Page 19 of 145 FirstFirst ... 914151617181920212223242969119 ... LastLast

Thread: Forgot the name of a game? Post here.

Thanks

Heya guys!
    I'm trying to figure out the name of a game my brother used to have..
    This would have been new in the early 90s...it was an RPG of some sort for Sega. I don't really remember much about it, other than it having a very medieval aesthetic to it. I remember the world map being a top down view, and there were definitely caves and towns. I also remember the boss fights being something resembling a 2D side scrolling kind of thing. The main character wears armor and wields a sword, and the boss fight I can recall was a dragon that took up a sizable chunk of the screen. If anyone has ANY clue what game this might be, please please please let me know! I've been trying to figure it out for years, to no avail. ..

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Zazzles View Post
    Heya guys!
    I'm trying to figure out the name of a game my brother used to have..
    This would have been new in the early 90s...it was an RPG of some sort for Sega. I don't really remember much about it, other than it having a very medieval aesthetic to it. I remember the world map being a top down view, and there were definitely caves and towns. I also remember the boss fights being something resembling a 2D side scrolling kind of thing. The main character wears armor and wields a sword, and the boss fight I can recall was a dragon that took up a sizable chunk of the screen. If anyone has ANY clue what game this might be, please please please let me know! I've been trying to figure it out for years, to no avail. ..
    one of the phantasy star games or one of the shining force but those don't really match the style landstalker, beyond oasis ,shining in the darkness,the faery tale adventure,crusader of centy all suggestions sega was known for rpg's so it may be one of them sorry if this is not helpful as i was more of a nintendo fan in those days

There is a difference between ignorance and stupidity ignorant people can be taught
    stupid people need to be shot.

Thanks

I'm thinking of this adventure game on the PC. It's kinda old. 90s I think. Anyway you start off as either a male or female. You come to this village on horseback. I think a bridge goes out so you're stuck in the village. You decide to investigate and find monsters. A minotaur, some little goblins, and something else. It's like a point and click but in 3rd person. Any idea what it is?

Thanks

I'm also trying to remember the name of a PC game. It was a car shooter from the late 90s I believe. I remember buying a demo disc for it at Dollar Tree back when it was All-A-Dollar. In it, you controlled a Tron like motorcycle that could jump and shoot. The object of the game was to destroy as many of the other drivers within the time limit, and when time ran out an electric wall started to close in from every direction of the arena and you had to get back to the large pipe in the middle of the arena to escape. If I saw a screen shot I would recognize it instantly. Maybe someone can help me remember the name?

Thanks

It's really hard to explain this game because I played it about 6 years ago, there's few things I remember.
    One thing I know is that it's a turned based RPG, and you play as a Lynx, not a lynx that runs on it's fours and scratches, a lynx that wears a black long coat (I believe) and it attacks with a sword or gun, not quite sure, you also have a party and it's for the PS1.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    EP Points

Could very well be Chrono Cross.

Thanks

I think you're right, I did have Chrono Cross back then so it very well could be.
    You do get to play as the lynx in it, right? If so, it's definitely the game.

Thanks
    EP Points

If you meant this one, then yeah, it's definitely Chrono Cross. You do get to play as him at one point.

Thanks

The game I am looking for, from what I can remember, is a horror game for the PSX. I can't remember much because I was little when I saw my stepdad play it, and it scared me then. Now that I am older, I would like to play it again and beat it. All that I can remember about it was, you were some guy on a cruise ship and it turns out to be haunted or something. It was first person from what I can remember and the thing that scared me when I was little was this one ghost that kept appearing everywhere. She looked like a little girl with white skin, yellow eyes and a red dress.

It was Echo Night. What's funny was I was using Google and typing in random words that related to my query and it came up finally, almost the same time as I read your post Google. It also said that not a lot of people have probably played this game, and I can believe it being obscure. Anyways, thanks.

