Page 3 of 142 FirstFirst 123456781353103 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 2118

Thread: Forgot the name of a game? Post here.

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    61
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    Asked about this one before the boards died, but still don't know which game it is. It was a first person RPGish game (think Wizardry, but I'm pretty sure it was not Wizardry) for the original Game Boy. The main gimmick of it was alchemy. You had to gather up different alchemical ingredients (tin, copper, sulfur, etc) to fuel your spells. Nintendo Power had a walkthrough of it way back in the day, I remember

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    New Delhi,India
    Posts
    748
    Thanks
    115
    Thanked 186 Times in 35 Posts
    EP Points
    455

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DeathChicken View Post
    Asked about this one before the boards died, but still don't know which game it is. It was a first person RPGish game (think Wizardry, but I'm pretty sure it was not Wizardry) for the original Game Boy. The main gimmick of it was alchemy. You had to gather up different alchemical ingredients (tin, copper, sulfur, etc) to fuel your spells. Nintendo Power had a walkthrough of it way back in the day, I remember
    Maybe your talking about Mysterium

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Britain
    Posts
    53
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    EP Points
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kalahiton View Post
    Two games, both were Playstation (PSX).

    One: RPG. You chose to play as either the male or female character. You obtained abilities by killing monsters. The guy could transform into monsters and the girl learned magic spells.

    Two: Don't quite remember a lot of it, but what I do remember is a turn based combat system with the same basic grid battlefield system as Final Fantasy Tactic. There was a "rock paper scissors" involved when it came to attack/armor types.

    I care about the first one moreso than the second. Thanks in advance.
    The second one sounds a bit like Kartia.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    DFW
    Posts
    2,546
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 102 Times in 33 Posts
    EP Points
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus-Crime View Post
    First post. First topic. First everything :B

    But Imma cut to the chase.

    There's this game on the N64, where there's all these weird oversized bugs. Apparently, you go back in time, or whatever, and I remember the main character's orange, and bears a resemblance to Samus. Also, the game is littered with these force fields and stuff like that.

    Please...I need my nostalgia rush

    UNSOLVED AS OF WHENEVER
    Body Harvest. Unfortunately, it doesn't work properly on any current emulators. But if you feel like hunting down a copy of the cartridge, at least you know, now.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    61
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Varun Dutt View Post
    Maybe your talking about Mysterium
    That's it. Haha, I've been wondering about this stupid game for years. Thanks

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Dunno, same place you live in?
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Colamisu View Post
    Body Harvest. Unfortunately, it doesn't work properly on any current emulators. But if you feel like hunting down a copy of the cartridge, at least you know, now.
    Please, don't tell me where you live, because I wanna marry you :>

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    This is one we've been looking for for ages. You played a rabbit and I think may be a puzzle game. You eat cabbages to gain points and either when you eat the cabbage or when you finish the level it sings "hallelujah." That's all I remember for now.

    It's not Jazz Jackrabbit or Quick the Thunder Rabbit.

    UNSOLVED

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    york, pa
    Posts
    66
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post

    Default

    Two games, both were Playstation (PSX).

    One: RPG. You chose to play as either the male or female character. You obtained abilities by killing monsters. The guy could transform into monsters and the girl learned magic spells.

    Two: Don't quite remember a lot of it, but what I do remember is a turn based combat system with the same basic grid battlefield system as Final Fantasy Tactic. There was a "rock paper scissors" involved when it came to attack/armor types.
    I think the first was threads of fate. I remeber the male kept getting mistaken for a monster by a little girl.

    Does anyone know the name of of an old disney race game for the ps1. I played the demo and I think you could play as chip and dale.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    18,582
    Thanks
    43
    Thanked 88 Times in 61 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5
    EP Points
    125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spongedude93 View Post
    I know this game is called Threads of Fate, or something similar, sorry I can't help with the other one.

    I'm looking for a game too, it was for n64 and you were like some spider microchip looking thing that took over dead animals. I remember the second level was an arctic level but thats it :/
    Space Station Silicon Valley

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    I actually have one that I have been dieing to find for years now.

    It came off of one of the old Playstation 1 demo CDs that came with the PSMag I believe.

    From what I can recall, you play as this little Isometric solder characters (I think one red, blue, etc.) And what you were supposed to do was find blocks on the field, you take them back to a little spot which, I guess was considered your base. But when you return the blocks, you can build other units, like tanks and other things.
    The only map I can remember playing on was this big hill. D

    Does anybody have any ideas about the name of this game?

  11. #41
    Elmdor Rizer's Avatar
    Elmdor Rizer is offline Official Chronicler of EP
    Unofficial Chronicler of your underwear drawer
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    5th and main
    Posts
    11,394
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 37 Times in 26 Posts
    EP Points
    135

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zatrei View Post
    I actually have one that I have been dieing to find for years now.

    It came off of one of the old Playstation 1 demo CDs that came with the PSMag I believe.

    From what I can recall, you play as this little Isometric solder characters (I think one red, blue, etc.) And what you were supposed to do was find blocks on the field, you take them back to a little spot which, I guess was considered your base. But when you return the blocks, you can build other units, like tanks and other things.
    The only map I can remember playing on was this big hill. D

    Does anybody have any ideas about the name of this game?
    No, but I think I had that demo disc aswell.

    Michael Ballack, he scores free-kicks.
    He's got black hair, and he's german.
    Michael Ballack, trains in paddocks.
    in his spare time, HE FARMS HADDOCKS!
    Watch me play Super C, guys!!

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    61
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SilentMagus0 View Post
    I think the first was threads of fate. I remeber the male kept getting mistaken for a monster by a little girl.

    Does anyone know the name of of an old disney race game for the ps1. I played the demo and I think you could play as chip and dale.
    Disney Magical Racing Tour?

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robin v. Persie View Post
    No, but I think I had that demo disc aswell.
    So then it isn't just some crazy game I imagined? That's a relief.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    if you need to know just ask me.
    Posts
    1,069
    Thanks
    52
    Thanked 32 Times in 14 Posts
    EP Points
    190

    Default i am looking for a game

    it was on a ps1 demo disk, in the demo there was what looked like a forest with portals, and in the demo version you could go through one portal and do something (i forget what) and then the demo would end after a certain point. i wish i could remember more but it was really long ago.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    8,447
    Thanks
    36
    Thanked 175 Times in 57 Posts
    EP Points
    70

    Default

    I have no idea what your game is titled, but trying using this next time: http://www.epforums.org/showthread.p...game-Post-here. (And don't bother re-posting there, this thread will likely be merged with the sticky.)

Similar Threads

  1. My Review: Coded Arms for the PSP
    By Doh004 in forum General Gaming
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 28th-July-2005, 13:36
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 21st-July-2005, 22:37
  3. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
    By ((KvN)) in forum General Gaming
    Replies: 129
    Last Post: 6th-November-2004, 22:49
  4. Forgot the name of a very good game.
    By Kazekage Gaara in forum General Gaming
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 27th-March-2004, 00:45
  5. Replies: 73
    Last Post: 24th-March-2004, 05:47

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About Us

We are the oldest retro gaming forum on the internet. The goal of our community is the complete preservation of all retro video games. Started in 2001 as EmuParadise Forums, our community has grown over the past 18 years into one of the biggest gaming platforms on the internet.

Social