Page 17 of 145 FirstFirst ... 712131415161718192021222767117 ... LastLast

Thread: Forgot the name of a game? Post here.

Thanks

To TazzaDK on page 5:
    The second one sounds a lot like Commander Keen to me
    Last edited by bww2020; 11th-May-2011 at 01:32.

Elmdor Rizer is offline Official Chronicler of EP
    Unofficial Chronicler of your underwear drawer
    Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    Alright, so I'm looking for a SNES game. It's basically a motorbike racer played from top-down perspective, but it didn't have the most serious graphics ever. I remember it being a bit more wacky and colourful. I think it might've been a Japanese game, though I'm not entirely sure. Oh, and the most important thing: it had an extremely catchy intro song.

[UNSOLVED]
    I was gonna say Street Racer, but top down? HM.

Oh, well, catchy theme song!

Michael Ballack, he scores free-kicks.
    He's got black hair, and he's german.
    Michael Ballack, trains in paddocks.
    in his spare time, HE FARMS HADDOCKS!
    Watch me play Super C, guys!!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    Alright, so I'm looking for a SNES game. It's basically a motorbike racer played from top-down perspective, but it didn't have the most serious graphics ever. I remember it being a bit more wacky and colourful. I think it might've been a Japanese game, though I'm not entirely sure. Oh, and the most important thing: it had an extremely catchy intro song.

[UNSOLVED]
    Could it be Biker Mice From Mars?

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Elmdor Armitage View Post
    I was gonna say Street Racer, but top down? HM.

Oh, well, catchy theme song!
    Pretty catchy indeed, but no cigar.

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebub06660 View Post
    Nah, I'm pretty sure you controlled humans.

(Thanks for trying to help, though. )

Edit: Holy shit, I found it. It's Battle Cross. Catchy intro song! Kind of!
    Last edited by Gare; 11th-May-2011 at 11:06.

Thanks
    EP Points

Ok. My supervisor @ work has been asking me forever to try to find out the name of an arcade game he used to play as a kid. I know this is a little vague but i'll try. He said it is an older 2-d fighter based in medieval times. He said he remembers 2 of the fighters, one was a dragon and one was a knight. He also said that during the fight you could actually dismember them, well at least chop off an arm but you could keep slashing away @ each other with one arm. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
    I'm listening but I don't hear very much...

Thanks

I dont remember a lot about this game but I know its an arcade game and you are in a jungle and it has something to do with leaves....its kinda like mario in a way.....I used to play it at a mcdonalds on one of those premade MAME machines when I was very young....I know it was a boy you played and it was english unless its been translated... thanks for your replies...

Thanks

Default Old Arcade game from the '90's

I remember going to the local arcade and there was this machine you sat on a almost jetski or snowmobile like seat and used handle bars, and you rode though a futuristic half pipe (sometimes would close into a tunnel) and you could go side to side (partially up sides and 360 if in tunnel) and you shot the baddies ( robot things? ) it was primarily red and gold in colors on the cabinet and in the game maybe i want to say the it had a starfox-ish type graphics to it ( that also may have been around the time the game came out )

Thanks

There was this game on the NES where you had to beat up people while rollerblading.. I think it was possible to choose between male and female player
    I guess the name was something like "Roller..."

Thanks

I was just watching a video of old gameboy games and thinking about when I was young and gameboy was like absolute cutting edge/everyone had one. And I got to thinking about the games that came out that you could link and play two player. My friend and I used to play this game where each person would choose a character, who I believe were different animals? Like rabbit, rat, turtle maybe? I think there was a penguin, that kinda thing. Each animal had its own strengths and weaknesses. So, in game, each character would be on one side of a table and throw what I think were balls at each other. So sort of like fighting table tennis without paddles? Like you had to throw balls at the other player and wear down their life bar. I remember having a lot of fun with it. This ring a bell for anyone?

