Page 16 of 145 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617181920212666116 ... LastLast

Thread: Forgot the name of a game? Post here.

Thanks

I had this game on game boy in an 8 in 1 game its a 2d japanise side scroloing platform game
    were your a ninja of some sort you attacck things with this chain whip thing which was also an grappleing
    hook and i think you had a sword aswell and the music was amzing it was life techno crazy
    you also had lifes and a health bar i think and your enemeys were robot mek things i think
    errm thats all i can remember thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lemon View Post
    Tales of Symphonia?
    Sounds more like Mystic Heroes. I'm pretty sure the blurb about massive battles is even there, in an orange star. Id have to go home and look though.

Oh yeah: There used to be a pc srpg series posted on the old forum. It was.. 5 or 6 games long, started with a F in the title I believe. It was a fan translation as well, I think. No, not fire emblem but a similar game style. I've been meaning to redownload it since my old hdd tanked but since the servers poofed and all... haven't found it again/can't recall what it was called.
    Last edited by Chocobolicious; 21st-April-2011 at 08:06.

Thanks

Hey guys, I've come here with a query about a long-lost game I used to play as a young kid on an old Windows 98 probably, between 1999 and 2004 roughly.

The premise of the game was that you bred and controlled these little minion creature things, quite small they were. They started off as babies and gradually grew. The game is played underground, with where the baby creatures are born. You get levels going downwards. For example on one level was a nursery where your baby creatures are born. A level down will be the school, level after the bar perhaps. Anyway these levels descend down until you reach the bottom, which is a hellish core level full of evil creatures which kill your creatures if they get there.

The game is played with the player look head-on into the levels. A visual demonstration would be like this:
    -------------ground
    a level
    ---------------
    another level
    --------------
    another level
    --------------
    and so on.

The player needed to feed and give water to their creatures and shit, help them survive.

If anyone knows what I'm on about, please do tell.

Unresolved.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Colamisu View Post
    Could it be Submarine Titans? It seems most likely as that's the only real RTS looking game that pops up when I google "underwater RTS."

Holy fark, I think so. Thanks a bunch, Colamisu!

Obviously, Ema Skye is hawt. And kickass.
    Mikuru needs a gentleman!

Thanks

Last repost before I give up on these threads.

This is one we've been looking for for ages. MS DOS game. You played a rabbit and I think may be a puzzle game, otherwise more likely a platformer. You eat cabbages to gain points and either when you eat the cabbage or when you finish the level it sings "hallelujah." Someone else has informed me there was a green slime involved. That's all I remember for now.

It's not Jazz Jackrabbit or Quick the Thunder Rabbit.

UNSOLVED
    Last edited by Pteryx; 27th-April-2011 at 06:04.

Thanks

Pteryx, do you happen to know the platform?

mrwilly, perhaps the game is Creatures? This is a screenshot of the first game:
    Last edited by ktjn; 25th-April-2011 at 21:35. Reason: addition

Thanks
    EP Points

I didn't even know a thread like this existed, so now I have hope!
    Ok, here goes:
    Platform: SNES OR Sega Genesis
    Genre: Action/Adventure

Unfortunately, I don't remember any of the mechanics (scoring, health, attacking) or even what the character looks like, BUT I remember the environment.
    1. It was very colorful.
    2. There were four levels, I believe you could choose which order you did them in. They were shown in the four corners of the screen, and each was a color: a green, ivy filled jungle level, a red volcano-like level, a blue underwater level, and I forget the fourth.
    3. In the "red" level, there was a portion where a giant black ball (shiny, like a marble) was chasing you, and you had to outrun it through a series of tunnels.
    4. This one MAY NOT BE THE SAME GAME. I might be mixing another one up here, but: in the underwater level, the boss was a pirate of sorts on a pirate ship, and he would like, spray out water at you, and you'd fall off the ship. BUT, you didn't die, you swam around under the ship, avoiding urchins, etc., until you got back onto the ship to continue the fight with him.

That's about it for what I remember. It's NOT Joe & Mac, though it's similar, and it's not any of the Sonic series, though they're close though too..

UNSOLVED

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ktjn View Post
    Pteryx, do you happen to know the platform?
    Oh. Well don't I feel dumb I could have sworn I had put that in, sorry about that I'll edit it. Platform is MS DOS

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sockesocke View Post
    einhänder is the only horizontal shmup on playstation that has a city setting and huge bosses at the end of the stage....that i know of.
    OMG Thank you that is it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chocobolicious View Post
    Oh yeah: There used to be a pc srpg series posted on the old forum. It was.. 5 or 6 games long, started with a F in the title I believe. It was a fan translation as well, I think. No, not fire emblem but a similar game style. I've been meaning to redownload it since my old hdd tanked but since the servers poofed and all... haven't found it again/can't recall what it was called.
    After hours of searching. I finally hunted down what I was looking for this morning, in a fit of boredom. It's Farland Story/Saga/Odyssey and all that jazz. Awesome series, if you haven't played it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pumbaar View Post
    I had this game on game boy in an 8 in 1 game its a 2d japanise side scroloing platform game
    were your a ninja of some sort you attacck things with this chain whip thing which was also an grappleing
    hook and i think you had a sword aswell and the music was amzing it was life techno crazy
    you also had lifes and a health bar i think and your enemeys were robot mek things i think
    Was there ever a GB version of Hagane?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pumbaar View Post
    This reminds me VERY much of Ninja Cop mate.

Thanks
    EP Points

Alright, so I'm looking for a SNES game. It's basically a motorbike racer played from top-down perspective, but it didn't have the most serious graphics ever. I remember it being a bit more wacky and colourful. I think it might've been a Japanese game, though I'm not entirely sure. Oh, and the most important thing: it had an extremely catchy intro song.

Edit: Found it. It was Battle Cross.

[SOLVED]
    Last edited by Gare; 11th-May-2011 at 11:12.

Thanks
    EP Points

i have two games in mind i believe there for the SNES.

one is a pacman game involving an adventure dealing with helping his family with simple deeds.

getting milk for the baby, getting a guitar for his son, getting a flower, then defeating gummaster.

the other one i can only recall the cover having some jungle boy on it.

and i never beat it cause it was hard.
    Layin down enjoying the fun unleashing the power of the sun and capturing them all until I'm done.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemongenius View Post
    i have two games in mind i believe there for the SNES.

one is a pacman game involving an adventure dealing with helping his family with simple deeds.

getting milk for the baby, getting a guitar for his son, getting a flower, then defeating gummaster.

the other one i can only recall the cover having some jungle boy on it.

and i never beat it cause it was hard.
    The Pacman game sounds like Pac-Man 2: The New Adventures. (Wiki)
    The jungle game sounds like it could possibly be one of the Adventure Island games (I think there were at least two for the SNES. Wiki). Or it could possibly be Joe & Mac.