Page 23 of 145 FirstFirst ... 1318192021222324252627283373123 ... LastLast

Thread: Forgot the name of a game? Post here.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Constipated Rat View Post
    Try, Kid Icarus

Try, Wipeout... just noticed you said "not wipeout"... try Rollcage
    It's not Kid Icarus, Kid Icarus doesn't have that gameplay, and isn't for GB/GBC

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by I3uckwheat View Post
    Said it in there is not wipeout. but ill double check.
    Yeah, I just skipped through it and seen most wipeout stuff.(seen it late, so just edited my post out) Though, I also said Rollcage, but I dont think there's any hovercrafts in it, or you fall off walls and blow up.. but you can drive up walls.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
    It's not Kid Icarus, Kid Icarus doesn't have that gameplay, and isn't for GB/GBC
    kid Icarus was on Gameboy, my brother had it, I can remember a dungeon, thats why ithought it may be worth a shot.

I3uckwheat Try KILLER LOOP too.. just had a look on Gamespot since wipeout is a unqiue game and Killer Loop came up as a similar game and seems to fit some of your info
    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 7th-June-2011 at 20:11.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Constipated Rat, double posting isn't allowed, use the EDIT button and read the rules if you still haven't done it.

Thanks

I didnt mean to double post, I entered the thread from main forum which brought me in to the last post.. so I answered Nemesis first(on this page).. then when seeing that I3uckwheat had since replied on last page (22) I was on that page a while searching for I3uckwheat's game on gmaespot and forgot about it being a previous page and mistakenly posted from quoting his post, thinking he was the last post.

Thanks
    EP Points

Yeah, I just skipped through it and seen most wipeout stuff.(seen it late, so just edited my post out) Though, I also said Rollcage, but I dont think there's any hovercrafts in it, or you fall off walls and blow up.. but you can drive up walls.

kid Icarus was on Gameboy, my brother had it, I can remember a dungeon, thats why ithought it may be worth a shot.

I3uckwheat Try KILLER LOOP too.. just had a look on Gamespot since wipeout is a unqiue game and Killer Loop came up as a similar game and seems to fit some of your info
    GBA, not original GB/GBC, which he said it was on.

Thanks

ffs!.. no mate, it was on original GB too. Like I said my brother had Kid Icarus, or a least got a lend of it from someone. I can even distinctly remember the music from it.

I only played it faguely but can definitely 100 percent remember the cart name -Kid Icarus- on old Gameboy.

Thanks
    EP Points

ffs!.. no mate, it was on original GB too. Like I said my brother had Kid Icarus, or a least got a lend of it from someone. I can even distinctly remember the music from it.

I only played it faguely but can definitely 100 percent remember the cart name -Kid Icarus- on old Gameboy.
    There is one for GB, but it's not the original, It's the sequel, Kid Icarus of Myths and Monsters

Thanks

Well, who cares if its a sequel or not.. still a Kid Icarus game on gameboy.. jesus your arent gonna hold me to that, are you?

OK, maybe thats is it.then.. I just remember doors and a castle dungeon scene.

EDIT- I am a bit bored tonight, so have done more sniffing around.. Rising Phoenix try DRAGON WARRIOR MONSTERS too. That game, you capture and train monsters and go about the place fighting/stealing others monsters.... was the game play like this?
    Last edited by Constipated Rat; 7th-June-2011 at 21:57.

Thanks
    EP Points

So this is a stretch because my descriptions are going to be very vague.

Two games, both on PSX.

The first I remember it starts with you (the boyfriend) buying your girlfriend some kind of gift and something happens to her because of it. Then you go on some weird quest type deal to save her.
    I remember vividly that there is a maze type area towards the beginning that looks like a classical hallway type place. There is a loop of Fur Elise playing for BGM. You are essentially a spirit or something I think and you can put yourself into different vessels to do anything material you need to. I remember there is an adult and an infant form for sure though there may be more forms I forgot. I also remember only one puzzle which is later in the game. It has to do with Dusk and dawn, that's about all I remember.

The second is another puzzle-esque type game that I know even less about. I think you might be some kind of detective because I somewhat remember there being police around the starting area of the game. You're at a house and someone died there though who, or even what relation it has to you is beyond me. I do remmeber you change scenery to a boat and there are a lot of ghosts there. They aren't hostile though and I remember one area where all the ghosts are gambling and having a good time. That isn't to say there aren't any hostile ghosts, just that I don't remember any. Although I certainly do remember my mom dying once, but it was because she was supposed to show a picture to this hostile creature. I say creature because I don't honestly remember if it was a ghost or what that attacked her.