Nevermind. I found it by combing GameFaqs. Its called Penguin Wars. It's crazy the random things you remember sometimes. Oddly enough most of my childhood memories are of video games
    Last edited by plasticandrage; 12th-May-2011 at 20:31.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by xoxo View Post
    There was this game on the NES where you had to beat up people while rollerblading.. I think it was possible to choose between male and female player
    I guess the name was something like "Roller..."
    Probably RollerGames.
    Spoiler warning:

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Drageuth For This Useful Post:

Thanks

One was a 2d bird eye game some of the time and switched to side scrolling depending on the mode. And it would use guns to shot things during the story, It also had a create a map mode in which you would make whatever in a jungle setting. It was for the PSOne, and I can remember some blocks being TnT and others being ladders, and blocks of different hardness. Other then that insanely vague description, I remember making Tree forts, and blowing up Player Two's fort. Yeah vague and bad details, Memory are fuzzy

Unsolved

Thanks

I have two mystery games, both for the SNES:

The first: A game of which you are a hero who uses snot and farts to defeat enemies and navigate levels.

The second: A bit harder. I remember my dad playing it when I was a wee lad. All I remember was that it was a top down action adventure rpg. The only part I remember was having to go into a cave to save some guy. You find him, and his leg is broken. He follows, but you are slowed down. At this point, my dad always got killed by skeletons (I think.)

And, I guess one more question: Weren't there some Zelda games that were created for some non-nintendo disc based system? Two of which you are Zelda having to save Link?

I think you may be talking of a game called "Creatures". Wherein you raised furry creatures called Norns.

Quote Originally Posted by mrwilly View Post
    Hey guys, I've come here with a query about a long-lost game I used to play as a young kid on an old Windows 98 probably, between 1999 and 2004 roughly.

The premise of the game was that you bred and controlled these little minion creature things, quite small they were. They started off as babies and gradually grew. The game is played underground, with where the baby creatures are born. You get levels going downwards. For example on one level was a nursery where your baby creatures are born. A level down will be the school, level after the bar perhaps. Anyway these levels descend down until you reach the bottom, which is a hellish core level full of evil creatures which kill your creatures if they get there.

The game is played with the player look head-on into the levels. A visual demonstration would be like this:
    -------------ground
    a level
    ---------------
    another level
    --------------
    another level
    --------------
    and so on.

The player needed to feed and give water to their creatures and shit, help them survive.

If anyone knows what I'm on about, please do tell.

Unresolved.
    Whoops, My above response was in response to this.
    Last edited by Sprung; 14th-May-2011 at 03:33.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by King Rendall View Post
    And, I guess one more question: Weren't there some Zelda games that were created for some non-nintendo disc based system? Two of which you are Zelda having to save Link?
    There were a few terrible games for the Phillips CD-I, but you played as Link in both of this iirc. One was named Wand of Gamelon, don't recall the other.

EDIT: Wikipedia says there's a third, Zelda's Adventure, where you do play as Zelda. Also, you're Zelda in Wand of Gamelon, but Link in Faces of Evil.

Elmdor Rizer is offline Official Chronicler of EP
    Unofficial Chronicler of your underwear drawer
    Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by King Rendall View Post
    I have two mystery games, both for the SNES:

The first: A game of which you are a hero who uses snot and farts to defeat enemies and navigate levels.

The second: A bit harder. I remember my dad playing it when I was a wee lad. All I remember was that it was a top down action adventure rpg. The only part I remember was having to go into a cave to save some guy. You find him, and his leg is broken. He follows, but you are slowed down. At this point, my dad always got killed by skeletons (I think.)

I think you may be talking of a game called "Creatures". Wherein you raised furry creatures called Norns.

Whoops, My above response was in response to this.
    The second one reminded me of Robin Hood for the NES, for some reason. They're not skeletons though, and it's a prison, in which you start but, uh, still?

Michael Ballack, he scores free-kicks.
    He's got black hair, and he's german.
    Michael Ballack, trains in paddocks.
    in his spare time, HE FARMS HADDOCKS!
    Watch me play Super C, guys!!

Thanks
    EP Points

The first one sounds like Boogerman to me.