me the awesomeness of the full game (I think it said the full game had 16 levels or something) , then after an amount of time it would go back to the first level with the score & lives intact, this process would continue until i ran out of lives in the demo. This demo was installed on the Windows 3.1 computer when we bought it.

The second request is somewhat harder than the one above but is also the one I would *really* love to know the name of. Its not just a single game but rather 6 (iirc) games in one series (or it could've been one game split into 6 discs with each disc sold seperately & playable w/o any other disc). How it worked was each game in the series was directly linked to the next game, for example the 2nd title in this series told you the ending of the 1st title & continued on from it. The overarching storyline (iirc) is you are a guy who has to save the princess by going through the challenges of each game until you reached the evil castle at the end of the 6th game, I may be mistaken in remembering this part though. Gameplay went like this: The world map was a 2d top-down view, but you didn't really do much there, other than go to the next "dungeon" (& there wasn't many of those either) the overworld map had a fence in it to split the game I was playing from the next one in the series (afaik). Once a 'dungeon' was reached then it would turn into a 2d side-scrolling platformer of sorts, with enemies to fight (who I actually got scared of & hence never played these games again, but anyway...) & challenges to complete. There was always some sort of big challenge to complete & a boss to fight at the end of each disc. I remember (but I may be mistaken) that the no. 2 disc ended with my character shutting down a nuclear facility (or something like that) & defeating an evil-lady... I only remember that because I watched it happen on the start of the "3rd" disc... I could very well not remember it correctly though. I also played this game on my Windows 3.1 computer.

In short I am hoping someone else played these games & knows their names / has found them on some vapourware / abandonware site or at least knows what I'm talking about. As of yet, UNSOLVED!

Tekville (Island a little ways of the coast of Florida)
    Thanks

Default An Arcade Game

Edit: I found the one I was looking for , but I just remembered another one.

It was an arcade game, that involved racing, but all I remember is that it was two dudes in this car, and if you where to run into something, in the rear view mirror, their faces would get more and more bloodier the more you crashed, but then they'd shake it off and their faces would be normal again. I don't know if this was a figment of my imagination, or not. But I have no idea what this game is.
    Last edited by Tekmon; 4th-February-2011 at 17:48.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Expot View Post
    I have one. If I remember right, it's a Mega Man game, but with overhead-look (like old zelda games). Don't remember which console because I played it over at my friends house many years ago.

UNSOLVED
    The Only top down mega man game I'm familiar with is mega man soccer, that was a top down mega man sports game .

Thanks

Aww...I was hoping someone could help with my nostalgia :p
    "If there is evil in this world, it lurks in the heart of man"
    -Edward D Morrison.

Thanks

I know it was an R-Type style game, but you were like... a bomber plane.

It was basically an R-type clone, you went from the bottom of the screen to the top instead of left to right, and you were killing things like Battleships and stuff.

I used to play it when i was like 8.

Thanks
    EP Points

Is it Alpha Mission?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by king0427 View Post
    Is it Alpha Mission?
    It's an arcade game, the graphics are probably on par with something like Metal Slug.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    It's an arcade game, the graphics are probably on par with something like Metal Slug.
    Was it in a Neo Geo Machine?
    If so, it could be the sequel.

Thanks

Was it in a Neo Geo Machine?
    If so, it could be the sequel.
    You were a World War 2 style metal bomber plane.

Spoiler warning:

Thanks
    EP Points

1944: The Loop Master?

Thanks

1944: The Loop Master?
    On the right track, but a lot more recent by the look of it. (graphics wise)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tekmon View Post
    The Only top down mega man game I'm familiar with is mega man soccer, that was a top down mega man sports game .
    im pretty sure it was not a soccer game, well well, maybe it was just a dream.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Expot View Post
    im pretty sure it was not a soccer game, well well, maybe it was just a dream.
    Well was it a game similar to Mega Man? Do you remember any of the characters or level design? You never can be too sure you know .
    Why yes, I do have an Obsession with Giygas, why? Because Giygas is one of the coolest final bosses, I have ever met XD.