Page 36 of 145 FirstFirst ... 2631323334353637383940414686136 ... LastLast

Thread: Forgot the name of a game? Post here.

Thanks

it was for DOS,I think.I'm pretty sure I used to see the command.com window before entering it.At the time I had the almighty Windows 95.
    Last edited by dougfunny64; 23rd-August-2011 at 15:48.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by mowcno444 View Post
    A game Ive forgotten the name of is on the pc... probably released in the 90's I only played it once about 8 years ago so sorry if the information isnt too good and I only played a multiplayer game so Ill describe that. The game has lan mutliplayer and you play as robots. Its viewed from an almost top down view. Each player has a base (possible max of 2 players not sure). In their base there are black boxes with numbers written on. When you press a button near these build sites they build either tanks or spaceships/planes. The map I was playing on had a metal floor. Be really happy if someone knew this game though I dont think its very well known. You controlled your character with the arrow keys directly. I think the units you built automatically moved or followed you.
    1297573666693.jpg
    Perhaps you mean this?
    I don't know the name really but maybe you could reverse search it
    Is it?
    I am Mega Man, I'm blue and cyan - the creation of Dr Light (or Right, if you're from Japan)
    Also known as Rockman

My Mega Buster can cut the mustard, I'm a flustered amputee
    POW POW!
    Eight robot bosses in eight levels dishevel and revel in devilry,
    I'll steal their weaponry!

I am also known as the "Blue Bomber"
    I could shoot the legs off Jeffrey Dahmer
    Kill a robot fish, kill a robot frog,
    and then I ride off on my robot dog...

JOIN THE SHMUP MANIACS! Arcade & home console 2D shmups!

vThanks button, down herev

Thanks
    EP Points

I'm trying to remember a game I used to own for the Snes that I played when I was little. I don't remember too many details,
    but I can remember that on one of the levels I had to fight some giant tiki looking thing in a ble room with torches on the wall
    and I "think" that the lights in the level would go out during the fight. I also remember another level which I had to swim, but
    all I remember from the backround or area I was going through is that it was pink. Idk if this helps, but the character I would use
    reminds me of the hawaiian punch guy. I think one of the levels was on a beach also. I know it was a platformer game. Sorry if
    it's not enough info, but I was small at the time and it was long ago.
    Last edited by ZuNinja; 27th-August-2011 at 04:57.
    As every thread of gold is valuable, so is every moment of time.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by ZuNinja View Post
    I'm trying to remember a game I used to own for the Snes that I played when I was little. I don't remember too many details,
    but I can remember that on one of the levels I had to fight some giant tiki looking thing in a ble room with torches on the wall
    and I "think" that the lights in the level would go out during the fight. I also remember another level which I had to swim, but
    all I remember from the backround or area I was going through is that it was pink. Idk if this helps, but the character I would use
    reminds me of the hawaiian punch guy. I think one of the levels was on a beach also. I know it was a platformer game. Sorry if
    it's not enough info, but I was small at the time and it was long ago.

I think I'm wrong..... but Super Adventure Island???

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Zaladane For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Yes it is!!! I didn't expect to get a reply so soon! thank you so so much!

Also, and this description will be very vague, I remember this RPG for the Snesthat I had around the same time as that first game.
    I remember that I start off in a town and outside of one of the houses is I think a wagon full of something. I also remember that if I would go a bit farther, I could go into
    this structure that resembels maybe a town hall or something. I also remember there being an area that in my mind resembles maybe a marsh. I know it wasn't
    any of the final fantasies or chrono trigger. Idk if it is the same game, but I think one of the monsters (in my mind) resembles a being with a mouse head or something,
    I could be mistaken about that part. I'll try and remember more details.
    As every thread of gold is valuable, so is every moment of time.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by SpiralPegasus View Post
    1297573666693.jpg
    Perhaps you mean this?
    I don't know the name really but maybe you could reverse search it
    Is it?
    That's Metal Fatigue , real-time strategy released in 2000.
    The Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything is...
    Spoiler warning:
    Spoiler warning:
    Well,what did you expect ?