Solved.
    Last edited by jokerdonny; 27th-May-2011 at 02:52. Reason: Got my answer.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,309 Times in 1,165 Posts
    EP Points

*PSA* Wii Redump collector's can now unscrub ISO files. So scrubbed games can now be verified. You can find the program to do this here

Thanks

Last repost before i give up on this thread and go traul through the thousands of games on my mame32.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cocozz View Post
    For quite a while now i've been wondering about an old arcade game i used to play. For an arcade game it had quite good graphics, it was a side scroller where you played as a (green clothed?) elf like person, i believe player 2 was blue, but he might have been red. You used some sort of magic, i think it came from a staff (wand?) it may of been a laser weapon though, but unlikely. You were trying to save a female elf thing (maybe princess). The first level i think you came out of a bar or club of somesort that was made inside of a tree, the rest of the level i think was a forest. The bosses are what i remember the best, they were almost all zodiac creatures, there was also a sun and moon that may have been partialy mechanical. On all of the boss fights you were flying on... something, but the rest of the game was played on the ground. The bosses were weird, when you did enough damage to them, bits of their "skin" would disppear and make them look like zombie like. The gemini boss had you fighting against two women shaped bosses, but they had strange faces and (i think) talons on their hands. There was a saggitarius looking boss that was particularly ugly. Apart from the bosses the game was very cartoony. I hope thats enough information to go on, ill edit this post if i remember anything. Thanks.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cocozz View Post
    Last repost before i give up on this thread and go traul through the thousands of games on my mame32.
    Damn that actually sounds very familiar. Altered Beast maybe? or There was also a recent review of an arcade collection and there were screen grabs that look very close to what you described but I don't remember it now either. Sorry.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

the name of this game is: Ecstatica. It's a horror surival and very...unique in a sense.

"I got my head checked, by a jumbo jet." Now my dreams and hopes have all came crashing down.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Shareware View Post
    AWAY, DEMON DISC! BACK TO THE PIT FROM WHENCE YOU- Okay, so I had this disc too, and you aren't actually saying anything other than that it was a game on that disc. What was the game like? What do you remember about the specific demo?
    Sorry, I really don't remember any of it, except it was pretty fun. Sorry..
    Maybe I would remember if you told me all the games that were on it.
    Also, the Power Rangers one is Solved. It was the fighting game.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mailmann006 View Post
    Ok. My supervisor @ work has been asking me forever to try to find out the name of an arcade game he used to play as a kid. I know this is a little vague but i'll try. He said it is an older 2-d fighter based in medieval times. He said he remembers 2 of the fighters, one was a dragon and one was a knight. He also said that during the fight you could actually dismember them, well at least chop off an arm but you could keep slashing away @ each other with one arm. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
    Sounds like Time Killers

Quote Originally Posted by Takion Sun View Post
    I thought I'd give this one last try since the reboot...

It's an arcade game. You're on a cruise ship that gets hijacked, or is haunted or something. I remember two boss fights, one wherein you fight a big, roly-poly man in a chef outfit, and the last boss was a man who could teleport, and I think he was decked out in stereotypical pirate regalia. There were quick-time events abound, and one I remember is where you're driving a motorcycle around inside the ship and you have to do a QTE to avoid smacking into the wall.

Lot of the details are fuzzy, and I may have screwed up remembering even those parts that occur to me. Hope it works this time.

Edit: Agh, that's right, I must be addled...could someone move this to its proper place?
    Dynamite Cop..

Quote Originally Posted by Cabose117 View Post
    I'm also trying to remember the name of a PC game. It was a car shooter from the late 90s I believe. I remember buying a demo disc for it at Dollar Tree back when it was All-A-Dollar. In it, you controlled a Tron like motorcycle that could jump and shoot. The object of the game was to destroy as many of the other drivers within the time limit, and when time ran out an electric wall started to close in from every direction of the arena and you had to get back to the large pipe in the middle of the arena to escape. If I saw a screen shot I would recognize it instantly. Maybe someone can help me remember the name?
    Carmageddon.. maybe?
    Last edited by Constipated Rat; 29th-May-2011 at 22:36.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Constipated Rat For This Useful Post: