Page 34 of 145 FirstFirst ... 2429303132333435363738394484134 ... LastLast

Thread: Forgot the name of a game? Post here.

Thanks

Oh, awesome, thank you
    <a href=http://www.youtube.com/user/toucanboy888?feature=mhee target=_blank>http://www.youtube.com/user/toucanboy888?feature=mhee</a>

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by user1690 View Post
    Hey guys,

This has been bugging me for a while,

I believe the platform for this game is PS1, and the game i cant remember was played from a demo disk.

The player starts outside, its daylight, and there are some explosive barrels nearby, i believe the player also starts with a weapon, theres also a door which leads inside a large building. As the player progresses they come across enemies, i believe they were aliens of some sort. Eventually the player reaches an exit, which ends the demo. I know this isnt much to go on, but its all i remember

Would love it if someone could either A.) Point out which demo disk this was on (was a UK demo disk), or the actual game name itself.

-Thanks in advance.
    Sounds like DOOM

Thanks

Possible, im mainly looking for the demo disk this forgotten game was on, because it'll start in the same place i remember, as well as contain the game name. I have gone through many of the demo disks hosted here, no luck so far though.

Thanks

Possible, im mainly looking for the demo disk this forgotten game was on, because it'll start in the same place i remember, as well as contain the game name. I have gone through many of the demo disks hosted here, no luck so far though.
    lol!! DOOM is the game name.. not "Doom" as in you're screwed!!!

DOOM on the ps1 is a few of the DOOM spinoffs.. and one of them starts you on a balcony place outside, then the rest basically fits your description to a tee.

Thanks

I understand what you meant, lol. I meant as in, its possible the game im seeking is doom, and i also said im hoping to find the demo disk the game i cant remember is on, as the demo disk would start in the same place i remember. I will see if the game im seeking is indeed Doom. Do you know exactly which Doom starts in the place i mention?

Thanks

OK, lol...

Well I take it you haven't played doom before.. so it increases the chances it may be it. Does this ring a bell?

images.jpg

Thanks

Nope, not ringing any bells in my mind.

Thanks

OK, well need more info on your game.

What weapons and monsters looked like, level design etc... or anything else that may distinctly stand out from other games.

Also what was it, a first person shooter(like doom) or 3rd person where you see your character?

Thanks

Ah my memory is bad with this now, i believe i could NOT see my character, weapon if i recall was a pistol, level design; well, i can only say what i remember.

Player starts outside, the outside area is a small box-type area, its daylight and i THINK it was 3 barrels in a corner which exploded when shot.

I know its not much to go on, i've been spending time going through all the sites demo disks as well, in hope that i'll find what im seeking. (Like i said, if i find the demo of this game im looking for, it'll jog my memory, and also contain the name of the game.)

Thanks

That covers too many games mate to start guessing. Need more of a proper description... what were the alien dudes like? and what colours etc were the levels, and was there stair and elevators etc?... surely there is something to remember.. any distinct gun, alien sounds?... or even music?

.... Jesus, you're another one of those people who never seem to remember almost anything important or outstanding about their game, yet want to play it again so badly... why?? if you cant remember most of the game? lol

Thanks

Yeah-yeah, another one of those people who just cant remember. Well thats tough i guess, if i could remember every detail i would have said it all. I donot believe there were any stairs in the level the demo starts at, the exit to the level (and the demo ending) was an airlock-style exit, once inside the building, most colours (if my crap memory recalls) were red, like some sorta factory, the only alien detail i can remember is that it was taller than the player.

Dont worry, if i cant remember it soon, or find any info jogging my memory a little more, i'll probably give up and wont ask about it again.

Thanks
    EP Points

Duke 3D.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6JcZv3wPuU
    3 Barrels at the start, The cinema door leads to a big building, stating box area.

Thanks

Nope, thats not it. The game im looking for, when the demo started it was daylight. (As you've probably guessed by now im looking for the demo of this unknown game i cant remember, since it'll probably jog my memory more than anything else)

Thanks

You detail is too hard to go on for tracking the game down... and who knows where that demo started out, may have been a later level or something

On a side note, try Quake 2 or Alien Trilogy.. but the thing is, if you cant tell if its the game just by looking/watching it and need the exact level for visual reference, then you may as well just hunt down the demo in that case.

Thanks
    EP Points

Nope, thats not it. The game im looking for, when the demo started it was daylight. (As you've probably guessed by now im looking for the demo of this unknown game i cant remember, since it'll probably jog my memory more than anything else)
    http://dookiecakes.blogspot.com/2009...-shooters.html
    Powerslave, down the bottom.
    Daylight, 3 "pots" and a door that leads into a big room.