Thanks

So here it is: there's this PS1 game that I keep remembering from my childhood, but I (obviously) don't remember its name. So I've searched through many a PS1 collection looking for the images on the box- but so far, nothing has resonated with my memories. Now I'm here, beseeching the almighty internet gods to help me on my quest. This is what I remember from those years so long ago: The boxart has a heavy white motif, like a PS1 FF game would, but from what I can see, instead of spiky haired effeminate men, there's a puppet? Doll? I'm not sure, but I believe that the game itself was possibly a kind of a cross between Square Enix and RPG Maker. All I can really remember is seeing some kind of jester/puppet. So. Yeah. Let me know if I'm just delusional or actually remembering something real. Any help would be appreciated, O venerable internet deities!

Thanks
    EP Points

Maybe Pandemonium 1/2? There's no puppet on the box, but there's a jester.

Thanks

There is an old game I am trying to remember the name of my friend owned a long time ago. It was one of those math educational games I enjoyed back then. I remember exactly how the plot of the game went, but the title is all I can't remember.

There was this lion and a parrot that helped each other to find pieces of the lion's ship in an island so he can go home. In order to earn each piece of the ship, you can choose a certain mini-game that involves some kind of math. For example, one mini-game was putting the right amount of certain toppings on a pizza using fractions to make the monkeys happy. I am pretty sure the parrot's name was Polly but that is very typical among many parrots in many games. I am not sure if the lion's name was Alex or I am mistaking it with the Alex in "Madagascar".

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Kamoodle View Post
    There is an old game I am trying to remember the name of my friend owned a long time ago. It was one of those math educational games I enjoyed back then. I remember exactly how the plot of the game went, but the title is all I can't remember.

There was this lion and a parrot that helped each other to find pieces of the lion's ship in an island so he can go home. In order to earn each piece of the ship, you can choose a certain mini-game that involves some kind of math. For example, one mini-game was putting the right amount of certain toppings on a pizza using fractions to make the monkeys happy. I am pretty sure the parrot's name was Polly but that is very typical among many parrots in many games. I am not sure if the lion's name was Alex or I am mistaking it with the Alex in "Madagascar".
    Sounds like Reader Rabbit's Math: Adventure on Pirate Island. Starring Reader Rabbit, Sam the Lion, and Penelope Parrot.

http://www.superkids.com/aweb/pages/...69/merge.shtml

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Drageuth For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Mono View Post
    So here it is: there's this PS1 game that I keep remembering from my childhood, but I (obviously) don't remember its name. So I've searched through many a PS1 collection looking for the images on the box- but so far, nothing has resonated with my memories. Now I'm here, beseeching the almighty internet gods to help me on my quest. This is what I remember from those years so long ago: The boxart has a heavy white motif, like a PS1 FF game would, but from what I can see, instead of spiky haired effeminate men, there's a puppet? Doll? I'm not sure, but I believe that the game itself was possibly a kind of a cross between Square Enix and RPG Maker. All I can really remember is seeing some kind of jester/puppet. So. Yeah. Let me know if I'm just delusional or actually remembering something real. Any help would be appreciated, O venerable internet deities!
    possibly this though the box arts not white

There is a difference between ignorance and stupidity ignorant people can be taught
    stupid people need to be shot.

Thanks

I have been trying to remember the name of this regular Nintendo game for a loooong time. I don't remember much about it because I was maybe 6 and am now 23... But you start off as a ship that lands on a planet and then you are this little ship that has to go around and try to drag fuel and other items to the big ship. What made it really hard was that you had to drag the items behind your little ship and depending on what the item was was how hard it was to pull. The items would swing back and forth at times and sometimes get stuck in the walls, which if you hit the walls, you would receive damage or get blown up. Any Idea?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Mathew Ryan View Post
    I have been trying to remember the name of this regular Nintendo game for a loooong time. I don't remember much about it because I was maybe 6 and am now 23... But you start off as a ship that lands on a planet and then you are this little ship that has to go around and try to drag fuel and other items to the big ship. What made it really hard was that you had to drag the items behind your little ship and depending on what the item was was how hard it was to pull. The items would swing back and forth at times and sometimes get stuck in the walls, which if you hit the walls, you would receive damage or get blown up. Any Idea?
    Solar Jetman. Most definitely.

Also, items are more difficult/easier to pull depending on the gravity of the planet you're on.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Colamisu For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thank you very much. It has been driving me crazy for months!

Thanks

Thankees for the response to my question. Now my mind can rest again until something else boggles it. :p