Page 41 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3136373839404142434445465191141 ... LastLast

Thread: Forgot the name of a game? Post here.

Thanks

Default An old Rpg

I am searching for an old Rpg, which was made with the rpg-maker. it is not vampire dawn or eternal legends.
    The parts of the story that i remember were, that the mainperson (male), and a female friend release "the evil"(a mage or sth. like that), that was sealed inside of a cave, in the beginning accidentaly. when they return to they village, everyone is dead und the houses are burning. they travel through the country, trying to prevent greater damage.
    i dont know the rest, but in the middle or the end, they come to another "dimension" or similar, where fairys or something like that are living.
    the battles are turn-based and similar to final fantasy.
    The game is for the pc.

thanks for help!

Thanks

I'm sorry I don't know about the one posted before me. But I have one that's been buggin me too. It's an old Sega Genesis game. I had it on a thing called the Sega Channel. It was where you were a roller blader and you would be skating along and then you could also grab ahold of car bumpers. Any clue?
    The path of the true warrior has long been forgotten and overgrown with hate, fear and resentment.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Mathew Ryan View Post
    I'm sorry I don't know about the one posted before me. But I have one that's been buggin me too. It's an old Sega Genesis game. I had it on a thing called the Sega Channel. It was where you were a roller blader and you would be skating along and then you could also grab ahold of car bumpers. Any clue?

This one???

Thanks

Hello,

I have long wanted to play this game in English, however the title I have for it ('War History in Bahamut') is not actually the real English/Japanese title, and seems to be a bad translation. I do not know if the game has an English version or an available translation, but would like to find out it's name. The game is for Sega Genesis/Megadrive, and here I have two screenshots to help:

http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/4...history002.png
    http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/3550/warhistory003.png

Thank you in advance.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Rising Phoenix View Post
    Hello,

I have long wanted to play this game in English, however the title I have for it ('War History in Bahamut') is not actually the real English/Japanese title, and seems to be a bad translation. I do not know if the game has an English version or an available translation, but would like to find out it's name. The game is for Sega Genesis/Megadrive, and here I have two screenshots to help:

http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/4...history002.png
    http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/3550/warhistory003.png

Thank you in advance.
    Found it. http://www.gamefaqs.com/genesis/570425-bahamut-senki Never released outside Japan.

And the name does translate pretty closely to what you think, by the way.

Thanks

Okay, I remember it was a 3D sonic fan game. It had multiplayer, and I think you might have been able to shoot rings, I forget. Also, it had green hill zone. That might of been the only level, I forget.

EDIT: Also, I have another one, which I know the name of, but can't find. I'm pretty sure it was called sandbox. It was a god game. It was pixelated. I think it involved trees...and water...and for some reason, rabbits come to mind, though that could just be nothing. There were people. It had a top-down view. I don't remember much about it.
    Last edited by lemon; 7th-November-2011 at 16:43.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by lemon View Post
    Also, I have another one, which I know the name of, but can't find. I'm pretty sure it was called sandbox. It was a god game. It was pixelated. I think it involved trees...and water...and for some reason, rabbits come to mind, though that could just be nothing. I don't remember much about it.
    Is this the second one if not telling us a system if you can remember will help.

http://www.kongregate.com/games/onimatrix/the-sandbox

There is a difference between ignorance and stupidity ignorant people can be taught
    stupid people need to be shot.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by lemon View Post
    Okay, I remember it was a 3D sonic fan game. It had multiplayer, and I think you might have been able to shoot rings, I forget. Also, it had green hill zone. That might of been the only level, I forget.
    Sonic Robo Blast 2.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie View Post

This one???
    Yeah that's it!
    The path of the true warrior has long been forgotten and overgrown with hate, fear and resentment.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Reis Duelar View Post
    Found it. http://www.gamefaqs.com/genesis/570425-bahamut-senki Never released outside Japan.

And the name does translate pretty closely to what you think, by the way.
    Thank you!

Thanks

There's this game my dad and I used to play for the NES that I can't remember the name of. It was this top down Zelda-ish RPG, where you ran around a medieval setting. I think the last boss was some kind of wizard in a castle. Argh

Thanks

NES top-down medieval action-RPG with a wizard for a final boss...

I have a guess, but it never left Japan, it was translated as a rom hack: Ys
    which looks likes this: http://ui14.gamefaqs.com/1869/gfs_18845_2_7.jpg

Thanks

Nope, it wasn't that brightly colored. Everything was kind of grimier and darker, in a medieval way

EDIT: Times of Lore! I ended up going to the rom list on this site, and scanning through it until it rang a bell
    Last edited by DeathChicken; 1st-November-2011 at 22:14.

Thanks

looking for dual shock game, i remember the controllers.
    it was a one-on-one duel in a closed arena (several styles).
    one of the weapons options turns the player into a bug so
    that he can sneak up on his opponent.
    seems like the appearance of the players was sort of predator (the movie) style.
    split screen display.
    Last edited by xrmauk; 2nd-November-2011 at 18:40.

Thanks

Default Trying to remember a 90s PC game in which you and/or your sister get kidnapped

About 10 years ago, I picked up an old PC game that ran on Windows 2000 (or possibly Win95). It was different from any other game I played at the time. It came from the bargain bin, so I don't think it was very popular.

I'll set it up for you. The story (what I can remember of it) was very simple. You control a blue blob-like alien(?) that lands on a new planet with his sister. When they emerge onto the planet, one or both of them get kidnapped. If your sister gets kidnapped, you need to rescue her. If you get kidnapped, you need to escape. If you both get kidnapped, you need to escape together. The story was told without words. As far as I can remember, there were no voice-overs and no text bubbles.

The gameplay was unconventional. Instead of an 3D adventure game or an FPS, this was a collection of minigames. A lot of them were controlled with the arrow keys, but I think some of them were point-and-click. The games were played in sequence to tell a story. Depending on the outcome of the minigame, the story would progress in different directions. It was like a "Choose Your Own Adventure" game.

The art design was very simple, just cel-shaded(?) 2D graphics. I don't remember any amazing artwork. I think most of the game involved the character's interacting with props on a primarily black background. The aliens looked like small, cute blobs with floating hands and feet. I think the boy wore a baseball cap, and the girl might have worn a bow.

Here is where I list all of the minigames that I can remember:

--The first game involved you and your sister exiting the ship on a large slide (because why not?). You control your left and right movement with the arrow keys. If one or both of you fell, there would be a shadowy figure waiting down below who catches you in a large sack.
    --When one of you is captured, you are thrown into a large box (possibly a crib?). To escape from it, you need to run into the sides of the box by using the arrow keys. You need to time it correctly, or the box will not tip over
    --If one of you makes it from the ship to the ground safely, I think you find an old woman who offers you dinner. She offers you some kind of food. I can only assume that the food was wretchedly disgusting, because the next minigame involved you force-feeding the blob-alien by guiding the spoon into his mouth. Maybe the spoon had medicine in it. I don't know.

And that's all I've got. I can't remember anything else about the game. I only played it a few times, but it's been bugging me for months. I'd like to go back and revisit it if I can ever figure out what it was called.

So what do you say? Do you know what game I was playing?