Page 15 of 145 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516171819202565115 ... LastLast

Thread: Forgot the name of a game? Post here.

Thanks

ho-kai! long time visitor first time poster here and i absolutely love these forums :3 lots of fun stuff goin on :3 so i'm looking for a couple of games

1: I cant remember what system this game was for but it was definitely either Sega, NES, or SNES (though i'm pretty sure it was for the NES) it all took place in a mansion i think, or some kind of giant abandoned house, it was done like Castlevania in that it was kind of free roaming. It was also 2D, you could find different costumes that would give you powers (like a ninja that threw shurikens or a knight that would jab with his joust stick thing). I dont remember entirely but i beleive you could enter something like a dreamworld and had a limited time in there before some monstrously powerful enemy appeared. I keep thinking something along the lines of Freddy Kreuger when this game comes to mind, it was also a good 15 or so years ago when i played this at a friends place XP

2: This second game was a first person Star Wars game, it was for PC and i'm pretty sure it came out in the 90's. I thought it was Dark Forces but only found a PS1 version and it didn't look familiar at all.

Any help at all is awesome :3 thanks ahead of time yo!

1 - unsolved

*EDIT so after doing some late night research i actually answered number two and proved my own ineptitude, it was Dark Forces XP
    Last edited by Teh Waffler; 14th-April-2011 at 07:09. Reason: I'm an idiot

Thanks

I've been looking for this PC game that's kinda old. Set underwater, you build a base and stuff and. . . I'm not sure what enemies you face. I remember its graphics coming from the Red Alert era though. :\

Unsolved:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh Waffler View Post
    1: I cant remember what system this game was for but it was definitely either Sega, NES, or SNES (though i'm pretty sure it was for the NES) it all took place in a mansion i think, or some kind of giant abandoned house, it was done like Castlevania in that it was kind of free roaming. It was also 2D, you could find different costumes that would give you powers (like a ninja that threw shurikens or a knight that would jab with his joust stick thing). I dont remember entirely but i beleive you could enter something like a dreamworld and had a limited time in there before some monstrously powerful enemy appeared. I keep thinking something along the lines of Freddy Kreuger when this game comes to mind, it was also a good 15 or so years ago when i played this at a friends place XP

Obviously, Ema Skye is hawt. And kickass.
    Mikuru needs a gentleman!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fallen914 View Post
    I think you might be looking for Legend of Heroes for PSP. Sounds a lot like it.
    That's it!!! Thanks a bunch ^^ now im off to get a psp and a copy of Legend of Heroes

Thanks

I'm reposting my question from page 10, people probably won't see it back there: "For quite a while now i've been wondering about an old arcade game i used to play. For an arcade game it had quite good graphics, it was a side scroller where you played as a (green clothed?) elf like person, i believe player 2 was blue, but he might have been red. You used some sort of magic, i think it came from a staff (wand?) it may of been a laser weapon though, but unlikely. You were trying to save a female elf thing (maybe princess). The first level i think you came out of a bar or club of somesort that was made inside of a tree, the rest of the level i think was a forest. The bosses are what i remember the best, they were almost all zodiac creatures, there was also a sun and moon that may have been partialy mechanical. On all of the boss fights you were flying on... something, but the rest of the game was played on the ground. The bosses were weird, when you did enough damage to them, bits of their "skin" would disppear and make them look zombie-like. The gemini boss had you fighting against two women shaped bosses, but they had strange faces and (i think) talons on their hands. There was a saggitarius looking boss that was particularly ugly. Apart from the bosses the game was very cartoony. I hope thats enough information to go on, ill edit this post if i remember anything. Thanks."

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by johnxfire View Post
    I've been looking for this PC game that's kinda old. Set underwater, you build a base and stuff and. . . I'm not sure what enemies you face. I remember its graphics coming from the Red Alert era though. :\

Unsolved:
    Sounds like Archimedean Dynasty

Thanks

@tehwaffler. the game i believe your talking about is chamleon kid

Thanks

i have been searching for a game for as long as i can remember. its an nes game and it starts out in a castle. i remember collecting keys. then as soon as you get out of the castle theres like thunder and a dragon boss. i remember it was a 2d platformer.

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by lobsterassassin View Post
    i have been searching for a game for as long as i can remember. its an nes game and it starts out in a castle. i remember collecting keys. then as soon as you get out of the castle theres like thunder and a dragon boss. i remember it was a 2d platformer.
    Could it be Legacy of the Wizard aka Dragon Slayer IV: Drasle Family?

Outside the house where you start, before entering the dungeon.

Final boss, near the very beginning of the game but you can't fight him till the end.

Thanks

hmm.... i actually think that might be it. i was like four, and i thought i had remembered the scenery being darker. but now that i see it, yes that might be the game ive been looking for! thanx so much!!

Thanks
    EP Points

hmm.... i actually think that might be it. i was like four, and i thought i had remembered the scenery being darker. but now that i see it, yes that might be the game ive been looking for! thanx so much!!
    Yeah, the second image I linked apparently doesn't allow hotlinking, but the overworld is the only screen that's anywhere near that bright.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xosmi View Post
    Sounds like Archimedean Dynasty

Thanks, and the menu seemed familiar, but it wasn't an FPS sort of thing. It was an RTS or something close to it.

Obviously, Ema Skye is hawt. And kickass.
    Mikuru needs a gentleman!

Thanks

@tehwaffler. the game i believe your talking about is chamleon kid
    thats not it actually XP thanks for your input tho :3 i actually picked that one up way back when thinking it was the game i was looking for XD still a good game tho :3 prolly should have put that in the post XD

Thanks
    EP Points

Quote Originally Posted by johnxfire View Post
    Thanks, and the menu seemed familiar, but it wasn't an FPS sort of thing. It was an RTS or something close to it.
    Could it be Submarine Titans? It seems most likely as that's the only real RTS looking game that pops up when I google "underwater RTS."

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spongedude93 View Post
    I'm looking for a game too, it was for n64 and you were like some spider microchip looking thing that took over dead animals. I remember the second level was an arctic level but thats it :/
    Space Station Silicon Valley. It's so nostalgic and funny.

"I got my head checked, by a jumbo jet." Now my dreams and hopes have all came crashing down.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sockesocke View Post
    i also remembered a game i saw a couple of months ago in a video game store but the name escapes me. it was for either gamecube or ps2 and it had a very anime-ish art direction, another thing i remember for sure is that the cover mentioned something about battles with a huge amount of enemies on screen (probably like the warriors games from koei). anyone know which game it could be? thanks
    Tales of Symphonia?