Sorry if it's too vague, but both of these game I really want to play and doubt I'll find them without any help.

Thanks

Okay, so my memories of this game are kind of shady, I don't know too much.
    Here I go.
    So you're this green sticky guy and you can sling from places with your arms, because they're sticky.
    I remember that you pick up these gold things (Some sort of food?) to lure this bigger, fatter version of you in, but I don't know if that's the purpose of the levels.
    The game was by Reflexive Arcade.

Not much information, but it's all I've got.

Thanks
    EP Points

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by JC200X View Post
    Okay, maybe you guys can crack this one. I've been dying to play it again for years.

This is a Japanese PSX game. You navigate through a maze with some pencil-like thing and when you touch the walls, it explodes and (I think) you have to start over. I'm pretty sure I played this game off of a demo disc, if that helps.

I know that's not a lot to go on. That's all I remember.
    I think I have that same demo disc.. "Playstation Undergroun Jampack", right?
    It was based on a Japanese game show, and did get an English release:
    http://www.emuparadise.org/Sony_Playstation_ISOs/Irritating_Stick_[U]/37030

Now for my request:

This will probably take an older gamer to remember, I played this game as a wee tyke in the waiting area of a family restaurant. One of those "cocktail table" cabinets that were popular in the early 80's. It was kinda like a cross between Gauntlet and Dig-Dug. You moved through a maze (I don't remember if you could make your own tunnels) putting out fires. There were 4 (I think) differently-colored bonfires in the corners of the maze, which would spawn walking fireball-like guys of the same color, and you had to put out all the bonfires to advance to the next level (I think). Your weapon was a bucket of water, which would splash out in the direction you were facing when you pressed the fire button. I think the only power-up was something that would extend the reach of your water splash. Sorry I couldn't remember more, I've only been to that restaurant once, and didn't have to wait long to be seated so only got to play it once, also I was probably only like 4 or 5 at the time.

UNRESOLVED

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 550 Posts
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Aiyeris View Post
    Here I go.
    So you're this green sticky guy and you can sling from places with your arms, because they're sticky.
    I remember that you pick up these gold things (Some sort of food?) to lure this bigger, fatter version of you in, but I don't know if that's the purpose of the levels.

Could it be Alko World?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Aiyeris View Post
    Here I go.

Dr Blobs Organism

Thanks

Okay, i'd completely forgotten about this thread and didn't realise i hadn't been here for so long. Lagmobile; no, it isn't Altered Beast, you were some sort of elf thing. Seeing as i'm here i mayaswell post it again.

For quite a while now i've been wondering about an old arcade game i used to play. For an arcade game it had quite good graphics, it was a side scroller where you played as a (green clothed?) elf like person, i believe player 2 was blue, but he might have been red. You used some sort of magic, i think it came from a staff (wand?) it may of been a laser weapon though, but unlikely. You were trying to save a female elf thing (maybe princess). The first level i think you came out of a bar or club of somesort that was made inside of a tree, the rest of the level i think was a forest. The bosses are what i remember the best, they were almost all zodiac creatures, there was also a sun and moon that may have been partialy mechanical. On all of the boss fights you were flying on... something, but the rest of the game was played on the ground. The bosses were weird, when you did enough damage to them, bits of their "skin" would disppear and make them look like zombie like. The gemini boss had you fighting against two women shaped bosses, but they had strange faces and (i think) talons on their hands. There was a saggitarius looking boss that was particularly ugly. Apart from the bosses the game was very cartoony. I hope thats enough information to go on, ill edit this post if i remember anything. Thanks.
    Now to begin the long haul through all arcade games made.

Thanks
    EP Points

So there was an old PC game I used to play back in grade school, I think it was a DOS game, but it may have just been stylized as "old school"

In this game you played as several different characters: Toad, Rent-a-Hero, and a few others I can't remember.

What I do remember is that something horrible happened and could only be avoided by being in the same room and orange tic-tacs and green tea [gingsing?]

Also there was the "villian" who always said he was "The annoying blue guy with BIG eyebrows". He was A blue triangle i think...

Thanks All